How about this for a gun law?

11 Jan 2013 22:15 #1 by CinnamonGirl
How about this for a gun law? was created by CinnamonGirl
Liability insurance. You must show proof of it or your gun is confiscated. You must show proof when you buy ammunition. Let the insurance companies decide what is "low risk," "high risk," and "uninsurable."

Just bringing it up for discussion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2013 22:31 #2 by Mary Scott
Shhhhhhh!!! Don't give them any ideas.

12 Jan 2013 06:43 #3 by RenegadeCJ
I doubt criminals care about insurance. The massive amounts of drugs which enter this country are a great example of how well making something illegal works. Law abiding citizens won't do the illegal activity...but the criminals still will.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

12 Jan 2013 09:29 #4 by akilina

RenegadeCJ wrote: I doubt criminals care about insurance. The massive amounts of drugs which enter this country are a great example of how well making something illegal works. Law abiding citizens won't do the illegal activity...but the criminals still will.

:like: What RCJ said.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

12 Jan 2013 09:35 #5 by Mtn Gramma
The insurance companies will err on the extreme side of caution and simply not insure any gun owners. Similar to what they do about people with certain dog breeds. It will penalize people who are responsible. Jefferson County Sheriff's Office doesn't provide duty weapons or ammunition. Shall deputies risk being uninsured so they can keep their jobs?

12 Jan 2013 10:35 #6 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic How about this for a gun law?

RenegadeCJ wrote: I doubt criminals care about insurance. The massive amounts of drugs which enter this country are a great example of how well making something illegal works. Law abiding citizens won't do the illegal activity...but the criminals still will.

:like:

But I do know several gun owners who do have additional riders on their home owners insurance policies listing their firearms because of the value of the firearms. An insurance person would have better information but I believe under a normal HO policy, your firearms are only covered up to $5000. In today's market that really isn't a large collection, a couple of good shotguns, a hunting rifle and a handgun would just about eat that up.

12 Jan 2013 11:54 #7 by chickaree
How about a trail of responsibility? From the manufacturer down to the end user, you are responsible for your guns and ammunition and how they are used. They could be tracked with the equivalent of a VIN number. Yes, I know that there are people capable of making their own, but I don't think that the James Holmes of the world number among them.

12 Jan 2013 11:59 #8 by akilina
It would keep the honest people honest. It would do nothing for the illegal trade coming from outside the US which will flourish.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

12 Jan 2013 12:13 #9 by chickaree
The kind of people who perpetrate the mass killings are probably not usually plugged into the illegal networks. They get their weapons the old fashioned way. Their quest for weapons might even set off red lights.

12 Jan 2013 12:20 #10 by akilina
Disagree chickaree. If you take away their usual access and make it illegal they will walk down colfax, or other street and purchase one without any problem.

The illegal trade is there. If you make it harder legally then why not use easy access illegal. They did it with prohibition.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds