CNN's bad news for Obama: 6 of 10 doubt U.S. birth story

05 Aug 2010 13:31 #11 by navycpo7

Scruffy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote: Is there a purpose to this thread or is this another opportunity taken to bash our President? Lots of Americans believe President Bush stole two elections. Are you going to post something about that conspiracy?

Just get over it. He is our President and the issue of a birth certificate is not going to change that fact.

You guys are so funny and defensive. I was just posting a story and poll that CNN did that came out today. So why are you jumping all over the messenger? Just because 6 our of 10 Americans still are not sure if he was born in the US, which according to the Constitution makes him no longer a legal President if it is found to be true. Maybe you don't know the Constitution but not having a legal birth certificate would change the fact of him being President. Even Dems question it. I still don't know why he locked all records as his first order of business and he won't shoe an actual birth certificate. It would be so easy and stop all of these rumors.

And this has nothing to do with Bush. It is so sad that many of you cannot actually discuss a topic about Obama without throwing Bush into it to try and deflect the facts. So if you want to talk about Bush, start a thread. This is about a poll that CNN did showing the majority of Americans still question his eligibility and he would have to step down if it were true.

I am fairly sure that once a person is sworn in as President, they are then President, regardless of their origin of birth. The Viking, you brought this up - you posted this article here. Why? Will you provide equal opportunity bashing and also post conspiracy links to President Bush's election?

This just confirms my opinion that you will take every opportunity to bash OUR President. Why not get behind him, support him when you think he's right, offer constructive ideas rather than just posting negative attacks every day?

I believe that even if sworn in, it is determined that the individual is not native born American by law, then that individual can be removed by law, and then what happens from there happens. Bad part is if that was to happen, (don't think it will) then the VP takes over and which would be worse?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2010 13:32 #12 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote: I am fairly sure that once a person is sworn in as President, they are then President, regardless of their origin of birth. The Viking, you brought this up - you posted this article here. Why? Will you provide equal opportunity bashing and also post conspiracy links to President Bush's election?

This just confirms my opinion that you will take every opportunity to bash OUR President. Why not get behind him, support him when you think he's right, offer constructive ideas rather than just posting negative attacks every day?

So tell me what I should get behind. I don't believe in the stimulus, the bailouts, cash for clunkers, the trillion dollar healthcare bill which the majority of Americans don't want. I don't belieive in suing Arizona to protect illegal immigrants, higher taxes, an out of control deficit, (Which is why I was upset with Bush the final couple years too), ridiculous spending or pet projects, activist judges, bowing to other world leaders, being soft or nations who are a threat to us, ticking off our ally nations, being one of the most anti Israel Presidents in history, the slow response to accepting help for cleaning up the oil which destroyed a lot more of our coast than was necessary, the quick response to the moratorem on drilling. (I was for him when he said he was up for more drilling off the coast, but that didn't last long.)( one of the few things he got right and then he changes his mind on it) So which one of these should I change my mind on when none work and most economists say all will just raise our deficit, raise our expences, raise our taxes and not really create any jobs. Not sure what I am suppose to get all excited about and jump on board about. And I am with the Majority of Americans who are against all of thes things. So I am not some wingnut.

05 Aug 2010 13:37 #13 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote: I am fairly sure that once a person is sworn in as President, they are then President, regardless of their origin of birth. The Viking, you brought this up - you posted this article here. Why? Will you provide equal opportunity bashing and also post conspiracy links to President Bush's election?

So tell me what I should get behind. I don't believe in the stimulus, the bailouts, cash for clunkers, the trillion dollar healthcare bill which the majority of Americans don't want. I don't belieive in suing Arizona to protect illegal immigrants, higher taxes, an out of control deficit, (Which is why I was upset with Bush the final couple years too), ridiculous spending or pet projects, activist judges, bowing to other world leaders, being soft or nations who are a threat to us, ticking off our ally nations, being one of the most anti Israel Presidents in history, the slow response to accepting help for cleaning up the oil which destroyed a lot more of our coast than was necessary, the quick response to the moratorem on drilling. (I was for him when he said he was up for more drilling off the coast, but that didn't last long.)( one of the few things he got right and then he changes his mind on it) So which one of these should I change my mind on when none work and most economists say all will just raise our deficit, raise our expences, raise our taxes and not really create any jobs. Not sure what I am suppose to get all excited about and jump on board about. And I am with the Majority of Americans who are against all of thes things. So I am not some wingnut.

Look, I supported President Bush, I support President Obama. I am not in favor of bashing a President in office just because he is on the opposing side.

For the record, The Viking, I am neither Democrat nor Republican, so quit labeling me "you guys" or "your side," okay? I just cannot stand watching people put down a sitting President simply because they are on the other side. He's OUR PRESIDENT! YOU ARE AN AMERICAN. QUIT WITH THE PETTY NEGATIVE ATTACKS.

I am through with you.

05 Aug 2010 13:38 #14 by Photo-fish

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

05 Aug 2010 13:42 #15 by The Viking

navycpo7 wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote: Is there a purpose to this thread or is this another opportunity taken to bash our President? Lots of Americans believe President Bush stole two elections. Are you going to post something about that conspiracy?

Just get over it. He is our President and the issue of a birth certificate is not going to change that fact.

You guys are so funny and defensive. I was just posting a story and poll that CNN did that came out today. So why are you jumping all over the messenger? Just because 6 our of 10 Americans still are not sure if he was born in the US, which according to the Constitution makes him no longer a legal President if it is found to be true. Maybe you don't know the Constitution but not having a legal birth certificate would change the fact of him being President. Even Dems question it. I still don't know why he locked all records as his first order of business and he won't shoe an actual birth certificate. It would be so easy and stop all of these rumors.

And this has nothing to do with Bush. It is so sad that many of you cannot actually discuss a topic about Obama without throwing Bush into it to try and deflect the facts. So if you want to talk about Bush, start a thread. This is about a poll that CNN did showing the majority of Americans still question his eligibility and he would have to step down if it were true.

I am fairly sure that once a person is sworn in as President, they are then President, regardless of their origin of birth. The Viking, you brought this up - you posted this article here. Why? Will you provide equal opportunity bashing and also post conspiracy links to President Bush's election?

I believe that even if sworn in, it is determined that the individual is not native born American by law, then that individual can be removed by law, and then what happens from there happens. Bad part is if that was to happen, (don't think it will) then the VP takes over and which would be worse?

Good point! Biden may be even more scary! :VeryScared:

Funniest video ever of Biden!

[youtube:2mh7oe3w]
[/youtube:2mh7oe3w]

05 Aug 2010 13:43 #16 by AspenValley

Photo-fish wrote: Twas ever thus....

I disagree. This idea of mercilessly bashing sitting Presidents (as opposed to simply disagreeing with this or that policy of theirs) came about around the time Karl Rove started refining the politics of division. The only President I can think of before that time that came in for the kind of partisan attack we see now was Abraham Lincoln. And look where that led....

05 Aug 2010 13:47 #17 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Look, I supported President Bush, I support President Obama. I am not in favor of bashing a President in office just because he is on the opposing side.

For the record, The Viking, I am neither Democrat nor Republican, so quit labeling me "you guys" or "your side," okay? I just cannot stand watching people put down a sitting President simply because they are on the other side. He's OUR PRESIDENT! YOU ARE AN AMERICAN. QUIT WITH THE PETTY NEGATIVE ATTACKS.

I am through with you.

So you are saying that you don't want to have a voice in the future of America? You are saying that if you don't agree with what they are doing and that if it is destroying America that you should just sit down, shut up and applaude him and support the mistakes? That is not the America I live in. I am not just a 'yes' man who will go along with destroying our great country. You can be if you like, but if there is something you don not agree with, then you should not just ignore it and let them continue without voicing your opinion. You need to stand up and be heard.

And nice way to quit a debate. 'I am through with you'? Really? You are very passive aren't you? You need to keep voicing your opinions. Don't attack me for saying it. How about you tell us what you think about the whole list I posted above. Are you for all of it? If not speak up!

05 Aug 2010 13:50 #18 by The Viking

AspenValley wrote:

I disagree. This idea of mercilessly bashing sitting Presidents (as opposed to simply disagreeing with this or that policy of theirs) came about around the time Karl Rove started refining the politics of division. The only President I can think of before that time that came in for the kind of partisan attack we see now was Abraham Lincoln. And look where that led....

:lol: rofllol I love how you try and spin this on the Bush administration again. You are half right. It started during the Bush administration when the Dems came at the Republicans and Bush with their claws out calling him an illegitimate President after 2000 and it never stopped. So the Dems started the partisan attacks for 8 years and now they are surprised that it is continuing. Give me a break. It is a two way street and you guys cleared the trees and laid the pavement.

05 Aug 2010 14:19 #19 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

I am through with you.

So you are saying that you don't want to have a voice in the future of America? You are saying that if you don't agree with what they are doing and that if it is destroying America that you should just sit down, shut up and applaude him and support the mistakes? That is not the America I live in. I am not just a 'yes' man who will go along with destroying our great country. You can be if you like, but if there is something you don not agree with, then you should not just ignore it and let them continue without voicing your opinion. You need to stand up and be heard.

And nice way to quit a debate. 'I am through with you'? Really? You are very passive aren't you? You need to keep voicing your opinions. Don't attack me for saying it. How about you tell us what you think about the whole list I posted above. Are you for all of it? If not speak up!

Okay, I'll chime in one more time. You can disagree with the President all you want, as that is your right. You can also continue childishly posting negative, petty attacks on our President, just as the left did against President Bush. In all truth, I expect you to continue, since that is your standard M.O. I've been reading here for a while, without posting much, and it seems that is all you do. You find the most trivial, idiotic things you can about the Democrats and then post it with this gloating attitude like "Look, I found another thing wrong with the left" without ever realizing how petty you are.

You say you want debate, but in reality, all you want is to throw mud at the left and see what sticks, waiting for high fives from your conservative friends. If someone here on the left did that with the same ferocity and frequency that you do, I'd call them on it as well. I call em as I see em, The Viking. You, sir, need to grow up and realize that it's not all left and right. We are all Americans and divisive attitude is not the way to bring our country together and out of the mess we are currently in.

05 Aug 2010 14:25 #20 by AspenValley

The Viking wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

:lol: rofllol I love how you try and spin this on the Bush administration again. You are half right. It started during the Bush administration when the Dems came at the Republicans and Bush with their claws out calling him an illegitimate President after 2000 and it never stopped. So the Dems started the partisan attacks for 8 years and now they are surprised that it is continuing. Give me a break. It is a two way street and you guys cleared the trees and laid the pavement.

I never mentioned the Bush administration, I mentioned Karl Rove. And his machinations began long before Bush was a candidate, let alone President. It's clear you have little understanding of how we came to this point. It's very tiresome trying to discuss current and historical events with you when are intensely opinionated but have very little insight into the background of what is being discussed. So tiresome I don't think I'll try again.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds