Happy Inaguration Day President Obama!

21 Jan 2013 20:26 #21 by LadyJazzer
I don't know...

I remember the GOTP saying their promise was to make Obama a "one-term president"...How'd that work out for you?

I remember them saying they wouldn't vote to stop the "fiscal cliff"... How'd that work out for you?

Then they promised they'd let the country go down the tubes with the debt-limit... How's that working out for you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2013 20:32 #22 by FredHayek
And every American has $50,000 more in debt added to the country's balance sheet after four years of Obama and what do we have to show for it? Bailing out Obama's Wall Street buddies?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jan 2013 20:39 - 21 Jan 2013 20:52 #23 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: what do we have to show for it?

We have falling unemployment rates... We've got increases in manufacturing, and manufacturing jobs. We're going to have discounts for small business to obtain health care for their employees...We're going to see the rest of the Affordable Health Care Act implemented. We've ended the Iraq War, and brought 144,000 of our troops home. We're winding down the Afghanistan War, and by the end of 2014, we'll be totally out of that one. We're starting to look at infrastructure improvements, roads/bridges; We've guaranteed that students will still be able to get school loans at HALF the rate the GOTP wanted to raise them to; We're going to start working on Comprehensive Immigration Reform; We're going to see the tax-rates on the top 1% go up...(like they should have in the first place); We're going to see more tax-loopholes for the rich closed; and with any luck, we're going to start seeing some action on gun-control....

You don't like it?... You can't imagine how much I don't care. The GOTP clowns destroyed the economy, and after four years, they STILL can't do anything but complain that it didn't get straightened out fast enough...while they tried to block every single step that would help...

Boo-friggin'-hoo....

21 Jan 2013 20:42 #24 by archer

FredHayek wrote: And every American has $50,000 more in debt added to the country's balance sheet after four years of Obama and what do we have to show for it? Bailing out Obama's Wall Street buddies?

It sure isn't for lack of trying by the democrats and Obama, they made multiple offers of "x"$ (I can't remember the exact figure) in spending cuts for every $1 of revenue increase and the GOP has turned them down flat every time. IF we both raise revenue AND cut spending we can effectively attack the deficit and the budget.....but nothing will happen until the GOP agrees that revenue is part of the equation. With the fiscal cliff they had to compromise and got little in return, I bet they are looking back at Obama's former offers and wondering why they didn't take the deal, they would have gotten spending cuts along with the revenue increases.

21 Jan 2013 21:19 #25 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: what do we have to show for it?

We have falling unemployment rates... We've got increases in manufacturing, and manufacturing jobs. We're going to have discounts for small business to obtain health care for their employees...We're going to see the rest of the Affordable Health Care Act implemented. We've ended the Iraq War, and brought 144,000 of our troops home. We're winding down the Afghanistan War, and by the end of 2014, we'll be totally out of that one. We're starting to look at infrastructure improvements, roads/bridges; We've guaranteed that students will still be able to get school loans at HALF the rate the GOTP wanted to raise them to; We're going to start working on Comprehensive Immigration Reform; We're going to see the tax-rates on the top 1% go up...(like they should have in the first place); We're going to see more tax-loopholes for the rich closed; and with any luck, we're going to start seeing some action on gun-control....

You don't like it?... You can't imagine how much I don't care. The GOTP clowns destroyed the economy, and after four years, they STILL can't do anything but complain that it didn't get straightened out fast enough...while they tried to block every single step that would help...

Boo-friggin'-hoo....

Pretty small beans for $50,000 each or 5 trillion dollars for the country as a whole. But Barry doesn't care, he will be gone when the bill comes do. Kick the can down the road. 5 trillion just doesn't buy what it used to.

21 Jan 2013 21:29 #26 by LadyJazzer
I think it's a great list, and worth every penny.... I doubt that it's "small beans" to all the workers who either kept their jobs or got new ones, (particularly in the auto industry)...

And I don't care that you don't care...

Since Bush loaded us up with $4.5 TRILLION with two unnecessary, unpaid-for wars; unpaid-for tax-cuts; a $750 BILLION unpaid-for drug-benefit; no-bid contracts for his cronies, and billions in other perks, pork and giveaways for his buddies--(and you never said a word)-- Wake me when you have something new to be outraged about.

:Snooze

21 Jan 2013 22:31 #27 by FredHayek
When Obama started, the country had 10 trillion in debt, Obama increased over 200 years of debt into 15 trillion and all we have to show for it is 1/2 price college loans? (Meanwhile the college student debt bubble is expanding because graduates can't find work.) Bravo Obama!
Oh, I forgot, unemployment has gone down to 7.85 meaning 20 million Americans are still unemployed. Bravo! For 50K per person, you think we could have at least got some jobs.

21 Jan 2013 22:32 #28 by LadyJazzer
I doubt that it's "small beans" to all the workers who either kept their jobs or got new ones, (particularly in the auto industry)...

And I don't care that you don't care...

FredHayek wrote: When Obama started, the country had 10 trillion in debt,

Wow... Let's see where that "10 trillion in debt" that OBAMA STARTED WITH came from, shall we?

Since Bush STARTED WITH A SURPLUS... It would appear that the $10 TRILLION was primarily the work of Reagan, Bush-41, and Bush-43....

Since Bush loaded us up with $4.5 TRILLION with two unnecessary, unpaid-for wars; unpaid-for tax-cuts; a $750 BILLION unpaid-for drug-benefit; no-bid contracts for his cronies, and billions in other perks, pork and giveaways for his buddies--(and you never said a word)--

C'mon, Fred... You want to recycle all your old talking-points? (That have been shot-down at least 10 times already...) Wake me when you have something new to be outraged about.

:Snooze

22 Jan 2013 05:21 #29 by LOL

Rick wrote:

"We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate, " Obama said from atop the Capitol steps overlooking the National Mall.

:like: At least I can say I agreed with something the president said today... hopefully others will take his advice to heart (including himself).

This is the same President that used "Romnesia and Romney-Hood" to cheering supporters in his campaign speeches? Yes I do have tons of respect for him, and he definitely leads by example. :)

Executive Order 1: Now that the campaign is over, no more name-calling. - President Obama 2013

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

22 Jan 2013 06:58 #30 by FredHayek
So four more years of Obama, can he beat his record of 5 trillion spending in four years? Maybe 8 trillion this term? Especially if he takes back the House, like LJ predicts.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds