Happy Inaguration Day President Obama!

21 Jan 2013 16:55 #11 by FredHayek
Barack swore to uphold the Constitution today. Too soon for the first lie of his second term? ( Stolen from Facebook.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2013 17:25 #12 by Raees
I should have known. Your "Happy Inauguration Day President Obama" was to launch a hatchet job.

21 Jan 2013 17:39 #13 by LadyJazzer

Raees wrote: I should have known. Your "Happy Inauguration Day President Obama" was to launch a hatchet job.

All you had to do was look at the name of the original poster to know it was a hatchet job... Hardly a surprise...

21 Jan 2013 18:34 #14 by Rick

"We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate, " Obama said from atop the Capitol steps overlooking the National Mall.

:like: At least I can say I agreed with something the president said today... hopefully others will take his advice to heart (including himself).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Jan 2013 18:44 #15 by archer

Rick wrote:

"We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate, " Obama said from atop the Capitol steps overlooking the National Mall.

:like: At least I can say I agreed with something the president said today... hopefully others will take his advice to heart (including himself).

How about including yourself? You called him a liar just a few posts up.

21 Jan 2013 18:47 #16 by LadyJazzer
Looks to me like the top contenders were Rushbo, about half of the House of Representatives, and most of FauxNews...

21 Jan 2013 19:22 #17 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

How about including yourself? You called him a liar just a few posts up.

I guess I missed something... but if I did call him a liar, not only is that not what we're talking about (reasoned debate) but I probably have some proof of that. I think Obama is a huge hypocrite for sure and has told some whopper "un-truths" (is that better?). But unfortunately, I will never get to debate the president. And if I could, I WOULD be respectful and use facts instead of name calling to make my points. If the facts I present show him to be a world class hypocrite, or an un-truth teller, would that be inappropriate?

But the gist of the quote from him was to not confuse name calling with reasoned debate. I've decided to take the high road and NOT call those I debate with names because it's childish and accomplishes nothing.

Now please show me the quote you were referring to so I can defend it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Jan 2013 19:29 #18 by archer
Sorry....and mea culpa, the post was by Fred, and when I read your post on my cell phone I thought it was by Fred too. I really am sorry.

21 Jan 2013 19:30 #19 by Rick

archer wrote: Sorry....and mea culpa, the post was by Fred, and when I read your post on my cell phone I thought it was by Fred too. I really am sorry.

No worries :biggrin:

George Orwell

21 Jan 2013 19:49 #20 by otisptoadwater
So how quickly do you think Barry will act on his new promises? Here is an example that leaves me wondering how Barry defines words like "immediate" and "quickly."

[youtube:2ffa0pot]
[/youtube:2ffa0pot]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds