Happy Inaguration Day President Obama!

21 Jan 2013 11:47 #1 by FredHayek
He made a number of pledges in his speech. What do you want him to accomplish in his next term?

I hope he introduces "sensible" measures to avert climate control like tax breaks/credits for better insulation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2013 12:03 #2 by LadyJazzer
He also stuck it to Paul Ryan...(and others):

President Obama took direct aim in his inaugural address at the Randian rhetoric that animates the politics of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and his conservative followers in the House and around the country, arguing that the United States is "not a nation of takers."

For Ryan, the country is divided between "takers" and "makers." He generally puts the number of the former at around a third, with the remainder in the producing category. The dichotomy has been a regular part of his rhetorical repertoire for years, and was elevated during the presidential campaign as Ryan sought the vice presidency.

Ryan argues that social insurance programs that are central to Western welfare states sap the citizenry of ambition. Obama took direct aim at that contention on Monday. "The commitments we make to each other -- through Medicare, and Medicaid, and Social Security -- these things do not sap our initiative; they strengthen us. They do not make us a nation of takers; they free us to take the risks that make this country great," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/2 ... f=politics

Take that and stuff it... :biggrin:

21 Jan 2013 12:04 #3 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: He made a number of pledges in his speech. What do you want him to accomplish in his next term?

Making sure that NONE of the pledges that were promised by Mitt-Flop & Lyin' Ryan are carried out.

21 Jan 2013 14:01 #4 by LOL

"...they free us to take the risks that make this country great," he said."

Huh? That is certainly a new take on social safety net programs. Free us for more risk taking? That's the first I've ever heard that argument.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Jan 2013 14:03 - 21 Jan 2013 15:17 #5 by LadyJazzer
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

21 Jan 2013 14:12 #6 by FredHayek
Go mountain climbing, ACA will pay for it if you fall! Take on massive amounts of college debt getting your masters of fine arts in pottery, we will forgive your debts.

21 Jan 2013 14:14 - 21 Jan 2013 14:21 #7 by LOL
I'm thinking of boosting my risk taking in my IRA, since SS will cover me. I'm going for Oil and gold futures, credit default swaps, and call options on High Tech start-ups. Maybe some Vegas gambling too. WHooHooo

Thanks Obama!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Jan 2013 14:15 - 21 Jan 2013 14:30 #8 by LadyJazzer
Yes, if you have insurance, (which ACA is), and you fall off a mountain, it pays for your care...(As opposed to the deadbeats who could afford to pay for it, but decide not to because they'd rather have a faster, newer car, or a motorcycle...And if they fall off the mountain, they go to the emergency room, and we ALL pay for it...) Gee, insurance even pays for clowns that run through the forest playing "Militia maneuvers" and fall down and need stitches to close a wound after playing "big bad soldier" all day.

Fred, you really need some new material... This canned crap that you keep regurgitating is not working.

21 Jan 2013 14:22 #9 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote:
Fred, you really need some new material... This canned crap that you keep regurgitating is not working.

:(:

21 Jan 2013 14:59 #10 by Raees
That response was funny. I don't care which side you're on.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds