Lois Lerner - Top IRS official will invoke 5th Amendment

26 May 2013 17:49 #22 by Soulshiner
I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/p ... 7779.shtml

Pretty amazing, isn't it? All of this shredding started with a guy with an r after his name and none of the right had a problem with it then...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2013 18:21 #23 by Blazer Bob

Soulshiner wrote: I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Pretty amazing, isn't it? All of this shredding started with a guy with an r after his name and none of the right had a problem with it then...

So you admit that Obama is shredding the constitution?

26 May 2013 22:40 #24 by Mary Scott

Soulshiner wrote: I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

The report that Bush "screamed" those words at Republican congressional leaders in November 2005 is unsubstantiated, to put it charitably.

We judge that the odds that the report is accurate hover near zero. It comes from Capitol Hill Blue, a Web site that has a history of relying on phony sources, retracting stories and apologizing to its readers.

Update, Feb. 21, 2011: The author of the Capitol Hill Blue story has now withdrawn it. Doug Thompson messaged us to say:

Doug Thompson: This is to let you know that the piece on Bush and the Constitution has been changed and reads:

"This article was based on sources that we thought, at the time, were reliable. We have since discovered reasons to doubt their veracity. For that reason, this article has been removed from our database."

I no longer stand behind that article or its conclusions and have said so in answers to several recent queries. In addition, I have asked that it be removed from a documentary film.

Thompson elaborated on what led him to retract his story in an item posted on his website Jan. 1, 2011. He also noted that an earlier article, in which he had referred to Bush as a "madman," has been removed from the site entirely.

http://www.factcheck.org/2007/12/bush-t ... -of-paper/

26 May 2013 23:45 #25 by Blazer Bob
So? That does not change the point that Soulshiner seems to think that it would justify this administrations actions. Have they no respect for the constitution if a democrat is the one shredding it?

Soulshiner, at the time of Watergate I thought and said that Nixon should have been stood up against a wall and shot for treason. What do your principals say?

Mary Scott wrote:

The report that Bush "screamed" those words at Republican congressional leaders in November 2005 is unsubstantiated, to put it charitably.

We judge that the odds that the report is accurate hover near zero. It comes from Capitol Hill Blue, a Web site that has a history of relying on phony sources, retracting stories and apologizing to its readers.

Update, Feb. 21, 2011: The author of the Capitol Hill Blue story has now withdrawn it. Doug Thompson messaged us to say:

Doug Thompson: This is to let you know that the piece on Bush and the Constitution has been changed and reads:

"This article was based on sources that we thought, at the time, were reliable. We have since discovered reasons to doubt their veracity. For that reason, this article has been removed from our database."

I no longer stand behind that article or its conclusions and have said so in answers to several recent queries. In addition, I have asked that it be removed from a documentary film.

Thompson elaborated on what led him to retract his story in an item posted on his website Jan. 1, 2011. He also noted that an earlier article, in which he had referred to Bush as a "madman," has been removed from the site entirely.

http://www.factcheck.org/2007/12/bush-t ... -of-paper/

27 May 2013 07:29 #26 by FredHayek
Looks like we need a "Burn" smiley...

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 May 2013 08:39 #27 by Reverend Revelant

:rofllol :rofllol :rofllol

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

27 May 2013 08:41 #28 by Reverend Revelant

Mary Scott wrote:
[snip]

[snip]

Good catch :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

27 May 2013 09:05 #29 by Nobody that matters

Soulshiner wrote: I don't give a ...

Now that your "Bush did it first" argument has proven to be a load of crap, would you care to peel your lips off Obama's ass long enough to defend this current administration without deflection?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

27 May 2013 15:35 #30 by Jekyll

Nobody that matters wrote:

Soulshiner wrote: I don't give a ...

Now that your "Bush did it first" argument has proven to be a load of crap, would you care to peel your lips off Obama's ass long enough to defend this current administration without deflection?

:like:

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds