In your opinion, what are the 10 biggest threats 2 your life

19 Jan 2013 18:52 #1 by The Boss
Just curious, because we are putting guns front and center.

What are the 10 biggest threats to your life on a daily basis. When you wake up, what do think may kill you if you let your guard down that day. Is getting shot on that list? If so where. If you cannot handle 10 try 3 or even just one.

Thanks. Just trying to get to fundamentals. Seems that folks want to prioritize saving lives on some other scale than the risk to the life they are trying to save. Aside from looking at the risk of various threats to your life, how else to you decide what to do to protect yourself.

If gun control is the #1 thing you want from the gvt right now, what are you doing in your own family to deal with this #1 issue, as you must consider this the biggest threat to you and your family in order to allow the govt to DE-prioritize EVERYTHING else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2013 19:19 #2 by The Boss
I am most afraid of a bad driver or LJ figuring out who I am because she is the toughest person I have ever been exposed to, she is unreasonable and stated that she has a car, which she can use to hurt me.

19 Jan 2013 19:20 #3 by navycpo7
A bad driver,

maybe a health issue but that is about it.

19 Jan 2013 19:45 - 19 Jan 2013 20:09 #4 by otisptoadwater
1) Car crash. Statistically it's the most likely.
2) Plane crash. I travel a lot, not as likely as a car crash.
3) Wrong place, wrong time. I travel to the 2nd and 3rd world, the bad guys could show up at the same time I happen to get there.
4) Mishap around the house. I live alone and if I fell off a ladder or went down the stairs head first it would be a couple of days before anyone knew about it.
5) Getting sick abroad. There are places on the planet that don't have modern health care or can't extradite a patient in time to get them to adequate care.
6) Getting older. At some point in time I'm going to lay down and never wake up again - I'd rather take a bullet in the back from a husband that came home early!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 Jan 2013 20:03 #5 by Nobody that matters
1) car crash
2) my health
3) absent mindedness - I've been injured a couple of times just by not thinking things through
4) power tools
That's about it... Other threats never really enter my mind.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

19 Jan 2013 22:01 #6 by gmule

Nobody that matters wrote: 1) car crash
2) my health
3) absent mindedness - I've been injured a couple of times just by not thinking things through
4) power tools
That's about it... Other threats never really enter my mind.

Pretty much the same list for me except for the 6 months out of the year that I ride my motorcycle so I would put all drivers at the top of that list.

19 Jan 2013 22:15 - 20 Jan 2013 06:52 #7 by Raees
So guns are not in the top 10 threats to your life for anyone?

Then why do you need to carry a frickin gun around to protect yourself?

19 Jan 2013 22:42 #8 by The Boss
I only use guns to shoot roadsigns and rarely have one on me. What's wrong with having a gun on you though, if you are not going to initiate the use and likely would not even have used it if you were in the theater no matter how much of a macho poster you are.

So to answer you question, it is likely about the way it makes you feel for those that do, feel more secure, if needed you can make a very aggressive move.

Raees, would you mind making your list? Do you fear guns daily, more than other cars?

19 Jan 2013 23:37 #9 by FredHayek

Raees wrote: So guns are not in the top 10 threats to your life for anyone?

The why do you need to carry a frickin gun around to protect yourself?

I have had fire insurance for 20 plus years and doubt I will ever need it but I continue to carry it. I have had a permit to carry for nine years and never had to use it on another human. (I did put a sick animal down with it.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2013 23:58 #10 by archer
I have a couple guns too.....more for protection of my animals than for myself, though I know how to use it and would do so without thinking twice if I or my family were attacked, I also welcome any measures that keep guns in the hands of lawful citizens and tries to limit the availability of them to those who should not have them.....felons, the certifiable mentally ill, children, etc. I also welcome any laws that limit the capacity of a magazine and the availability of assault style weapons. I do not subscribe to the fear mongering that is running rampant right now.....I have the weapons I feel I need for safety and protection.....I surely will not run out and obtain an arsenal "just in case".

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds