Obama has killed more US citizens than foreigners... ?

22 May 2013 16:46 #1 by Reverend Revelant
Irony

#fact Obama has killed more US citizens than foreigners waterboarded under Bush

— Greg Pollowitz (@GPollowitz) May 22, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us/us ... -bna&_r=1&

Discuss among yourselves.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2013 18:25 #2 by Photo-fish
Drone-gate? (froth-froth-gnash-gnash)
So would you rather wait until they are back on US soil and ready to strike before they are taken out?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 May 2013 18:29 #3 by Rick

Photo-fish wrote: Drone-gate? (froth-froth-gnash-gnash)
So would you rather wait until they are back on US soil and ready to strike before they are taken out?

I think it's more about highlighting the hypocrisy of the "torture" outrage on the left. In one senario we were able to get necessary intel to get Bin Laden, in the other senario, no intel was possible and waterboarding was replaced with death.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 May 2013 18:37 #4 by archer

Rick wrote:

I think it's more about highlighting the hypocrisy of the "torture" outrage on the left. In one senario we were able to get necessary intel to get Bin Laden, in the other senario, no intel was possible and waterboarding was replaced with death.

Why isn't the GOP celebrating these drone attacks, it must be much cheaper to kill a terrorist with a drone attack then to hunt him down and capture or kill him with a Navy SEAL team. Isn't it all about the cost?

22 May 2013 18:44 #5 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

Why isn't the GOP celebrating these drone attacks, it must be much cheaper to kill a terrorist with a drone attack then to hunt him down and capture or kill him with a Navy SEAL team. Isn't it all about the cost?

Intel is worth more than a "we killed Bin Laden" celebration.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 May 2013 19:39 #6 by Photo-fish
What ever happened to all the hard drives and that other Intel from OBL's compound?
I never thought intel gained from torture should be relied on that much. I don't have a problem with a drone strike over sending in troops if the intel payoff is minimal. But it's not really about torture, but about the killing of americans (small a) that have directly plotted against us. The other one learned that you shouldn't be hanging out with foreign terrorists. Due process, schmocess. When you take up arms and/or advocate for or assist with planning or actually executing attacks on Americans, you've given up your citizenship and all constitutional rights that went with it.
IMO

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 May 2013 20:26 #7 by FredHayek

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

Actually while there are anti-Obama Republicans who are attacking drones. The more credible opponents of drones are Lefties who love Barack but hate this policy. Quite angry they are and think the administration is being too heavy handed in other countries. Would you like it if Mexico had armed drones destroying the homes of suspected Mexican drug dealers in Colorado?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 May 2013 21:45 #8 by LadyJazzer
Gee, Timothy McVeigh killed 168....

22 May 2013 21:52 #9 by jf1acai

Gee, Timothy McVeigh killed 168....

How is that relevant to the topic of this thread?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

22 May 2013 22:00 #10 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Gee, Timothy McVeigh killed 168....

Give Obama a chance... he'll catch up eventually. I can't wait to see the celebration.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds