Breaking: Old School Filibuster

06 Mar 2013 13:58 #1 by FredHayek
Rand Paul is filibustering the Brennan CIA nomination the old fashioned way by talking it out.

The libertarian Republican seems to have an issue with the drone war. I am still undecided about drone usage overseas, but it is fun to see it the old way. Last time I looked it was still on C-Span.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2013 14:01 #2 by archer
Filibusters should always be done that way.....

06 Mar 2013 17:00 #3 by Rick

archer wrote: Filibusters should always be done that way.....

Even if it shines a light on the Obama administration's hypocrisy and policies that go against the Constitution?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Mar 2013 17:06 #4 by archer

Rick wrote:

Even if it shines a light on the Obama administration's hypocrisy and policies that go against the Constitution?

Why can't you take a statement for what it is? I didn't say anything about Obama, or the constitution....I made a statement, and yes I think filibusters should always be done this way, no matter the circumstances.....I have never liked the idea of a filibuster by threat rather than by action. And yes Rick....even when it was democrats doing it....

BTW, your attitude lately sucks. JMHO.

06 Mar 2013 17:24 #5 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

Why can't you take a statement for what it is? I didn't say anything about Obama, or the constitution....I made a statement, and yes I think filibusters should always be done this way, no matter the circumstances.....I have never liked the idea of a filibuster by threat rather than by action. And yes Rick....even when it was democrats doing it....

Sorry about my attitude, it's just the BS I see in Washington lately that's pushing my blood pressure. I'll try to be better, but I won't be quiet about what's going on.
'

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Mar 2013 17:32 #6 by archer

Rick wrote:

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

Sorry about my attitude, it's just the BS I see in Washington lately that's pushing my blood pressure. I'll try to be better, but I won't be quiet about what's going on.
'

I know, Washington has become a vast wasteland, devoid of common sense and any kind of work ethic or concern for the good of the country. And before you ask, yes democrats and republicans are equally responsible for the lack of any reasonable efforts coming out of Washington.

06 Mar 2013 17:40 #7 by chickaree

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

'

I know, Washington has become a vast wasteland, devoid of common sense and any kind of work ethic or concern for the good of the country. And before you ask, yes democrats and republicans are equally responsible for the lack of any reasonable efforts coming out of Washington.

I agree. It's disgusting.

06 Mar 2013 18:52 #8 by FredHayek
9 hours so far. Going for Strom Thurmond's record?

06 Mar 2013 18:55 #9 by LadyJazzer
The Senate wasn't doing anything anyway...And Boehner's recessed the House again so he can go work on his golf-tan.

And when the dust settles, and the usual obstructionists have talked themselves out, the same that happened with the Hagel nomination will happen here; and Brennan will be confirmed, and the only think that will have happened, is the GOTP will look stupid...again...and will have wasted more time that they could have been working on a solution to MORE JOBS, and to cut the sequester...And the Dems will have won....again....

Oh, Please, Sen. Paul....Jus' keep it up....

06 Mar 2013 19:45 #10 by FredHayek
The ACLU supports Rand's stance on drones! #standwithrand on twitter. John Cuzack super liberal supports Paul over Obama's drone use. 10 hours now and no teleprompter!

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds