Gun debate spurs DEATH threats at Colorado Capitol

18 Feb 2013 12:14 #11 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: And of course Grady leaves out "the rest of the story".

from the same link:
Rep. Cheri Gerou (R-Evergreen) accuses the lobbyist of threatening her with political attack ads through a mail campaign after a heated exchange about upcoming votes on gun issues, which would violate ethics rules.

so she says

10 - 1 She won't file the ethics charge against the lobbyist because that isn't what the witnesses to the event heard.

Grady wrote: after she told him to F&^ off.[/b]

So he says....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2013 13:18 #12 by jf1acai

LadyJazzer wrote: So he says....

From referenced article:

"I won't use the language she did," Neville told 9NEWS. "But she told me to f--- off."

Gerou freely admits to using the F-bomb, frustrated that RMGO (a pro-gun group that takes a more conservative stance on guns than the NRA does) would fan the flames of an already hot debate.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

18 Feb 2013 13:21 #13 by Grady

jf1acai wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: So he says....

From referenced article:

"I won't use the language she did," Neville told 9NEWS. "But she told me to f--- off."

Gerou freely admits to using the F-bomb, frustrated that RMGO (a pro-gun group that takes a more conservative stance on guns than the NRA does) would fan the flames of an already hot debate.

:like:
Gerou freely admits to using the F-bomb,

18 Feb 2013 13:29 #14 by LadyJazzer
Oh, you mean after he THREATENED HER with political attack ads through a mail campaign after a heated exchange about upcoming votes on gun issues, which would violate ethics rules.

Yeah...I can see that... I would have used the F-bomb on the moron long before she did... On the other hand, HE was the one who got thrown out, and may still face charges of ethical violations... How nice that they "provided him with a copy of the ethics rules prohibiting political retribution" on his way out the door.

Stay classy there, NRA/RMGA wackos....

:like:

I sure am looking forward to replacing Gerou with a REAL Democrat in the near future... :biggrin: She's not as odious as some of the past righties, but we can do better... And then the NRA/RMGA guys can take a hike, at least for the seat she currently occupies.

18 Feb 2013 13:40 #15 by Grady
The article doesn't say which came first the F bomb or the attack ad threat, only that is was a "heated" discussion. But you certainly can make your own assumptions and declare then as fact. :swirl:

18 Feb 2013 14:01 #16 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote: The article doesn't say which came first the F bomb or the attack ad threat...

It doesn't need to. This wacko lobbyist threatened her; she responded; he was thrown out. Sounds good to me.

Maybe one day these wacko NRA/RMGA lobbyists will figure out what: "violates the law" means. It doesn't change the FACTS of the recorded DEATH THREATS on members of the Colorado Legislature, does it?...No matter how much you try to deflect.

If you want a lesson in "made up facts", see the thread on "Bear Bombers OVER GUAM"...("equipped with nuclear-tipped cruise missiles"...) I got yer "made-up facts" right here...

18 Feb 2013 15:19 #17 by Something the Dog Said
COLORADO REVISED STATUTES

*** This document reflects changes current through all laws passed
at the Second Regular and First Extraordinary Sessions
of the Sixty-Eighth General Assembly of the State of Colorado 2012
and Constitutional and Statutory amendments approved at the General Election on November 6, 2012 ***

TITLE 24. GOVERNMENT - STATE
ADMINISTRATION
ARTICLE 6. COLORADO SUNSHINE LAW
PART 3. REGULATION OF LOBBYISTS

C.R.S. 24-6-308 (2012)

24-6-308. Prohibited practices

(1) No person engaged in lobbying shall:

(a) Make any agreement under which any consideration is to be given, transferred, or paid to any person contingent upon the passage or defeat of any legislation; the making or defeat of any rule, standard, or rate by any state agency; or the approval or veto of any legislation by the governor of this state;

(b) Knowingly attempt to deceive, or make a false statement to, a covered official regarding any material fact relating to a matter that is within the scope of duties of the covered official;

(c) Conceal from a covered official the identity of the person or entity for whom the lobbyist is lobbying;

(d) Knowingly use a fictitious name, or a real name without the consent of the person whose name is used, to communicate with a covered official;

(e) Knowingly represent an interest adverse to the lobbyist's principal without first obtaining the consent of the principal after full disclosure by the lobbyist of the adverse interest;

(f) Make any form of payment to a covered official as compensation for any interest in real or personal property or the provision of services in excess of the amount of compensation that would be paid by a person who is not a lobbyist for such interest or services in the ordinary course of business;

(g) Make a loan to a covered official or engage in any other transaction with a covered official with the intention of making the covered official personally obligated to the lobbyist;

(h) Attempt to influence the vote of a covered official in connection with any pending matter by threat of a political reprisal, including without limitation the promise of financial support of, or opposition to, the covered official's candidacy at any future election;

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

18 Feb 2013 15:31 #18 by RenegadeCJ

Something the Dog Said wrote:
(h) Attempt to influence the vote of a covered official in connection with any pending matter by threat of a political reprisal, including without limitation the promise of financial support of, or opposition to, the covered official's candidacy at any future election;

That is hilarious. This is what lobbyist's do. Unions, lobbyists, special interests, etc do this all the time. Of course you try to influence their vote by telling them if they vote a certain way you will vote them out of office!!

This is why politicians should only be able to serve one or two terms. Blatant corruption.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

18 Feb 2013 15:51 #19 by Something the Dog Said
Obviously the lobbyist for the extremist gun lobby thought so too. However, registered lobbyists are expressly forbidden to do anything other than educate the representative. Any threats, promises, contributions can not be made directly. The days of slipping envelopes of money to the representative on the floor are prohibited.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

18 Feb 2013 16:05 #20 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote:

Grady wrote: The article doesn't say which came first the F bomb or the attack ad threat...

It doesn't need to. This wacko lobbyist threatened her; she responded; he was thrown out. Sounds good to me.

Of course it would, because it fits your view of any gun lobbyist, actually likely any lobbyist with whom you disagree. However there is no indication that the timeline you celebrate is in any way accurate.

BTW Joe Neville the RMGO lobbyist was back in the capitol the very next day.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds