Marine Urination Video

14 Jan 2012 08:37 #51 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Marine Urination Video

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: "Although I can empathize with the Marines they were wrong" ... no... there is no empathy needed here... there is no need to find nuances in the Geneva Conventions... it's wrong... period... 100 percent wrong.

Wrong... and I hope they prosecute the men responsible to the nth degree of the law.

The word was empathize (IE to Identify with) not sympathize, a very big difference.
My guess is that the video was not released by the cameraman out of some guilt or disgust, but was shared among fellow Marines and friends until it escaped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2012 09:02 #52 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Marine Urination Video

Grady wrote: [ My guess is that the video was not released by the cameraman out of some guilt or disgust, but was shared among fellow Marines and friends until it escaped.

Grady, my thought exactly.

14 Jan 2012 09:25 #53 by Martin Ent Inc
Americans cheered Gen. Patton when he urinated on the enemy
The last soldier I heard of urinating on the enemy was Gen. George S. Patton. Should the general, who, as much as any other, was responsible for defeating the Nazis, have been driven from the military for such and act?

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/ ... the-enemy/

14 Jan 2012 09:37 #54 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Marine Urination Video
Should they show respect for an enemy that shows none? It's easy to sit here out of harm's way and armchair quarterback.

14 Jan 2012 10:22 #55 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Marine Urination Video

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Americans cheered Gen. Patton when he urinated on the enemy
The last soldier I heard of urinating on the enemy was Gen. George S. Patton. Should the general, who, as much as any other, was responsible for defeating the Nazis, have been driven from the military for such and act?

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/ ... the-enemy/

There is also a link provided in the article you linked to with some additional information:

http://www.scrapbookpages.com/EasternGermany/Buchenwald/GeneralPatton.html

Turns out Patton did not actually "urinate on the enemy". Rather, he urinated into the Rhine River, a "symbolic" act, in my opinion, of more or less marking his territory (as the article you provided a link to posits further down in the text).

14 Jan 2012 10:49 #56 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Marine Urination Video
Obama should have the Marines invited to the Rose Garden to share a beer and a hardy handshake.

14 Jan 2012 14:58 #57 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Marine Urination Video

towermonkey wrote: Should they show respect for an enemy that shows none? It's easy to sit here out of harm's way and armchair quarterback.

TM, you are dead on. Thank You

14 Jan 2012 15:13 #58 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Marine Urination Video
Yes, by all means we should sink to the same level as our enemies. Let's drag their bodies through the streets and urinate on them. That shows how morally superior we are....

14 Jan 2012 15:22 #59 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Marine Urination Video
Funny, I don't pretend to be morally superior to anyone.

14 Jan 2012 15:29 #60 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Marine Urination Video
I thought we were talking about the soldiers. I didn't realize this was about you.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds