Jail vs. New Communication Building

09 Aug 2010 05:45 #21 by Let the Wildlife run PC

shilohloki wrote: I say, if you can't afford it right now, wheel that modular inside the jail sallyport gates and park it back with the evidence trailer. Supposedly a secure area - problem (temporarily) solved!
Then wait until it's within your budget to do an upgrade.

Common sense is something the SO or Tighe doesn't have. Shilo, this is an awesome idea!!! Even to buy a new modular, put it in back of the Jail would be the "common sense" idea!!! And a lot less than the $2.5 million!! :Slpfigh:

But you know what, we're never going to have any say-so on it. Why in the heck aren't we included in this outrageous expenditure?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Aug 2010 05:57 #22 by justcheckin
good idea...however I think there would be code issues; i.e. parking has to increase, building set backs, etc. What about the vacant lot in front of the SO?

09 Aug 2010 06:23 #23 by Let the Wildlife run PC
ANY idea is better than the one at hand!!! We've seen Tighe at a lot of the "meetings", and as soon as the "Jail" is questioned or even brought up, he litterally runs out of the room. Even Dowaliby stated that "he" wants different bids, and different idea's for the communications center, but that he's up against a wall with his superiors and has no say-so. :bash

09 Aug 2010 06:30 #24 by Let the Wildlife run PC
There REALLY needs to be a "recall" done on our Commissioners. They are NOT thinking about US, everything is for their own selfish needs no matter how broke we go!! Kinda like a twenty something year old with their first credit card. They give you an outrageous card limit, they charge it FULL, even though they knew they couldn't pay it back, then later needing to file for bankruptcy......but they sure had fun charging it to it's limit... It's almost like we have a bunch of immature boys having a blast with our money, shopping and spending way over their limit, instead of running a County Government.

09 Aug 2010 07:10 #25 by navycpo7
If I remember right, (could be wrong), a request could be sent to state AG to investigate this bid, the commissioners on this Comm Ctr. Not sure if they would do it, but it sounds almost like they took one bid, from a friend or family member, without doing it the way the book says it is suppose to be done. There is no way a project like this did not have mutiple bids placed.

09 Aug 2010 07:56 #26 by mama bear
Bid Title: Park County 911 Communications Center
Category: Park County Bids and Request for Qualifications (RFQ)

Description:
The BOARD OF PARK COUNTY COMMISSIONERS located in Fairplay, Colorado invites statements of qualifications for general construction services from selected firms to submit competitive bids to perform the duties of the general contractor to construct the new PARK COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER.

Project
The construction of the new PARK COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER that meets all local codes and requirements the Board of Park County Commissioners of Park County Colorado.

Bley Associates, Architects/Planners, Inc have prepared construction documents for the new Park County Communications Center to be located on a one acre hill site accessed from Castello Ave in the Town of Fairplay Colorado. The project consists of a single level, noncombustible type 2B, B occupancy, 2006 International Building Code, 8550 SF building. The building is to provide exterior and internal security for staff to work in the combination 911 dispatch, IT Data Center, and EOC Emergency Center facility with limited public access. The scope of work shall include, but is not limited to the following:
on site parking; landscaping and site drainage, a secured tower utility court for operational equipment; dirtwork, utility services, drainage structures, paving and site features, xeriscape irrigated plantings and rock landscaping; lightweight load bearing cmu/cavity insulated/brick veneer exterior wall construction, steel post and beam framing system, and insulated standing seam metal roof; light gauge metal stud framing, drywall portioning, painting, acoustical and gypsum board ceilings, prebuilt cabinets, casework, millwork, and floor and special wall finishes; zoned HVAC units, computer room air conditioning; building plumbing for locker/public restrooms and break rooms; automatic wet fire sprinkler system including provisions for a dry clean suppressions system for the data center and a preaction delay system for the dispatch center; electrical provisions for power, lighting, low voltage life safety (FSD), communications security systems, emergency power generator, backup UPS, systems wiring for 911 Dispatch area, IT Data, and Emergency Operations Center.

Schedule
The schedule for the selection process is as follows:

* July 15 Request for Qualifications available here, or hard copies available from Sandy Berryman at Park County Administrative Offices at 501 Main Street, Fairplay, Colorado
* July 26 Letters and Statements of Qualifications due.
* August 2 Short list of firms selected to submit bids notified by telephone and mail
* August 2 Letters mailed to firms not short-listed along with names of selected
* bidders
* August 16 Bid documents available to be picked up by bidders
* August 23 Pre-bid conference at 1:00 P.M. at Park County fairgrounds building
* Sept. 2 Bids Due at 1:00 PM-Opened in public
* Sept. 9 Bids evaluated and selection of general contractor.
* Sept. 16 Contract negotiations and executed.
* October 4 Construction starts on or before

Publication Date/Time:
7/14/2010 12:00 AM
Closing Date/Time:
Open Until Contracted
Related Documents:
General Contractors Request for Qualifications

HERE'S THE WEBSITE ADDY: www.parkco.us/bids.aspx

09 Aug 2010 08:25 #27 by Let the Wildlife run PC

navycpo7 wrote: If I remember right, (could be wrong), a request could be sent to state AG to investigate this bid, the commissioners on this Comm Ctr.

Navy, are you sure it would be the Colorado Department of Agriculture? Or did I mis-understand the "AG" thing?

09 Aug 2010 08:27 #28 by shilohloki

navycpo7 wrote: If I remember right, (could be wrong), a request could be sent to state AG to investigate this bid, the commissioners on this Comm Ctr. Not sure if they would do it, but it sounds almost like they took one bid, from a friend or family member, without doing it the way the book says it is suppose to be done. There is no way a project like this did not have mutiple bids placed.

At least we can agree on this right? :wink:
Does seem very odd to me, especially in this economy with folks needing work, that no one else put in a bid.
Perhaps with your knowledge in this field, can you tell us what sort of building you would build if it were up to you? I agree they don't need a super-high-security thing, but it does need to be secure nonetheless.

09 Aug 2010 08:57 #29 by Renaud

4evryoung wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: If I remember right, (could be wrong), a request could be sent to state AG to investigate this bid, the commissioners on this Comm Ctr.

Navy, are you sure it would be the Colorado Department of Agriculture? Or did I mis-understand the "AG" thing?

Attorney General?

"Could" means that someone has to do it!

09 Aug 2010 09:08 #30 by Renaud

navycpo7 wrote: If I remember right, (could be wrong), a request could be sent to state AG to investigate this bid, the commissioners on this Comm Ctr. Not sure if they would do it, but it sounds almost like they took one bid, from a friend or family member, without doing it the way the book says it is suppose to be done. There is no way a project like this did not have mutiple bids placed.

How about the county, for once letting us ignorant tax payers footing the bill see those bids?

It could be that our county uses the unpublished version of the book, In this type of situation The best way to quash rumors is to show all of the details to the public.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds