Involved in a delicate situation over Christmas

02 Jan 2013 10:27 #51 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Involved in a delicate situation over Christmas

Grady wrote: I do, and my well adjusted grandkids as well. Only one works for a corporation, and he is their in-house legal counsel. The rest are professionals or business owners in their own right. Not to brag but I am pretty proud.

I just can't imagine you turning out anything but unhappy haters..My experience tells me that the fruit doesn't usually fall far from the tree..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2013 12:14 #52 by Grady

Big Doug wrote: My experience tells me that the fruit doesn't usually fall far from the tree..

Exactly why they turned out so well.

02 Jan 2013 12:34 #53 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Involved in a delicate situation over Christmas
I wanna believe you, but its just not happening.

02 Jan 2013 15:27 #54 by Grady
To quote my friend LJ " I really don't give a rat's ass". Just to be clear I am quoting her out of context, but you get the message.

02 Jan 2013 16:19 #55 by UNDER MODERATION
Well if you are so blessed.....how come your such an angry old man then?

You should be happy, like me

03 Jan 2013 09:25 #56 by ScienceChic

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Big Doug wrote: Whata got to say about that cg!?

You never shoulda opened more worms.. :lol:

That was total jibberish to me and stats have nothing to do with this. I was hoping to hear from people who feel what they feel and why they feel that way.

Well, thanks that was sweet. I did give my opinion of what I felt and why, and tried to explain that if you meant that people who get abortions do so because they are atheist and/or agnostic (ie don't "believe in intelligent design, religion, or God) that it is a gross generalization on your part and not supported by facts, which I then backed up. The majority of women who get abortions list a religious affiliation.

So what do y'all think about this? Should a company have a right to dictate what is and is not provided by the health insurance companies plans that they usually only partially cover costs on in the first place? If so, should they also be allowed to not cover costs if you participate in risky activities like riding a motorcycle or skydiving? Cancer treatment if you are diagnosed with lung cancer after smoking as a teen 50 years earlier? Where does the line get drawn?

Fox News Story: Supreme Court denies Hobby Lobby request for reprieve from health care mandate
Published December 26, 2012

Huffington Post story: Hobby Lobby Plan To Defy Obamacare To Cost $1.3 Million Per Day
12/27/12

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jan 2013 10:28 #57 by FredHayek
The fight over Obamacare v. religion isn't over. Looks like some judges are giving deferments for soup kitchens run directly by churches. The Supremes need to better define who gets exemptions.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Jan 2013 10:37 #58 by UNDER MODERATION

FredHayek wrote: The fight over Obamacare v. religion isn't over.

This kind of crazy behavior is why Romney didn't get elected and its why you'll lose the next presidential election as well.. Keep it up

All of your company paid health insuance policies that people have now cover abortions..I know Kiaser HMO and Blue Cross Colorado does- And I never heard any of the religous people I used to work with complain about it. So I think Hobby Lobby's has a problem with paying for any insurance for their employees. More jewish than Christian if you ask me

03 Jan 2013 10:44 #59 by FredHayek

Big Doug wrote: More Jewish than Christian if you ask me

:faint: Could you be more politically incorrect? :VeryScared:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Jan 2013 10:46 #60 by UNDER MODERATION
You know how copper wire was invented don't you? Two Jews fighting over a penny

i wrote and sold that joke in 1983

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds