Perhaps something should change.

08 Jul 2013 18:12 #1 by The Boss
1/3 of Americans don't have the skills to earn enough money to eat!

This is only slightly more than the number of people that work in the private sector.

http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/27001-0001-10.pdf

This is from gvt data.

So the question is......why?

Can you picture 1/3 of your high school class hungry with their hand out. Speaking of high school....

What would be your estimate of the % of people that were home schooled that are on food welfare? Higher or lower than 33% like the rest of us?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2013 18:51 #2 by FredHayek
After 5 years of Obama 1/3 of Americans don't have enough to eat and over 7.5% have been unemployed since inaguration
Day. Worse than the Great Depression.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jul 2013 19:47 #3 by otisptoadwater

FredHayek wrote: After 5 years of Obama 1/3 of Americans don't have enough to eat and over 7.5% have been unemployed since inaguration

Let's not forget, this is what the collective "we" voted for * TWICE*!! Apparently the majority of us want to be wards of the State who only know what the Gubment wants us to know. "We" blindly follow our Emperor no matter what detrimental facts come to the surface.

Speaking of education, isn't it ironic that Barry campaigned the 2nd time on making higher education more accessible to young people and yet he can't get Congress to pass a bill on student loans or much of anything else. I wonder how many of the young people currently in college will change their minds about Barry when the interest rates on their student loans double.

[center:34b3caoj] [/center:34b3caoj]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Jul 2013 20:24 #4 by archer

otisptoadwater wrote:

FredHayek wrote: After 5 years of Obama 1/3 of Americans don't have enough to eat and over 7.5% have been unemployed since inaguration

Let's not forget, this is what the collective "we" voted for * TWICE*!! Apparently the majority of us want to be wards of the State who only know what the Gubment wants us to know. "We" blindly follow our Emperor no matter what detrimental facts come to the surface.

Speaking of education, isn't it ironic that Barry campaigned the 2nd time on making higher education more accessible to young people and yet he can't get Congress to pass a bill on student loans or much of anything else. I wonder how many of the young people currently in college will change their minds about Barry when the interest rates on their student loans double.

I wonder how many young people will ever vote Republican now that they know that the Republican Party has no interest in them or their future. What's ironic is that the GOP tries so hard to point the finger at Obama when all along the young citizens are pointing their collective fingers directly at the cause of the gridlock in the country....the GOP and their Tea Party co-conspirators.

08 Jul 2013 20:53 #5 by otisptoadwater
Five plus years later and the only answers the Obamabots have is it's not Obama's fault...

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Jul 2013 21:01 #6 by FredHayek

archer wrote:

otisptoadwater wrote:

:rofllol You mean like New York City? Dem stronghold? Where 80% of high school graduates have to take remedial courses in college? I think the Republican bastion of Douglas County is doing a better job educating their kids.

Just comparing actual results to talking points Archer.

I wonder how many young people will ever vote Republican now that they know that the Republican Party has no interest in them or their future. What's ironic is that the GOP tries so hard to point the finger at Obama when all along the young citizens are pointing their collective fingers directly at the cause of the gridlock in the country....the GOP and their Tea Party co-conspirators.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jul 2013 21:32 #7 by otisptoadwater
Unlike you archer, I don't think it's funny. Point fingers all you want and try to pass off the blame on the GOP, your guy has been at the helm for five plus years and his second campaign platform was full of empty promises (just like the first one). How about the Jackasses (DEMOCRATS) compromising for once, the gridlock in congress isn't just the GOP's doing. Not that I expect to sway any Obamabot but, Barry said he'd fix so many of the things that are wrong with our country but all he has managed to accomplish is to make things worse at a rate that far exceeds any President in the history of our rapidly declining nation.

What's worse is sheep like you can't read the writing on the wall, you'll willingly walk right in to the slaughter house thinking there's a pot of gold at the end of the livestock chute. Keep handing over your constitutional rights and sucking off the Gubment teat, despite what you believe the Gubment's resources are not unlimited, at some point those who have will be forced to hand it over and eventually there won't be anything left to hand out because there won't be any private resources left to confiscate.

Count down to simultaneous Obamabot refutes from archer and LJ in 3, 2, 1...

09 Jul 2013 15:53 #8 by lionshead2010
I was hoping this would change, but it seems liberal economics has only served to put MORE people on the government dole.

Said the crazy Irishman to William Wallace under a barrage of arrows, "The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you are 'screwed'". :rofllol

09 Jul 2013 16:07 #9 by Something the Dog Said

lionshead2010 wrote: I was hoping this would change, but it seems liberal economics has only served to put MORE people on the government dole.

Said the crazy Irishman to William Wallace under a barrage of arrows, "The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you are 'screwed'". :rofllol

Actually it has been proven time and again that it has been the conservative economic policies that have resulted in more individuals unable to find meaningful jobs. Unemployment went up under the policies of the Reagan, Bush I and Bush II administrations and went down under the policies of Clinton and Obama administrations.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

09 Jul 2013 20:05 #10 by archer

FredHayek wrote:

archer wrote:

otisptoadwater wrote:

:rofllol You mean like New York City? Dem stronghold? Where 80% of high school graduates have to take remedial courses in college? I think the Republican bastion of Douglas County is doing a better job educating their kids.

Just comparing actual results to talking points Archer.

Fred, Fred, Fred.....please do some proofreading before you post.....all those quotes, and my name there....yet the quote of mine is combined with someone elses.....sheesh....I get blamed for enough around here without you misquoting me....

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds