Lies, lies, lies and more lies - The SOTU address

07 Mar 2012 08:03 #31 by LadyJazzer
Whether or not Obama had to bargain for continuing Bush's tax-cuts, (that were supposed to expire) in order to get temporary tax-relief for middle-class Americans, doesn't change the fact that letting a tax-cut expire is not a tax-increase. Since the Bush's tax-cuts primarily benefited the top 5%, let 'em expire.

(I thought those tax-cuts were supposed to trickle-down from the job-creators? Since Bush only created 3 million jobs in 8 years, and was losing them at 750,000/month by the time he left office, I guess we know how THAT worked...)

Have a day... :Whistle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2012 15:40 #32 by PrintSmith
So what you are saying is that Obama lied when he said failing to extend his federal withholding tax rate cut would be a tax increase. The federal withholding tax rate cut was not implemented by Bush - it was implemented by Obama. It was a tax rate reduction from 6.2% on the first $106K of earnings to 4.2% on that same amount and it was set to expire at the end of last year. Obama said that it must be extended so that taxes would not be raised on the middle class while they were struggling, which is the same as saying that the expiration of his temporary tax rate reduction would be a tax increase on the middle class. If the expiration of a temporary tax rate reduction on federal withholding is a tax increase, then the expiration of a temporary tax rate reduction on income taxes across all income levels would be equally a tax increase. The definition has to remain consistent regardless of which party the president who signed the temporary tax rate reduction comes from LJ.

17 Feb 2019 08:11 #33 by homeagain
I dug this up out of archives...…..SSDD...….it is almost word for word what we are presently
debating. I think it was BB who mentioned the past discussion.

17 Feb 2019 13:40 #34 by Blazer Bob
No I mentioned the old threads on the border.

17 Feb 2019 14:54 #35 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: No I mentioned the old threads on the border.[/quote\

My error then.....mods you can delete this thread.....

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds