Gun debate spurs DEATH threats at Colorado Capitol

19 Feb 2013 09:07 #31 by netdude

Science Chic wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: I sure am looking forward to replacing Gerou with a REAL Democrat in the near future... :biggrin: She's not as odious as some of the past righties, but we can do better...

I respectfully disagree that we can do better, but that's my personal opinion. I may not agree with many of her votes and stances, but in an era when we all complain that our representatives don't represent us, don't work for us, and don't care about us, Cheri Gerou shatters that stereotype. I've not seen a more hard-working, caring representative who has proposed legislation that would provide for more money from the state for victims of the Lower North Fork Fire, served on the commission that attempted to review what happened with that fire and make recommendations for improvements so it didn't happen again, and publicly chewed out her fellow representatives on multiple occasions when they blatantly dropped the ball on that effort.

She's helped this community directly, and for many years. Did you know she used to organize the Christmas in Conifer parade? She shows up for Town Hall Meetings and takes questions and comments from her constituents, and has attended every public Lower North Fork Fire public presentation.

I would be proud to vote for her and have her continue to serve us.

Sorry, back on topic. :)

Having had personal interaction with Cheri, and having got to see her work, I would vote for her.... probably one of the few R's that actually try to help ALL of her constituents.... she is a true 'serve the community' individual....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2013 23:49 #32 by LadyJazzer
Weellllllll.... Looks like they just arrested one of the neanderthals that was stupid enough to threaten a member of the Colorado Legislature enough times to get caught:

Fox31 was the first to report that Franklin Sain, a 42-year-old Colorado Springs man, was arrested for making threats against Rep. Rhonda Fields (D-Aurora), the sponsor of two of the four controversial gun measures that passed the state House last week.

Sain is accused of harassing Rep. Fields in emails and in a voicemail and is also charged with attempting to influence a public official, The Denver Post reports.

“I am grateful for the prompt work of the Colorado State Patrol in bringing this suspect to justice," Fields said in a statement. "I also thank the Denver Police Department, which was instrumental in the investigation. I will not be deterred by threats.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/2 ... 60325.html

:love2: :jump: :like: :thumbsup:

Then, of course, we have the recording of the threat made against Salazar from last week...

:VeryScared:

26 Feb 2013 05:45 #33 by FredHayek
What an idiot. It is in your rights to tell politicians that you don't agree with their votes but don't threaten them and their children.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds