Would YOU have ordered strike on bin Laden?

03 May 2012 04:54 - 03 May 2012 06:02 #1 by Reverend Revelant
Well... that question has been proffered by the Obama campaign about Romney's willingness to assassinate the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington. So I was wondering... what would YOU have done if put in the same situation. Vote above.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2012 05:46 #2 by RenegadeCJ
No, I would not have ordered a strike on Obama.

Now, I WOULD have ordered on on Bin Laden though! :wink:

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 May 2012 05:59 #3 by FredHayek
The Five was talking about the options and I agree that Obama made the right decision on Osama. They could have also JDammed the house or droned it. This way made certain OBL was actually dead and the SEAL team was able to collect intelligence.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 May 2012 06:00 #4 by LOL
NO.

I would have sent Joe Biden on a special mission to talk him out of there peacefully. He could easily have bored Bin Laden to death with his jokes. Of course that would be inhumane treatment though. LOL

:lol:

(You need to fix your title)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

03 May 2012 06:02 #5 by Reverend Revelant

RenegadeCJ wrote: No, I would not have ordered a strike on Obama.

Now, I WOULD have ordered on on Bin Laden though! :wink:

Er... right... corrected... thanks... got to stop drinking this early in the morning.

03 May 2012 10:16 #6 by Something the Dog Said
Well, we know who would have not ordered strike on bin Laden!

A secret military operation in early 2005 to capture senior members of Al Qaeda in Pakistan’s tribal areas was aborted at the last minute after top Bush administration officials decided it was too risky and could jeopardize relations with Pakistan, according to intelligence and military officials.

The target was a meeting of Qaeda leaders that intelligence officials thought included Ayman al-Zawahri, Osama bin Laden’s top deputy and the man believed to run the terrorist group’s operations.

But the mission was called off after Donald H. Rumsfeld, then the defense secretary, rejected an 11th-hour appeal by Porter J. Goss, then the director of the Central Intelligence Agency, officials said. Members of a Navy Seals unit in parachute gear had already boarded C-130 cargo planes in Afghanistan when the mission was canceled, said a former senior intelligence official involved in the planning.

Mr. Rumsfeld decided that the operation, which had ballooned from a small number of military personnel and C.I.A. operatives to several hundred, was cumbersome and put too many American lives at risk, the current and former officials said. He was also concerned that it could cause a rift with Pakistan, an often reluctant ally that has barred the American military from operating in its tribal areas, the officials said.

The decision to halt the planned “snatch and grab” operation frustrated some top intelligence officials and members of the military’s secret Special Operations units, who say the United States missed a significant opportunity to try to capture senior members of Al Qaeda.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012 ... 22287.html

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

03 May 2012 10:24 #7 by FredHayek
Following up on what Snoop Dog said, it was nice that Barack was willing to piss off the Pakistanis by doing this mission on the sly. Increased the chance of success and not having someone tip off OBL, but also increased the risk of anti-aircraft fire or something else taking the SEALs out. It sure did piss them off that this was done without their permission.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 May 2012 10:35 #8 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote: Well, we know who would have not ordered strike on bin Laden!

[snip]

And we know who can't answer a simple question.

03 May 2012 12:43 #9 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote: Well, we know who would have not ordered strike on bin Laden!

A secret military operation in early 2005 to capture senior members of Al Qaeda in Pakistan’s tribal areas was aborted at the last minute after top Bush administration officials decided it was too risky and could jeopardize relations with Pakistan, according to intelligence and military officials.

The target was a meeting of Qaeda leaders that intelligence officials thought included Ayman al-Zawahri, Osama bin Laden’s top deputy and the man believed to run the terrorist group’s operations.

But the mission was called off after Donald H. Rumsfeld, then the defense secretary, rejected an 11th-hour appeal by Porter J. Goss, then the director of the Central Intelligence Agency, officials said. Members of a Navy Seals unit in parachute gear had already boarded C-130 cargo planes in Afghanistan when the mission was canceled, said a former senior intelligence official involved in the planning.

Mr. Rumsfeld decided that the operation, which had ballooned from a small number of military personnel and C.I.A. operatives to several hundred, was cumbersome and put too many American lives at risk, the current and former officials said. He was also concerned that it could cause a rift with Pakistan, an often reluctant ally that has barred the American military from operating in its tribal areas, the officials said.

The decision to halt the planned “snatch and grab” operation frustrated some top intelligence officials and members of the military’s secret Special Operations units, who say the United States missed a significant opportunity to try to capture senior members of Al Qaeda.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012 ... 22287.html

Must have missed it in the story - I didn't see a single sentence that says Rumsfeld, or Bush for that matter, called off an operation to snatch and grab Usama bin Laden. Lying like a dog again Dog? Calling off a snatch-n-grab to get a "senior member of Al Qaeda" isn't the equivalent of calling off a mission targeting the HMIC himself. More disinformation is all the left has got here?

03 May 2012 12:49 #10 by Photo-fish
If your going to just narrow it down to just Conservative and Liberal (Yes/No), I can't answer any of them. I don't fit into either of those boxes. I still would have orderd the SEALS in.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds