SCOTUS DOMA unconstitutional/Prop 8 punted back

26 Jun 2013 09:42 #11 by Reverend Revelant
I don't have any problems with gay marriage, obtaining federal benefits like other people... I'm not bothered (nor against) any of that. What I do have a problems with is the narrow-minded liberals around here that suggest all conservatives are against gay rights. And no... I don't have a sexual-dog in the fight. But I support these rights.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2013 09:51 #12 by FredHayek
Guess who screwed the homosexuals in California? The liberal minorities! The GOP is a minority in California and many of them supported gay nuptials. It was African-Americans & Hipsanics who voted down gay marriage rights in California.

If you want Prop 8 to be gone, let the voters vote for it next year, right? Or do you think the majority liberals will once again shoot it down.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2013 09:52 #13 by Blazer Bob

Walter L Newton wrote: I don't have any problems with gay marriage, obtaining federal benefits like other people... I'm not bothered (nor against) any of that. What I do have a problems with is the narrow-minded liberals around here that suggest all conservatives are against gay rights. And no... I don't have a sexual-dog in the fight. But I support these rights.

Careful, you are threatening left wing stereotypes.

Fill in example of left wing stereotype here_____________________

26 Jun 2013 09:53 #14 by LadyJazzer
Ding Dong Prop-8 is DEAD... Just not your day, is it, Fred?

But you got to use "liberal minorities" in a sentence...

26 Jun 2013 09:53 #15 by archer
I never believed all conservatives were againat gay rights.... I know some conservatives who also support a woman's right to choose. Im just disappointed that so many conservatives who profess to be socially liberal do not carry that conviction into the ballot box. In this country, right now, extreme social conservatism seems to drive the GOP, until conservatives who care about social issues vote those beliefs, the Republican party will not change.

26 Jun 2013 09:58 #16 by FredHayek

archer wrote: I never believed all conservatives were againat gay rights.... I know some conservatives who also support a woman's right to choose. Im just disappointed that so many conservatives who profess to be socially liberal do not carry that conviction into the ballot box. In this country, right now, extreme social conservatism seems to drive the GOP, until conservatives who care about social issues vote those beliefs, the Republican party will not change.

That is only your perception that social conservatives are riding rough over our rights. Abortion is still legal, even in super Red states. Abortion pills are now available without a prescription and at any age. Homosexuals are allowed to marry in more states than ever before. Women are in combat roles. Homosexuals are serving out and proud in the armed forces. I am not seeing a return to the FDR era of segregation and women as stay at home moms.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2013 09:59 #17 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: I never believed all conservatives were against gay rights.... I know some conservatives who also support a woman's right to choose. I'm just disappointed that so many conservatives who profess to be socially liberal do not carry that conviction into the ballot box. In this country, right now, extreme social conservatism seems to drive the GOP, until conservatives who care about social issues vote those beliefs, the Republican party will not change.

First off... if the shoe doesn't fit... don't wear it. But I'm not going to vote a straight left ticket just because I'm socially liberal. That's like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. But you can keep wishing... can't you. Nor I'm I going to waste my vote by going with some stupid third party, or just refuse to vote.

You agree 100% with ALL LIBERALS?

26 Jun 2013 10:00 #18 by Reverend Revelant

FredHayek wrote:

archer wrote: I never believed all conservatives were againat gay rights.... I know some conservatives who also support a woman's right to choose. Im just disappointed that so many conservatives who profess to be socially liberal do not carry that conviction into the ballot box. In this country, right now, extreme social conservatism seems to drive the GOP, until conservatives who care about social issues vote those beliefs, the Republican party will not change.

That is only your perception that social conservatives are riding rough over our rights. Abortion is still legal, even in super Red states. Abortion pills are now available without a prescription and at any age. Homosexuals are allowed to marry in more states than ever before. Women are in combat roles. Homosexuals are serving out and proud in the armed forces. I am not seeing a return to the FDR era of segregation and women as stay at home moms.

Or an era of Democratic black voter suppression.

26 Jun 2013 10:12 #19 by Obam me
Hee hee hee!!!!!!! America formerly the land of the free home of the brave now the land of shemales and home of the spineless. I hope y'all live to see the day this whole thing implodes and the external forces wipe this scourge called the liberal american from the earth.
Truly amazing to see what white trash has done. (and that includes the white trash with $millions in their bank accounts) Yeah this fail cannot be blamed on racial minorities because they actually think like "normal" people. :thumbsup:

26 Jun 2013 10:20 #20 by Reverend Revelant

Im baaaack wrote: Hee hee hee!!!!!!! America formerly the land of the free home of the brave now the land of shemales and home of the spineless. I hope y'all live to see the day this whole thing implodes and the external forces wipe this scourge called the liberal american from the earth.
Truly amazing to see what white trash has done. (and that includes the white trash with $millions in their bank accounts) Yeah this fail cannot be blamed on racial minorities because they actually think like "normal" people. :thumbsup:

And what is it exactly that you have against gay marriage?

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds