Gun debate spurs DEATH threats at Colorado Capitol

18 Feb 2013 16:06 - 18 Feb 2013 16:08 #21 by LadyJazzer
This wacko lobbyist threatened her; she responded; he was thrown out. Sounds good to me.

Maybe one day these wacko NRA/RMGA lobbyists will figure out what: "violates the law" means.

It doesn't change the FACTS of the recorded DEATH THREATS on members of the Colorado Legislature, does it?...No matter how much you try to deflect.

If you want a lesson in "made up facts", see the thread on "Bear Bombers OVER GUAM"...("equipped with nuclear-tipped cruise missiles"...) I got yer "made-up facts" right here...

Grady wrote: BTW Joe Neville the RMGO lobbyist was back in the capitol the very next day.

...with a fresh copy of the RULES that he violated in his hand...Courtesy of the Capitol Police and the Colorado State Legislature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2013 16:07 #22 by Grady

Something the Dog Said wrote: Obviously the lobbyist for the extremist gun lobby thought so too. However, registered lobbyists are expressly forbidden to do anything other than educate the representative. Any threats, promises, contributions can not be made directly. The days of slipping envelopes of money to the representative on the floor are prohibited.

I don't doubt that words were said on both sides that the participants would like to have back.

18 Feb 2013 16:10 #23 by Something the Dog Said
Of course he was back. He is still a registered lobbyist up until she should decide to press ethics charges against him and he is found guilty by the Ethics Committee. I did not see anywhere where he denied threatening her with reprisals.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

19 Feb 2013 07:46 #24 by The Boss
I thought threats to kill someone are bad.

No one should like this.

It takes one sick puppy to like this kind of environment just to get her way. I think some people think govt is a game.

Liking death threats, please get this person out of my community.

19 Feb 2013 07:56 #25 by FredHayek
On a lighter now, you have Rep. Salazar(D) saying that women can't be trusted with guns and should use whistles instead.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Feb 2013 08:07 #26 by LadyJazzer
It doesn't change the FACTS of the recorded DEATH THREATS on members of the Colorado Legislature, does it?...No matter how much you try to deflect.

If you want a lesson in "made up facts", see the thread on "Bear Bombers OVER GUAM"...("equipped with nuclear-tipped cruise missiles"...) I got yer "made-up facts" right here...

19 Feb 2013 08:10 #27 by Grady

on that note wrote: I thought threats to kill someone are bad.

No one should like this.

It takes one sick puppy to like this kind of environment just to get her way. I think some people think govt is a game.

Liking death threats, please get this person out of my community.

It is bad to threaten to kill someone, if that person can be found they should be prosecuted. Also if the death threat call was made just to garner support for the passage of the latest gun bills then that person should also be prosecuted.

BTW are we not referring to a single call not multiple calls, therefore a threat may have been made not threats as some like to post over and over again.

19 Feb 2013 08:48 #28 by ScienceChic

LadyJazzer wrote: I sure am looking forward to replacing Gerou with a REAL Democrat in the near future... :biggrin: She's not as odious as some of the past righties, but we can do better...

I respectfully disagree that we can do better, but that's my personal opinion. I may not agree with many of her votes and stances, but in an era when we all complain that our representatives don't represent us, don't work for us, and don't care about us, Cheri Gerou shatters that stereotype. I've not seen a more hard-working, caring representative who has proposed legislation that would provide for more money from the state for victims of the Lower North Fork Fire, served on the commission that attempted to review what happened with that fire and make recommendations for improvements so it didn't happen again, and publicly chewed out her fellow representatives on multiple occasions when they blatantly dropped the ball on that effort.

She's helped this community directly, and for many years. Did you know she used to organize the Christmas in Conifer parade? She shows up for Town Hall Meetings and takes questions and comments from her constituents, and has attended every public Lower North Fork Fire public presentation.

I would be proud to vote for her and have her continue to serve us.

Sorry, back on topic. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Feb 2013 09:00 #29 by Grady

Science Chic wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: I sure am looking forward to replacing Gerou with a REAL Democrat in the near future... :biggrin: She's not as odious as some of the past righties, but we can do better...

I respectfully disagree that we can do better, but that's my personal opinion. I may not agree with many of her votes and stances, but in an era when we all complain that our representatives don't represent us, don't work for us, and don't care about us, Cheri Gerou shatters that stereotype. I've not seen a more hard-working, caring representative who has proposed legislation that would provide for more money from the state for victims of the Lower North Fork Fire, served on the commission that attempted to review what happened with that fire and make recommendations for improvements so it didn't happen again, and publicly chewed out her fellow representatives on multiple occasions when they blatantly dropped the ball on that effort.

She's helped this community directly, and for many years. Did you know she used to organize the Christmas in Conifer parade? She shows up for Town Hall Meetings and takes questions and comments from her constituents, and has attended every public Lower North Fork Fire public presentation.

I would be proud to vote for her and have her continue to serve us.

Sorry, back on topic. :)

She is term limited, but likely will run for State Senate.

19 Feb 2013 09:05 #30 by RenegadeCJ

FredHayek wrote: On a lighter now, you have Rep. Salazar(D) saying that women can't be trusted with guns and should use whistles instead.

Well of course. Women can't be trusted with guns. They are too emotional and may just randomly "pop off" a few rounds because their tiny emotional brains are scared. Rep Salazar says so!!

Where are the women on this board, and in this state...and why aren't they crucifying this idiot. If a rep said this, they would be politically ruined (as they should be)

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds