California leading the way on the economy

01 Feb 2013 12:33 #21 by LadyJazzer
Yes, professor, I know how regressive sales-taxes are as compared to income taxes. Who knew!?!?!

And the last I heard, this sales-tax increase was a temporary one to help close the hole in the budget (created by the usual GOP anti-tax crowd).

And did you miss the part about: "And California's Democratic takeover has now given us a healthy budget surplus this year, something Ahnold couldn't manage without gimmickry."

Wow... You don't like high sales-taxes!!! I don't either... (You should tell that to Bobbie Jindal and the Republican Governors Association... I'm sure they'll take it into consideration...)

Republican Governors Push Bigger Reliance on Sales Taxes

So, California does the same thing the Republican governors think is a peachy idea, (because it screws the lower-income folks, and keeps more money in the pockets of the higher-income folks), and this is somehow a problem for you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2013 12:48 #22 by FredHayek
California balances out the higher sales tax with a higher income tax, 13% for the rich...but the rich can afford to move to no ncome tax states like Arizona. Just ask the golfer, Phil Mickelson.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Feb 2013 12:51 #23 by LadyJazzer
Poor California... New businesses, construction going on like crazy, a budget surplus, jobs and businesses coming back...

And a few multi-millionaires (read: 1%'ers) are upset... Let me find my golfer's crying-towel...(Was this one of the guys who was complaining about the "47%"?) Did you guys get the memo?... YOU LOST...

Yeah, let me know when it all "crashes" and goes downhill...

01 Feb 2013 14:27 #24 by Grady
Except for 1995 - 1996 the Dems have been in control of the California Legislature. That doesn't mean they have had a super majority, so the repubs have had some say in budgetary issues. But they have had free hand in damn near everything else.

01 Feb 2013 15:00 #25 by FredHayek
And now the Dems have the super-majority they want. Cali, land with 1/8th of US residents and 1/5th of welfare payments. The Arkansas of the West.

01 Feb 2013 16:56 - 01 Feb 2013 18:10 #26 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote: Except for 1995 - 1996 the Dems have been in control of the California Legislature. That doesn't mean they have had a super majority, so the repubs have had some say in budgetary issues. But they have had free hand in damn near everything else.

It kind of doesn't matter who has temporary control of one house or the other when what is killing the state economy is an amendment that couldn't be overturned without a super-majority. The days of the GOP destroying the state's education system, and the rest of the infrastructure, are over.

It's no wonder things are turning around. What will you guys do when your 2010 talking points don't work anymore?

01 Feb 2013 17:00 #27 by FredHayek
Like Obama's talking points that he would close down Gitmo and lower unemployment? How is that working out for him and America? 7.9% up again.

01 Feb 2013 17:08 - 01 Feb 2013 17:21 #28 by archer

FredHayek wrote: California balances out the higher sales tax with a higher income tax, 13% for the rich...but the rich can afford to move to no ncome tax states like Arizona. Just ask the golfer, Phil Mickelson.

Arizona has an income tax, it's about the same as Colorado's.....and our sales tax here is about the same as California's....around 11% in the Phoenix area. And this is a very red state.

01 Feb 2013 17:13 #29 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Like Obama's talking points that he would close down Gitmo and lower unemployment? How is that working out for him and America? 7.9% up again.

How's that deflection thing workin' out for ya?

02 Feb 2013 18:07 #30 by Blazer Bob
LOL.

I am not a blind partisan. When CA becomes the shining city on the hill. I will vote democrat. I will dance if they find a formula that works.

Is there any level that CA can sink to where the left will admit that that the formula is wrong and not the fault of evil republicans.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds