Gun debate spurs DEATH threats at Colorado Capitol

16 Feb 2013 10:25 #1 by LadyJazzer
This is so good, it deserves its own thread:

Gun debate spurs DEATH threats at Colorado Capitol (VIDEO)

DENVER - The debate over gun policy is cranking up tension at the state capitol. Several Democrats in the State House of Representatives say they've received death threats this week.

One was on a voicemail for Democrat Joe Salazar of Thornton, who shared the aggressive message with 9NEWS.

The caller starts out by calling Salazar a "f-ing fascist." The voicemail message continues, "You want to outlaw magazines? Come and f---ing take them. You willing to kill the f---ing outlaw magazines, because you will f---ing die."

Listen to voicemail

And the Capitol Police had to throw out a lobbyist from the "Rocky Mountain Gun Owner's Association" for threatening a REPUBLICAN lawmaker on the floor!! (Rep. Cheri Gerou (R-Evergreen)) Wow... She's MY State-Rep... (I keep voting against her; and I think we might actually put in a Dem from Evergreen/Conifer in the near future!)

Wow... Jus' keepin' it classy there, gun-nuts...

And....PLEASE Jus' keep doin' what yer doin'...... :thumbsup: :pop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2013 09:23 #2 by FredHayek
Wayne LaPierre and his family have received death threats too. OMIGOD gun banners have a wacky fringe too.

I prefer to send checks and support to the people willing to run against the gun grabbers.

BTW, money bomb this Monday for the NRA-ILA, please support our 2nd Amendment rights.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Feb 2013 10:36 #3 by deltamrey
Peaceful demonstrations are effective...King and Gandhi did change the world. I do mean Second supporters.....not pacifists that in the long term kill massively. Let us recall we de facto killed about 10 Million Cambodians and Viets when we ran from that war. They were butchered by the Chicoms and Russians......not rice paddy farmers in Hanoi. Protect the Second.

17 Feb 2013 17:28 #4 by 2wlady
I'd like to know how many death threats these legislators have had on other issues and what those issue were, as well. Then maybe there will be a little more perspective as to these death threats.

17 Feb 2013 17:54 #5 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Wayne LaPierre and his family have received death threats too.

"They did it too..."

You have a link for that, of course... (Besides LaPierre just saying "We've received death threats."....)

LaPierre and his family are not state legislators, or members of any governing body. He is a lunatic who has one purpose: Sell as much ammo and as many guns as he can for the gun-lobby. It doesn't surprise me that people who have witnessed enough mass-murders in the last 5 years to fill a stadium might feel a little hostile.

"Anecdotal"... Let me know when you have some proof.

18 Feb 2013 07:43 #6 by FredHayek
Lunatic? Really? Typical over the top name calling.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Feb 2013 09:25 #7 by bailey bud
They're out there....... ON BOTH SIDES

[youtube:9fmwtl7e]
[/youtube:9fmwtl7e]

18 Feb 2013 11:35 #8 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote:
And the Capitol Police had to throw out a lobbyist from the "Rocky Mountain Gun Owner's Association" for threatening a REPUBLICAN lawmaker on the floor!! (Rep. Cheri Gerou (R-Evergreen))

As Paul Harvey would say, here is the rest of the story.
The RMGO lobbyist threatened Gerou with more emails after she told him to F&^ off. Gerou was PO'd because she kept getting calls from other Republicans questioning he stance on the gun bills. Since when is it a threat to tell your state representative they are going to receive more emails on a particular subject?
Let the truth ring out.

18 Feb 2013 11:43 #9 by Something the Dog Said
And of course Grady leaves out "the rest of the story".

from the same link:
Rep. Cheri Gerou (R-Evergreen) accuses the lobbyist of threatening her with political attack ads through a mail campaign after a heated exchange about upcoming votes on gun issues, which would violate ethics rules.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

18 Feb 2013 12:01 #10 by Grady

Something the Dog Said wrote: And of course Grady leaves out "the rest of the story".

from the same link:
Rep. Cheri Gerou (R-Evergreen) accuses the lobbyist of threatening her with political attack ads through a mail campaign after a heated exchange about upcoming votes on gun issues, which would violate ethics rules.

so she says

10 - 1 She won't file the ethics charge against the lobbyist because that isn't what the witnesses to the event heard.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds