NJ Gov. Christie repeatedly endorses President Obama

30 Oct 2012 08:29 #1 by Something the Dog Said
"The president has been all over this and he deserves great credit," Christie said. "I've been on the phone with him, like I said, yesterday, personally, three times. He gave me his number at the White House, told me to call him if I needed anything, and he absolutely means it. It's been very good working with the president, and he and his administration have been coordinating with us great. It's been wonderful."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... -response/

Mr. Christie said Mr. Obama had called to make sure he had everything needed from the federal government and left a number to call him directly at the White House should any unmet needs arise.

“I appreciate that call from the president,” Mr. Christie said. “It was very proactive. I appreciate that kind of leadership.”

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012 ... =da5e0c513

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2012 08:33 - 30 Oct 2012 08:43 #2 by FredHayek
See how non-partisan Republicans can be? And this is only days before a national election. Others might choose this opportunity/crisis to trash their opponents. Oh wait, that is probably only days away.

If New Yorkers sense that relief efforts are falling short, will they take it out on the current administration?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Oct 2012 08:34 #3 by Rick
Isn't this what we want from good leaders... giving credit where credit is due regardless of whether it's the guy you want out of office or not? This says much more about Christy imo than it does about the president who is expected to help out during an emergency whenever he is asked.

The title of thiis thread is very misleading, he's not "endorsing" the president for re-election, he's pointing out something the president has done right.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Oct 2012 08:38 #4 by Something the Dog Said
Nice try at spinning. Note that Christie keeps going on about what a great leader the President is.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

30 Oct 2012 08:38 #5 by RenegadeCJ
True. Unlike most dems, we conservatives actually give credit when it is deserved. I'm glad Obama is doing his job, and actually showing leadership. I wish he would do so other times..... Whether or not I like the prez, he is still in office and needs to lead for our country's sake.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

30 Oct 2012 08:45 #6 by Rick

Something the Dog Said wrote: Nice try at spinning. Note that Christie keeps going on about what a great leader the President is.

Doing a couple things right in four years does not make a great leader. Let us know when Christie endorses Obama for president... otherwise this story is much more about Christie than it is about Obama doing what he's suppose to do. It must be tough watching the polls shift to Romney isn't it dog?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Oct 2012 08:52 #7 by Something the Dog Said
Keep dreaming.

It is interesting to see conservatives acknowledge the leadership of the President during a time of crisis, as opposed to Romney, who wants to get the government out of responding to natural crisis and close down FEMA.

30 Oct 2012 08:54 #8 by FredHayek

Something the Dog Said wrote: Keep dreaming.

It is interesting to see conservatives acknowledge the leadership of the President during a time of crisis, as opposed to Romney, who wants to get the government out of responding to natural crisis and close down FEMA.

If you read the whole interview, he didn't say that, but you are the cherry picker here, so I can't expect you to be truthful

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Oct 2012 08:54 #9 by CC
It is interesting to see how the brain of a liberal works.
Gov Christy has been on the campaign trail for Romney for months. Has publicly endorsed him but the Gov has a state that has been decimated by hurricane Sandy and the President is and should be doing his job.
Tell me stds....(interesting abbreviation there), with so many people in such dire straits.....why on earth would you politicize this?

30 Oct 2012 09:08 #10 by Raees
If Obama is re-elected, Christie could run for president in 2016. If not, Christie would have to wait till 2020.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds