Big Gulps Banned in NYC?

01 Jun 2012 15:30 #21 by otisptoadwater
Is KFC on to something...

...or are they just paying it forward?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2012 18:11 #22 by Reverend Revelant
The nanny state at work. I ran into something I had never seen before. I was in a different nieghborhood than the other day and I saw a sign that said "traffic calming diverter's ahead." What the hey. I looked this up on Google when I got back to her house. Well, damn, it's basically a medium that prevents left turns, so traffic is not disturbed by someone that may possibly need to turn down their street to get home. I don't know how they are suppose to get to their street? Drive to the next shopping center, enter the shopping center, leave and drive back down the same street in the opposite direction and then make a right turn onto your street?

Goodness, lets just call them "can't we all just get along lanes," "it takes a village lanes" or "valiums for vehicles." Citizen, welcome to 1984.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Jun 2012 18:13 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Big Gulps Banned in NYC?

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: I looked this up on Google when I got back to her house.

No doubt

01 Jun 2012 18:15 #24 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Big Gulps Banned in NYC?
Are not these super gulps about 1/2 ice anyway? Clever marketing scam, LOL........... I just drink free water and order off the value menu. Been doing it for years.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Jun 2012 18:16 #25 by Reverend Revelant

Vice Lord wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: I looked this up on Google when I got back to her house.

No doubt

Guess what? I get to say whatever I want. That's what makes this country, and our freedoms so great. And it has happened, on occasion. we have had courts decide certain kinds of speech is harmful to the public good. The best part of all this is it doesn't happen often. But you, your feelings, your sensibilities, whatever, has nothing to do with my right to try to stop you, to make my point, to push you into a rhetorical corner, a place where you have no platform to argue from, to totally destroy your position. And guess what, you want to tell me I'm seething and raging, or squabbling, well, guess what, you get one point for correctness on that, yes I am, and it's my right to squabble you into intellectual oblivion.

How's those nuts?

01 Jun 2012 18:21 #26 by vglyman
Replied by vglyman on topic Big Gulps Banned in NYC?
I think I'll vacation over in NYC and bring a trunk load of "black market" big gulps! I'll be rich!!!!

01 Jun 2012 18:22 #27 by UNDER MODERATION

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

No doubt

Guess what? I get to say whatever I want. That's what makes this country, and our freedoms so great. And it has happened, on occasion. we have had courts decide certain kinds of speech is harmful to the public good. The best part of all this is it doesn't happen often. But you, your feelings, your sensibilities, whatever, has nothing to do with my right to try to stop you, to make my point, to push you into a rhetorical corner, a place where you have no platform to argue from, to totally destroy your position. And guess what, you want to tell me I'm seething and raging, or squabbling, well, guess what, you get one point for correctness on that, yes I am, and it's my right to squabble you into intellectual oblivion.

How's those nuts?

Yes..You can post what you want, but you've so diluted your impact that nobody read your posts anymore..I'm trying to teach you some basic social skills here- Not bann you. Simply put, if you talk too much nobody listens..Slow down Corkey

01 Jun 2012 18:24 #28 by otisptoadwater
I think the principal at work here is that the Gubment knows what is best for you and therefore any dangerous (or perceived to be potentially dangerous) product must be banned for the greater good of all.

Personally, I want to live in a country where I can choose to eat five five cheese burgers and drink a gallon of soda at each sitting if I choose to do so. Somewhere along the way those that don't understand the health implications will perish by their own hand. Said another way, just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you are too stupid to know better then proceed at your own risk and suffer the consequences for your own actions.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

01 Jun 2012 18:24 #29 by UNDER MODERATION

vglyman wrote: I think I'll vacation over in NYC and bring a trunk load of "black market" big gulps! I'll be rich!!!!

Why don't you mainline some pure suger outside the Mayors office and go into diabetic shock in protest? I'm sure that would help the cause

01 Jun 2012 18:32 #30 by Reverend Revelant

Vice Lord wrote:

vglyman wrote: I think I'll vacation over in NYC and bring a trunk load of "black market" big gulps! I'll be rich!!!!

Why don't you mainline some pure suger outside the Mayors office and go into diabetic shock in protest? I'm sure that would help the cause

Is this you?

Before dawn on August 21, 1983, petitioner and other members of the "Vice Lords" street gang became involved in a fight with members of a rival gang, the "Black Mobsters." Some time after the fight, a former member of the Black Mobsters, James Jackson, went to the home where the Vice Lords had fled. A second fight broke out there, with petitioner and three other Vice Lords beating Jackson severely. The Vice Lords then put Jackson into a car, drove to the end of a nearby street, and left him face down in a puddle of water. Later that morning, police discovered Jackson, dead, where he had been left.

That afternoon, local police officers obtained warrants for the arrest of the Vice Lords, on charges of battery and mob action, in connection with the first fight. One of the gang members who was arrested gave the police a statement concerning the first fight; the statement also implicated several of the Vice Lords (including petitioner) in Jackson's murder. A few hours later, petitioner was apprehended. Petitioner was informed of his rights under Miranda v. Arizona, 384 U.S. 436 (1966), and volunteered to answer questions put to him by the police. Petitioner gave a statement concerning the initial fight between the rival gangs, but denied knowing anything [487 U.S. 285, 288] about Jackson's death. Petitioner was held in custody the following day, August 22, as law enforcement authorities completed their investigation of the Jackson murder.

Sounds like you.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds