CNN's bad news for Obama: 6 of 10 doubt U.S. birth story

05 Aug 2010 10:57 #1 by The Viking
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=187781

Even 36% of Democrats are not sure of where Obama's was born.

And this was a CNN poll. Not some right wing poll. So did we even celebrate his correct birthday the other day? 6 out of 10 are not sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2010 10:59 #2 by The Viking
CNN reported that "Hawaii has released a copy of the president's birth certificate – officially called a 'certificate of live birth.' And in 1961 the hospital where the president was born placed announcements in two Hawaiian newspapers regarding Obama's birth."

However, the online image released by the Obama campaign during his presidential race actually is called a "Certification of Live Birth," and those documents under the rules in the state of Hawaii were available for children not born in the state.

Also, the newspaper notifications were published based on information provided by the state that would have been generated automatically had anyone at that time decided that a United States citizenship was preferable to that of another country and stated that the child was born in Hawaii.

05 Aug 2010 11:30 #3 by AspenValley
You think that's bad news for Obama? I think it's bad news for America that so many people seem willing to believe paranoid rumors.

05 Aug 2010 12:04 #4 by Scruffy
Is there a purpose to this thread or is this another opportunity taken to bash our President? Lots of Americans believe President Bush stole two elections. Are you going to post something about that conspiracy?

Just get over it. He is our President and the issue of a birth certificate is not going to change that fact.

05 Aug 2010 12:15 #5 by netdude
This thread just show just how far some have fallen into the depths wingnut idiocy....

05 Aug 2010 12:16 #6 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote: Is there a purpose to this thread or is this another opportunity taken to bash our President? Lots of Americans believe President Bush stole two elections. Are you going to post something about that conspiracy?

Just get over it. He is our President and the issue of a birth certificate is not going to change that fact.

You guys are so funny and defensive. I was just posting a story and poll that CNN did that came out today. So why are you jumping all over the messenger? Just because 6 our of 10 Americans still are not sure if he was born in the US, which according to the Constitution makes him no longer a legal President if it is found to be true. Maybe you don't know the Constitution but not having a legal birth certificate would change the fact of him being President. Even Dems question it. I still don't know why he locked all records as his first order of business and he won't shoe an actual birth certificate. It would be so easy and stop all of these rumors.

And this has nothing to do with Bush. It is so sad that many of you cannot actually discuss a topic about Obama without throwing Bush into it to try and deflect the facts. So if you want to talk about Bush, start a thread. This is about a poll that CNN did showing the majority of Americans still question his eligibility and he would have to step down if it were true.

05 Aug 2010 12:21 #7 by The Viking

netdude wrote: This thread just show just how far some have fallen into the depths wingnut idiocy....

Really some sad, pathetic, and very unintelligent posts to this thread. So the Idiocy now covers 60% of Americans, 35% of Democrats, and even the liberal CNN? Interesting how you guys hold on to your dream of 'change' with the wingnut you elected and blow off the majority of Americans. You must know better than the majority. I guess that is the liberal mentality though. You are right, no matter what the mojority says, if they disagree with you they are the ones who are wrong. That is why we are where we are today, with this 'wingnut' shoving things down our throat that the majority of us do not want or need.

Birds of a feather flock together. (In this case Dodo birds which will eventually become extinct.)

05 Aug 2010 12:30 #8 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote: Is there a purpose to this thread or is this another opportunity taken to bash our President? Lots of Americans believe President Bush stole two elections. Are you going to post something about that conspiracy?

You guys are so funny and defensive. I was just posting a story and poll that CNN did that came out today. So why are you jumping all over the messenger? Just because 6 our of 10 Americans still are not sure if he was born in the US, which according to the Constitution makes him no longer a legal President if it is found to be true. Maybe you don't know the Constitution but not having a legal birth certificate would change the fact of him being President. Even Dems question it. I still don't know why he locked all records as his first order of business and he won't shoe an actual birth certificate. It would be so easy and stop all of these rumors.

And this has nothing to do with Bush. It is so sad that many of you cannot actually discuss a topic about Obama without throwing Bush into it to try and deflect the facts. So if you want to talk about Bush, start a thread. This is about a poll that CNN did showing the majority of Americans still question his eligibility and he would have to step down if it were true.

I am fairly sure that once a person is sworn in as President, they are then President, regardless of their origin of birth. The Viking, you brought this up - you posted this article here. Why? Will you provide equal opportunity bashing and also post conspiracy links to President Bush's election?

This just confirms my opinion that you will take every opportunity to bash OUR President. Why not get behind him, support him when you think he's right, offer constructive ideas rather than just posting negative attacks every day?

05 Aug 2010 13:15 #9 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

I am fairly sure that once a person is sworn in as President, they are then President, regardless of their origin of birth. The Viking, you brought this up - you posted this article here. Why? Will you provide equal opportunity bashing and also post conspiracy links to President Bush's election?

This just confirms my opinion that you will take every opportunity to bash OUR President. Why not get behind him, support him when you think he's right, offer constructive ideas rather than just posting negative attacks every day?

I will support him when he is right and I have the one time I thought he was. When he sent more troops to Afghanistan. There has been nothing else he has done that I have agreed with.

And why would I post a thread about Bush. Not sure if you know this but he is no longer President and has nothing to do with running this country. Also, you guys had 8 years of your conspiracy theories and posts about many things saying he was not legitimate. Why are you so defensive when the shoe is on the other foot?

And not true that once he is a President, he is our President and there is nothing we can do. It would then be proven that he lied to achieve that office and that what he did was unconstitutional. He could resign, be impeached, or people could refuse to serve under him in the military, and people could sue him fo hamr done to them due to his lie. So it would be all over for him and any legitimacy what so ever. And any Dem who defended him would surely lose their next election.

05 Aug 2010 13:27 #10 by navycpo7

netdude wrote: This thread just show just how far some have fallen into the depths wingnut idiocy....

Funny though, this could have ended all rumors long time ago. Just show the birth certificate, pretty simple, unless there is something to hide. Oh but this Bush's fault too right.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds