Marine Urination Video

20 Jan 2012 09:21 #81 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Marine Urination Video

LadyJazzer wrote: I see very little difference... And I don't have to have been in the military in a similar circumstance to recognize despicable behavior when I see it.

Again LJ, we do not know nothing about what these guys have been through. We do not know what their last 12 or 24 hours were like, being Marines, they deploy a lot over there, but I do see a difference between ones opinion and one making judgement on others. But that part is my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2012 11:24 #82 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Marine Urination Video

LadyJazzer wrote: I see very little difference... And I don't have to have been in the military in a similar circumstance to recognize despicable behavior when I see it.

I've never been in the military either, but I recognize that the first thing that must occur for a war to be prosecuted is a dehumanizing of the opposition. When you talk to a sniper, they don't even refer to what pops up in their scope as an enemy, what appears there is simply referred to as a "target". The more targets they eliminate, the safer their buddies are. The target itself has no real meaning or value to them beyond that. From the safety of our armchairs we can wax poetic all we wish, but it is important to remember that any military organization expends a lot of time and effort to remove many of the values society has given the soldiers in their previous life so that they can function effectively on a battlefield. For this reason, it is not reasonable to overlay the values of the society on the soldiers during their prosecution of the war they have been asked to fight. It is possible, even likely, that those snipers have relieved themselves on themselves more than once in the past as they sought to keep their location undisclosed. I'm sure that we would all find the concept of wetting ourselves despicable under normal circumstances as well. Well guess what, these men were not in circumstances that any of us would even begin to call normal; and for us to expect their behavior to be normal under those circumstances has no tether to reality.

I remember reading a story about a plane crash at the top of the Andes mountains. The survivors of that crash consumed the flesh of those that died in the crash and also the flesh of those that died subsequently. Cannibalism under normal circumstances is despicable and loathsome behavior, but cannibalism under those circumstances was quite reasonable, understandable, and quite possibly even expected behavior.

20 Jan 2012 11:27 #83 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Marine Urination Video
But we aren't talking about peeing on the bodies of our enemies as a "survival" tactic ... are we....

But I do love watching the apologist/contortionist try to find some way to justify it. Great entertainment.... :thumbsup:

Almost as entertaining as watching the justification of Newt schtupping three wives....

20 Jan 2012 11:40 #84 by PrintSmith
We're not even talking about piddling on the bodies of enemies, are we, we're talking about piddling on targets that had been shot and had no further value. Perspective is everything LJ.

20 Jan 2012 11:51 #85 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Marine Urination Video
:pop

20 Jan 2012 14:04 #86 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Marine Urination Video
I don't need to be raped to feel that it is wrong...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

20 Jan 2012 15:31 #87 by PrintSmith
Nor do I have to have someone piddle on me to know that it is wrong to piddle on a corpse. The reality of the situation though is that the sniper's view of the world when he is out there eliminating targets and mine from the comfort of my armchair are not one and the same. Sure would be nice it it were, but that doesn't alter the reality that it isn't. I'd be willing to venture a guess that if these same men were in our world instead of that one and it was reported that a soldier piddled on a corpse in a war zone that they would also share our understanding of why it was wrong for the soldier to do that. Your world is not the same as the deployed sniper's world Soulshiner - and the rules which govern those two worlds are not the same either. Is it really so difficult to understand that?

20 Jan 2012 17:05 #88 by ComputerBreath
There are rules and laws that govern crimes, and they are different during times of war. An example is desertion: during a time of war and on the battlefield it is punishable by death; during peacetimes it is punishable by confinement and/or discharge.

I do not see any type of justification...merely opinion and, when it comes to military law, fact.

20 Jan 2012 18:09 #89 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Marine Urination Video
We are talking about pissing on the bodies of dead human beings. Is that so difficult for you to understand and stop making excuses to make it seem right?

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

20 Jan 2012 19:10 #90 by Martin Ent Inc
Maybe someone should ask the bodies if it offensive to them.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds