Lies, lies, lies and more lies - The SOTU address

27 Jan 2012 07:43 #21 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, isn't it great... You post a list full of lies and have them proven as lies, they are bound to show up on your list.

What I don't understand is why, when an idiot-brainstem who couldn't possibly put together a list that long with that many coherent sentences, posts that much plaigerized material from someone else's blog without a link, without attribution, and way over the limit for "fair use", isn't called on it by the mods...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2012 07:51 #22 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, isn't it great... You post a list full of lies and have them proven as lies, they are bound to show up on your list.

What I don't understand is why, when an idiot who couldn't possibly put together a list that long with that many coherent sentences, posts that much plaigerized material from someone else's blog without a link, without attribution, and way over the limit for "fair use", isn't called on it by the mods...

Because an original attribution would be impossible for an email written, re-written, edited, folded, spindled and mutilated for almost three years.

The funniest part of all this is you felt the need to address it point by point, when the vast majority of folks reading this know it's just extreme right wing ranting.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

27 Jan 2012 08:11 - 27 Jan 2012 08:12 #23 by LadyJazzer
Oh, I enjoyed it... Anytime I get an opportunity to call the neo-fascist bozo a liar...over and over and over again...is time well-spent. :biggrin:

27 Jan 2012 08:11 #24 by Reverend Revelant

Nobody that matters wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, isn't it great... You post a list full of lies and have them proven as lies, they are bound to show up on your list.

What I don't understand is why, when an idiot who couldn't possibly put together a list that long with that many coherent sentences, posts that much plaigerized material from someone else's blog without a link, without attribution, and way over the limit for "fair use", isn't called on it by the mods...

Because an original attribution would be impossible for an email written, re-written, edited, folded, spindled and mutilated for almost three years.

The funniest part of all this is you felt the need to address it point by point, when the vast majority of folks reading this know it's just extreme right wing ranting.

Because Lady Jazzer is a liberal tool.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

04 Mar 2012 11:59 #25 by JSG
In the midst of what was then the worst economic downturn since the Depression -- Ronald Reagan approved the largest peacetime tax increase in history. On Sept. 3, 1982, the day he signed the tax hike, the jobless rate was 10.1 percent. In today’s dollars, TEFRA (The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibilities Act) and an accompanying small increase in gas taxes would have raised the equivalent of almost $1 trillion dollars over 10 years. The result: the economy boomed in 1983 and 1984.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-1 ... -hunt.html

(Ran across this today and couldn't figure out where to post it, so I stuck it in with the tax hike discussion here)

04 Mar 2012 13:02 #26 by PrintSmith
You just have to love how "progressives" switch the definition of tax hike depending on what lie they wish to tell today. Letting existing tax rate cuts expire isn't a tax increase but cancelling scheduled tax rate cuts before they take effect is. That is really where the bulk of the "largest peacetime tax increase" came from, isn't it JSG, cancelling future tax rate reductions. You should have figured out by now that there is a difference between knowledge and belief. Just because some "reporter" writes it does not make it so.

It should also be noted, for those unfamiliar with this period of our history who are wholly reliant upon the opinions of others, that this was another instance of a Republican president compromising with Congress and agreeing to raise taxes now in return for a promise, naturally unfulfilled, to lower spending in the future. IIRC, and I'm almost 100% positive I do, Congress promised to reduce spending by $3 for every $1 increase in taxes. Tells you all you need to know about why Republicans won't cut a similar deal with Democrats 30 years later - the Democrats have proven they have no intention on keeping their end of the compromise agreement.

04 Mar 2012 13:30 #27 by LadyJazzer

PrintSmith wrote: Letting existing tax rate cuts expire isn't a tax increase

Thank you... Now we finally agree that the Bush Tax Cuts expire IS NOT a TAX INCREASE...

It's about time. :woo hoo:

06 Mar 2012 15:19 #28 by PrintSmith
Typical "progressive" action. Remove from any context what it was that was said and then attempt to use it in support of their position. What of the rest of what I said LJ? Willing to stop saying that Reagan passed the largest tax increase in history since most of what you are then opining is a tax increase fails to qualify as such under the very same definition you are using to say that the expiration of the Bush tax rate cuts isn't a tax increase? Didn't think so.

07 Mar 2012 00:00 #29 by LadyJazzer
What part of "Letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire is NOT a TAX INCREASE" are you having trouble understanding?

07 Mar 2012 01:23 #30 by PrintSmith
The part where taxes rates go up - where they INCREASE - above what they are currently. Obama ended last year, and started this one, calling on Congress to renew his federal withholding tax rate cut so that the middle class workers who were struggling wouldn't have their taxes increased at a time when they could least afford to have their taxes raised. If Obama's tax cuts expiring is a tax increase how can Democrats pretend that having the Bush tax cuts expire isn't a tax increase?

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds