Involved in a delicate situation over Christmas

28 Dec 2012 13:34 #11 by homeagain

gmule wrote: I am glad that she has the freedom to make that choice.

It is,of course, the MOST profound statement on this thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2012 13:41 #12 by Grady

homeagain wrote:

Big Doug wrote: Had dinner in Parker at a friends house a few days before christmas and it was revealed to me after the dinner that my friends (just turned 18 year old) daughter had become pregnant from her boyfriend. Weve been family friends for over 36 years and i've known this kid since the day she was born. She's a highly inteligent kid and had planned to go to CU in the fall, but her dumb boyfriend and his family had talked her into having the baby. She thinks the world of me so I was asked to speak with her about the ramifications of this decision.

Well after a long talk I convinced her to abort the child without telling the boyfriend...She's going pretend she had a miscarriage- This boyfriend of hers was a dope and going nowhere. His plan was to work his way up to manager at King Soopers while attending night classes at Arapahoe Community college...? What?

Anyway-Today was the day- and she was waffling this morning so I coached her up on the phone and her father drove her over there and she went through with it. Thank god. Well....I just got a call, she did it this afternoon and everything went perfectly. She's a little upset, naturally, and groggy but I know she will thank me and her father later- Kids just don't realise how bad life can be if you live in an apartment in Aurora and don't have any money, and I think i'm the only guy I know that married his highschool sweetheart that didn't end up getting a divorce... Funny thing though..I asked my friend if it was a boy or a girl and he said the doctor wouldn't say. He refused to answer the question when she asked? My friend is very grateful, he got his daughter back and I feel like I just saved a family friend from having a horrible life. Whew!

:bells:

WITH the bolded it would be hard to carry full term and then relinquish child......the boyfriend and his family would be ADAMANT about
keeping the child...(JMO)

Then let the BF's family adopt the baby. She had more than one choice.

Edit to add: Does anybody actually believe someone would "coach" a teenager to have abortion then brag about it on an internet forum?

28 Dec 2012 17:35 - 28 Dec 2012 17:44 #13 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Involved in a delicate situation over Christmas

CinnamonGirl wrote: You are pushing her? that is going to backfire big time.

I didn't push her, I explained to her what her life would be like in 5 years... An 18 year old girl can't teach anybody anything because she doesnt know anything yet. She needs to see the world first, plenty of time for babies later, like when she's 38

28 Dec 2012 17:42 #14 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Involved in a delicate situation over Christmas

Grady wrote: Then let the BF's family adopt the baby. She had more than one choice.

Her soon to be X boyfriends father works at a liquor store in Aurora! Its done

Were getting her a VW bug, she's going to college, joining a sorority, and shes going to be a kid for at least another 5 years..

Thats it

END OF SUBJECT

28 Dec 2012 17:51 #15 by UNDER MODERATION

homeagain wrote: I see BOTH sides of the issue CG.......practically speaking and for a brighter future it was a rational choice. HOWEVER, the does not
mean she won't remember and forever wonder if her ultimate choice was correct....(from the inquiry about if it was a boy or girl....I
surmise that the event will haunt her for a lengthily period of time)....JMO

I talked to her today, she's fine. Her mom took her to TJ Maxx.

28 Dec 2012 17:54 #16 by Wily Fox aka Angela

28 Dec 2012 18:02 #17 by homeagain

Big Doug wrote:

I didn't push her, I explained to her what her life would be like in 5 years... An 18 year old girl can't teach anybody anything because she doesnt know anything yet. She needs to see the world first, plenty of time for babies later, like when she's 38

Scientifically PROVEN.........teenagers have no concept of the ramifications of their actions, it is not until they are in their early/mid
20's that they start analyzing and digesting things. Their brains wiring becomes more efficient.

28 Dec 2012 18:16 #18 by UNDER MODERATION

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: awesome!

:hands:

28 Dec 2012 18:16 #19 by UNDER MODERATION

homeagain wrote:

Big Doug wrote:

Scientifically PROVEN.........teenagers have no concept of the ramifications of their actions, it is not until they are in their early/mid
20's that they start analyzing and digesting things. Their brains wiring becomes more efficient.

:hands:

28 Dec 2012 18:32 #20 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Involved in a delicate situation over Christmas

Big Doug wrote:

Oh really? You encouraged her to lie to the father of the child and when she got cold feet you encouraged her. It is her decision not yours. Whether she is young or not. She has to live with it the rest of her life. let her family deal with it.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds