PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE

10 Aug 2010 12:57 #11 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE
Oh goodie Road Rage!

I just repaired the bottom of the drive and cleaned the neighbors culvert which drains my drive. Threw some big rocks next to the telephone junction tower. Feels good to do a little hard labor! I hear the county graders going down the road so they are working on something. Go Park County! :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 13:52 #12 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE

REDHOTTOY08 wrote: my neighbor spent several thousand dollars on his driveway to avoid the runoff, then R&B made "improvements" to the road that caused this problem. then thier i dont care attitude just adds to problem. I did see my neighbors taking pictures and trying to stop the flood, i really empathise with them.

I think you are your "neighbor"....aren't you?

10 Aug 2010 14:31 #13 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Seems like Whoever this poster is does'nt matter, Take a look at the road and see all the flooding to property. i agree with him/her that PC r&b should do a better job!!!!

10 Aug 2010 14:58 #14 by Martin Ent Inc
Takes $$$ and r&b has none.

10 Aug 2010 15:18 #15 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE
If only we had leadership and budget smart sense within the commissioners office we could raise revenue from new business implant, cut unnecessary spending, thereby freeing up funds to allocate to an intelligently managed (subject to new director being appointed) R&B group.

With skilled oversight, a commissioner would then insure that the R&B Director employed and trained skilled workers to address the issues of our roads.

As the late Doc McKay once told me, "We can let the roads go without maintenance for so long. Eventually, they will be forever lost and will cost more."

My proposal is to vote in intelligent leadership (not politicians), recruit a new & qualified R&B Director, appropriate (gradually) funds to take our roads back.

It will take time, we just have to start yesterday!

10 Aug 2010 18:49 #16 by The 500 Foundation

Tilt wrote: :lame: AV8OR--off topic(Gov't bailouts)..
Might you try :wink: reading all the posts rather than
postingcomments on your comments(posts) Savy.

500 Foundation--been here over 20 years. Remember
properly maintained roads. No one promised???????
what kind of rollover deadhead comment is that.

Its part of OUR state statutes slick--Roads must be maintained.(PER LAW). You above the law slick??
Are you a rentor :Southpark: :lame: :banned: from
society lol

Grow up tilt you crybaby Save your juvenile commentary for your pre-teen peer group

Been here over ten and I don't expect someone else to carry me.
If you are not able to care for yourself up here get the hell out,

Einstein

10 Aug 2010 19:31 #17 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE
PC43 is usually the last road to get attention (and #1 heavy traveled county road I think), after the machines break down and the budget is spent and the cold weather arrives. Must be none of the good ole boys live back here. The section before DCVR is deteriorating badly and is almost beyond simple surface repair. Roadbase underneath is probably washing away. They quit resurfacing that 3 years ago at the left hand turn about 3 miles in. Sure they are underfunded and do their best, but priorities seem lacking.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Aug 2010 21:54 #18 by Tilt
Replied by Tilt on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE
Joe, (underfunded doing their best). They have convinced
you Joe?. Do your research before you baaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

99.9999999999999999% of COUNTIES IN COLORADO
and UNITED STATES JOE PAY FOR ROAD MAINTENANCE FROM
HOMEOWNERS HOME TAXES. PARK COUNTY USED TO DO THAT TO, JOE. VERIFY YOURSELF FROM NEARBY COUNTIES.

11 Aug 2010 11:03 #19 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE
The road I live on was finally chip sealed but the edges have already deteriorated and big pot holes are forming. This in less than a month.

BTW, the road had been nothing BUT potholes in the 13 years I've lived here. PC IS responsible for the roads.

Instead, we have built a big jail for inmates we don't have and now going for a multi-million $ communication center.

We have a L&WTFB that wants to spend preservation and restoration dollars on a sports complex.

Why so little money for our roads?

I went on a trip in July through WY, MT, UT and back to CO. Our roads are so lousy, it's practically unbelievable. Cross any state line and suddenly, roads are decdent. It's not just PC, it's the entire state that doesn't maintain the roads.

11 Aug 2010 11:41 #20 by Martin Ent Inc
PC residents have always voted down any $$'s for R&B. so we get what we don't pay for. All funding comes from the feds. And not having alot of population we don't get much there either.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds