will the Republican party be relevant in future elections?

07 Nov 2012 12:36 #51 by Something the Dog Said
Interesting tweet from The Hill:

"One of the more fascinating aspects of this election is that after hundreds of millions of dollars spent by billionaires to try and buy this election they collectively had less of an impact then a smartphone video made by a waiter in Florida. "

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2012 12:37 #52 by appleannie

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: Julian Castro and his brother are very impressive, as are many of the up and comers. But what the GOP does not get, it is not necessarily the messenger, it is the message itself that brings out the voters.

????? Huh? What message? The only message they brought out was "romney is a rich white guy who is gonna push grandma over the cliff". Not once did I see an ad showing what Obama was for. There was no message other than scare tactics. (of course, maybe that is the message you meant)

Then you weren't looking very hard.

It is easy to close oneself off inside a conservative echo chamber.
<snip>
Conservatives were at an information disadvantage because so many right-leaning outlets wasted time on stories the rest of America dismissed as nonsense. WorldNetDaily brought you birtherism. Forbes brought you Kenyan anti-colonialism. National Review obsessed about an imaginary rejection of American exceptionalism, misrepresenting an Obama quote in the process, and Andy McCarthy was interviewed widely about his theory that Obama, aka the Drone Warrior in Chief, allied himself with our Islamist enemies in a "Grand Jihad" against America. Seriously?

... and let's not forget about how liberals want everyone to fail/support them/take away our guns/have a government takeover of everything.

Look, it takes a little more work to see nuance but it's certainly possible. I haven't read the great orange satan, democratic underground or even seen Rachel Maddow, for that matter (seldom use the tv for anything but movies). For the same reasons, i don't watch Fox or read redstate, nro or free republic. I stick to the places that at least try to be "fair & balanced". Some of my favorite reading the past couple of years has been in places that I avoided like the plague in years before - the american conservative and outside the beltway, to name a couple. It's just really hard to take seriously all the woo-woo stuff that The Giant Wurlitzer (yeah, i know but...) has been pumping out and way too many of the right-wingers have been falling for it (and repeating it) hook, line & sinker. It begs to be mocked. You guys just don't seem to understand that, like Clint at the GOP convention, you're debating a strawman.

07 Nov 2012 12:38 #53 by LadyJazzer

Something the Dog Said wrote: Interesting tweet from The Hill:

"One of the more fascinating aspects of this election is that after hundreds of millions of dollars spent by billionaires to try and buy this election they collectively had less of an impact then a smartphone video made by a waiter in Florida. "

:thumbsup: :yeahthat: :like:

07 Nov 2012 12:44 #54 by RenegadeCJ

Something the Dog Said wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: Julian Castro and his brother are very impressive, as are many of the up and comers. But what the GOP does not get, it is not necessarily the messenger, it is the message itself that brings out the voters.

????? Huh? What message? The only message they brought out was "romney is a rich white guy who is gonna push grandma over the cliff". Not once did I see an ad showing what Obama was for. There was no message other than scare tactics. (of course, maybe that is the message you meant)

Which of course is total BS. You need to watch and read something other than right wing echo chambers.

The Obama message for the past four years has been empathy for the lower and middle income classes, equal rights for minorities including gays, lower the burden on lower and middle classes, health care available for everyone, reform against the excesses of the banking and wall street, focus on America and jobs in America.

Your message? tax cuts for the wealthiest, increased taxes for the middle class.

Message...as in a specific plan. I don't (and neither do any of my conservative friends) care about empathy, gay unions. There is no way to lower the burden on the middle/lower class. We need govt out of the way so we can grow the economy so those of us in those lower/middle class can work. Healthcare as passed is a boondoggle that will cost a lot of jobs, and a lot of $$ while lowering our standard of medical care. The reform against banks did nothing. The idea of "taxing transactions" will do nothing, except tax the middle class. There has been no focus on America, nor a focus on jobs in America. How specifically has Obama proposed to get these jobs? The "jobs bill" was nothing but another stimulus full of pork for special interests. Obama has no idea about the economy, or how to run it. We are in for another 4 yrs of the same.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Nov 2012 12:46 #55 by RenegadeCJ

LadyJazzer wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: Romney's message of I will get you back to work only appealed to those that are hard workers being nickled and dimed by the bad economy and inflation and the majority don't have to work anymore.

God, I hope you keep hanging on to that.... For at LEAST the next four years... PLEASE.

You disagree with that LJ? There are a lot of people out there who have no intention of working. Much rather be on unemployment than do a hard days work. Bad habit to get into.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Nov 2012 12:47 #56 by LadyJazzer
Gee, if that were any meaningful percentage of the population, that would be bad... Too bad it's not...

You need to listen to something other than Limburger and the Rightie echo-chamber.

07 Nov 2012 12:48 #57 by FredHayek
The Republicans are dead, they lost this election by 2 whole percentage points!!!! Omigod!!!! Just stick a fork in them now. And how many states were within 5 percentage points last night?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Nov 2012 12:49 #58 by RenegadeCJ

Something the Dog Said wrote: As far as fear, that is a Republican concept. Hope is the Democratic concept.

Funniest line all day. Republicans message had no fear in it, except the fear of a massive burdening debt on the next generation. Democrats scared people all over by saying Republicans were going to rob granny and gramps and put them on the street, and ban all forms of birth control and not allow any abortions. That is fear mongering. Please tell me what part of the rep platform had fear in it??

07 Nov 2012 12:50 #59 by RenegadeCJ

LadyJazzer wrote: Gee, if that were any meaningful percentage of the population, that would be bad... Too bad it's not...

You need to listen to something other than Limburger and the Rightie echo-chamber.

Unlike you, I actually work, and try to employ people. I have people every day who work a couple days, then quit and go back on unemployment. Manual labor is too hard.

07 Nov 2012 12:51 #60 by Something the Dog Said
Just because you refuse to accept his plans does not mean that he did not provide the details of his plans. You may certainly have your opinion, but it is not shared by the majority of Americans. For example, his latest jobs bills that was denied consideration by Republicans would have granted tax credits to small businesses for new hires. What is wrong with that? Another of his jobs bills denied consideration by Republicans would have given tax credits for employers bringing jobs back to American while imposing taxes on businesses who moved jobs from America to foreign shores. What is wrong with that?

Your rant is long on raving but short on specifics. In what manner has the Obama administration lowered jobs in the US? Study after study has shown that regulations have little or no impact on job creation. The current administration has kept taxes at a historically low rate. The current administration has proposed legislation that would create incentives for small businesses to hire and expand.

I get that you live in a right wing echo chamber, but really, you should actually review the facts.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds