Breaking: Old School Filibuster

07 Mar 2013 08:20 #21 by LadyJazzer
The point was to draw attention to himself, and get as much attention as possible, create as much "theater" as possible. You're right...Mission accomplished.

What's next?... Filibuster Big-Bird?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2013 10:58 #22 by LadyJazzer

John McCain: Rand Paul's Stunt 'Simply False'

McCain, a former Vietnam prisoner of war, was not impressed.

Quoting extensively from a Wall Street Journal editorial that mocked Paul, McCain also argued that Paul had belittled the growing use of drones to kill terrorism suspects by invoking the name of Jane Fonda and suggesting a drone could have killed her when she was a Vietnam War protester.

"I watched some of that, quote, debate, unquote, yesterday," McCain said. "I saw colleagues who know better come to the floor and voice some of this same concern, which is totally unfounded.

"I must say that the use of Jane Fonda's name does evoke certain memories with me, and I must say that she is not my favorite American. But I also believe that, as odious as it was, Ms. Fonda acted within her constitutional rights, and to somehow say that someone who disagrees with American policy -- and even may demonstrate against it -- is somehow a member of an organization which makes that individual an enemy combatant is simply false," McCain said, hitting his lectern for emphasis. "It is simply false."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/0 ... 29358.html

Dang... Can't even fool John McCain...

(Insert standard 'McCain is now a RINO' deflection here: ________________________________)

07 Mar 2013 11:39 #23 by LadyJazzer

Lindsey Graham: John Brennan Has His Vote For CIA Director Because Of Rand Paul Filibuster

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Thursday he would vote for CIA director nominee John Brennan because Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) filibustered his appointment over questions about the administration's drone program.

"I was going to vote against him until the filibuster, so he picked up one vote," Graham said, laughing to reporters in the Capitol.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/0 ... f=politics

Good going, Paul !!! You flipped at least one vote!!! Now, if we can just get him to filibuster AGAINST the budget, AGAINST gun-control laws; AGAINST the sequester, think of how many MORE votes we can pick up!!!!

PLEASE!....Jus' keep doin' what yer doin' !!!!!

(Insert standard 'Graham is now a RINO' deflection here: ________________________________)

07 Mar 2013 11:45 #24 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote:

Lindsey Graham: John Brennan Has His Vote For CIA Director Because Of Rand Paul Filibuster

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Thursday he would vote for CIA director nominee John Brennan because Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) filibustered his appointment over questions about the administration's drone program.

"I was going to vote against him until the filibuster, so he picked up one vote," Graham said, laughing to reporters in the Capitol.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/0 ... f=politics

Good going, Paul !!! You flipped at least one vote!!! Now, if we can just get him to filibuster AGAINST the budget, AGAINST gun-control laws; AGAINST the sequester, think of how many MORE votes we can pick up!!!!

PLEASE!....Jus' keep doin' what yer doin' !!!!!

(Insert standard 'Graham is now a RINO' deflection here: ________________________________)

:smackshead: Doesn't knowing the old GOP guard like Graham & McCain support Obama's policies make you question Obama & Holder's decision?

And don't you worry about a President like "W" having those powers?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Mar 2013 11:48 - 07 Mar 2013 13:01 #25 by LadyJazzer
This isn't about "the old guard supporting Obama's policies"... :lol: This is about people who are SANE realizing that the wackos and crazies are trying to take over the asylum, and ruining the credibility of the Party... :lol: You are one of the ones that can get hit in the head with an ACORN, and deduce that "The Sky is Falling!"

07 Mar 2013 12:51 #26 by LadyJazzer

During his daily briefing, Carney read aloud a short letter that went out Thursday afternoon from U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who waged a 13-hour filibuster on Wednesday over Obama's secret use of drones to carry out targeted killings.

"It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: 'Does the president have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?,'" Carney read aloud. "The answer to that question is no."

Wow... After 13-hours of bloviating, and embarrassing the rest of the party, here's the answer:

"NO"

And the Republican "brand" continues to sink in the sunset....

07 Mar 2013 13:41 #27 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote:

John McCain: Rand Paul's Stunt 'Simply False'

McCain, a former Vietnam prisoner of war, was not impressed.

[snip]

Dang... Can't even fool John McCain...

(Insert standard 'McCain is now a RINO' deflection here: ________________________________)

Big deal... McCain wasn't impressed... but it appears that the Obama administration was...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BExpU2dCYAA2vbD.jpg:large

Dated today... from the Obama Justice Department

(Insert standard "The Obama administration really doesn't mean this' : ________________________________)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

07 Mar 2013 14:03 #28 by LadyJazzer

LadyJazzer wrote: The Senate wasn't doing anything anyway...And Boehner's recessed the House again so he can go work on his golf-tan.

And when the dust settles, and the usual obstructionists have talked themselves out, the same that happened with the Hagel nomination will happen here; and Brennan will be confirmed, and the only thing that will have happened, is the GOTP will look stupid...again...and will have wasted more time that they could have been working on a solution to MORE JOBS, and to cut the sequester...And the Dems will have won....again....

Oh, Please, Sen. Paul....Jus' keep it up....

Breaking: US Senate confirms John Brennan as CIA Director by a vote of 63-34.

07 Mar 2013 14:08 #29 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Breaking: Old School Filibuster
Could have saved a lot of grief if he could have said that 6 weeks ago when he was asked the first time.

07 Mar 2013 14:09 #30 by LadyJazzer
He wasn't asked that 6 weeks ago... They didn't know that information to ask the question 6 weeks ago.

"It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question:..."

But thanks for playing.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds