PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE

11 Aug 2010 14:23 #21 by Mtn Gramma
If there isn't any money, why is my road scraped every 6-8 weeks? As soon as it gets nicely hard-packed, with minimal dust, here comes the damn grader scraping the road flat -- no crown in the middle so the water goes to the sides -- and filling in the ditch.

I wish they'd quit grading/scraping roads for a year and learn HOW to do it right. Once they get trained then maybe it wouldn't be such a boondoggle. Until they learn how to do it right, don't count on me voting for any more money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2010 14:48 #22 by Martin Ent Inc
LOL, learn to do it right.
A chimp with a tonka grader can do a better job.

11 Aug 2010 15:16 #23 by 40coupe
Replied by 40coupe on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE
Is the chimp a Republican?

11 Aug 2010 17:22 #24 by Let the Wildlife run PC

Mtn Gramma wrote: If there isn't any money, why is my road scraped every 6-8 weeks? As soon as it gets nicely hard-packed, with minimal dust, here comes the damn grader scraping the road flat -- no crown in the middle so the water goes to the sides -- and filling in the ditch.

I wish they'd quit grading/scraping roads for a year and learn HOW to do it right. Once they get trained then maybe it wouldn't be such a boondoggle. Until they learn how to do it right, don't count on me voting for any more money.

Hu???? You've GOT to be kidding right?????? We don't see hide nor hair of Road and Bridge except in an election year, (like right now, once every 4 years, and they have screwed it up worse than it was before they bagan!!) and forget about the 3-4' snows, we don't even see them on saturdays or sundays!!!

You're one lucky woman....

11 Aug 2010 17:26 #25 by Mtn Gramma
Hahahaha!! Send me your address and I'll direct the damn grader over there so you can share in the "luck". lol

11 Aug 2010 17:38 #26 by Let the Wildlife run PC

Martin Ent Inc wrote: PC residents have always voted down any $$'s for R&B. so we get what we don't pay for. All funding comes from the feds. And not having alot of population we don't get much there either.

ummmm... go to parkco.org and you'll see that YOU are paying for road and bridge, also just look on your registration to your vehicle....

That being said, with Fred borrowing 400k every quarter to pay his bills, and right now as we speak being $1.5 million in the hole, OF COURSE there's no money for Road and Bridge, and the commissioners keep letting him dig into the till to get whatever he wants, notice the brand new cars AGAIN??? Hey how bout that spiffy new OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE state of the art Communications center (for 4-5 dispatch 911 computer systems, and 5 girls?) that we have no say so over, much less see the bids. AND for Kintz senior to be spending around 25k per month on his personal luxuries,...I could go on and on....

Oh but no, no, no..... we the community are "too stupid" to figure that one out. Then why did Tighe exit EVERY meeting or debate immediately when questions would come up about the new OVERPRICED STUPID COMM Center????

11 Aug 2010 17:44 #27 by Martin Ent Inc
registration is a State thing not county, county collects for the state. Ritter gets the $$$ not PC. and as for what we pay? NADA, better go back and research the whole thing pc.org only posts the revenue coming in not the dispearsal.

11 Aug 2010 17:54 #28 by Let the Wildlife run PC
look at the "pie"

11 Aug 2010 17:55 #29 by Martin Ent Inc
pie are square

11 Aug 2010 18:08 #30 by Let the Wildlife run PC
OMG, I just went over there and looked at Road and Bridges 2010 budget, did you-all know it's 6 million dollars???? WTF????? Where in the HE** is the money going?????? Our roads look like HE**!!!!!!! I'd definately say that Tighe is allocating from one fund to another....borrowing from "Peter to pay Paul". Our county is a frick** MESS!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds