Big Gulps Banned in NYC?

01 Jun 2012 18:41 #31 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Big Gulps Banned in NYC?
No, I was a Mickey Cobra...

Just kidding..I'm the opposite of the kind of guy that joins a street gang......... and i'm from the Suburbs. We did have a club that met in a treehouse after school though. We'd plan water ballon assults on our sisters and their friends

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2012 18:49 #32 by Reverend Revelant

Vice Lord wrote: No, I was a Mickey Cobra...

Just kidding..I'm the opposite of the kind of guy that joins a street gang......... and i'm from the Suburbs. We did have a club that met in a treehouse after school though. We'd plan water ballon assults on our sisters and their friends

I'm from Brooklyn NY. I didn't see a real tree house until I moved to North Jersey. And then I understood what tree houses were for. They housed 12 year old girls and 12 year old boys who would play "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!"

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Jun 2012 18:50 #33 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Big Gulps Banned in NYC?

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

I'm from Brooklyn NY. I didn't see a real tree house until I moved to North Jersey. And then I understood what tree houses were for. They housed 12 year old girls and 12 year old boys who would play "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!"

North Jersey? That explains everything.
signed
A Trentonian

01 Jun 2012 18:57 #34 by Reverend Revelant

jmc wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

North Jersey? That explains everything.
signed
A Trentonian

And that explain nothing.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Jun 2012 20:22 #35 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Big Gulps Banned in NYC?

Vice Lord wrote: We'd plan water ballon assults on our sisters

Pervert.

01 Jun 2012 23:16 #36 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Big Gulps Banned in NYC?

CritiKalbILL wrote: This moron then has the balls to come out and celebrate "Doughnut Day". .

We have to cut him slack, he is a liberal. Would you make fun of the disabled? Same difference.

02 Jun 2012 10:59 #37 by ScienceChic

Blazer Bob wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: This moron then has the balls to come out and celebrate "Doughnut Day". .

We have to cut him slack, he is a liberal. Would you make fun of the disabled? Same difference.

Hey now! I prefer capably-challenged. :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Jun 2012 17:16 #38 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Big Gulps Banned in NYC?

archer wrote: How do you figure Blomberg is a progressive? He may be an independent now, but before that he was a Republican.

Ever heard of Teddy Roosevelt? He was a "progressive" Republican as well. Olympia Snow? A "progressive" thinks that more government control is preferable to more individual liberty - that the job of government is to provide for your individual welfare instead of protect your individual rights and freedoms.

That said - I'm trying to figure out why there is such a hullabaloo over this. The residents of NYC are the only ones who are subjected to this decree of the mayor of their city. If that is the form of government which they believe best for their happiness, I say more power to them, that is what coordinate levels of republican governance is all about. We ha e cities, towns and even whole counties which have decided to prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages locally, why shouldn't a local population therefore also be able to limit other forms of temptation within their community? What do I care what NYC and its mayor decide? I am not a citizen of NYC or of NY for that matter. Their government is foreign to mine as surely as Canada's or Mexico's is and has no impact on me, my life or my government. If the folks in NYC are displeased, then they will find themselves another mayor to repeal the law this one has made. If they like these kinds of.laws and wish to have their government be a nanny for them, they'll keep the mayor they have.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds