PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE

11 Aug 2010 19:30 #31 by navycpo7

4evryoung wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: PC residents have always voted down any $$'s for R&B. so we get what we don't pay for. All funding comes from the feds. And not having alot of population we don't get much there either.

ummmm... go to parkco.org and you'll see that YOU are paying for road and bridge, also just look on your registration to your vehicle....

That being said, with Fred borrowing 400k every quarter to pay his bills, and right now as we speak being $1.5 million in the hole, OF COURSE there's no money for Road and Bridge, and the commissioners keep letting him dig into the till to get whatever he wants, notice the brand new cars AGAIN??? Hey how bout that spiffy new OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE state of the art Communications center (for 4-5 dispatch 911 computer systems, and 5 girls?) that we have no say so over, much less see the bids. AND for Kintz senior to be spending around 25k per month on his personal luxuries,...I could go on and on....

Oh but no, no, no..... we the community are "too stupid" to figure that one out. Then why did Tighe exit EVERY meeting or debate immediately when questions would come up about the new OVERPRICED STUPID COMM Center????

Sheriffs office does not operate the comm ctr. And I would like you personally to show us where the Sheriff borrows 400k per qtr to pay his bills. I also want you to show where he purchased new cars again. As for the Comm CTr I agree with you it is overpriced and uneeded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2010 19:33 #32 by navycpo7

Mtn Gramma wrote: If there isn't any money, why is my road scraped every 6-8 weeks? As soon as it gets nicely hard-packed, with minimal dust, here comes the damn grader scraping the road flat -- no crown in the middle so the water goes to the sides -- and filling in the ditch.

I wish they'd quit grading/scraping roads for a year and learn HOW to do it right. Once they get trained then maybe it wouldn't be such a boondoggle. Until they learn how to do it right, don't count on me voting for any more money.

I stopped and talk to Jefferson Cty RB, asked if they would hold a class on how to do roads for Park, they laughed and said they don't have that much time.

11 Aug 2010 19:46 #33 by Martin Ent Inc

navycpo7 wrote:

Mtn Gramma wrote: If there isn't any money, why is my road scraped every 6-8 weeks? As soon as it gets nicely hard-packed, with minimal dust, here comes the damn grader scraping the road flat -- no crown in the middle so the water goes to the sides -- and filling in the ditch.

I wish they'd quit grading/scraping roads for a year and learn HOW to do it right. Once they get trained then maybe it wouldn't be such a boondoggle. Until they learn how to do it right, don't count on me voting for any more money.

I stopped and talk to Jefferson Cty RB, asked if they would hold a class on how to do roads for Park, they laughed and said they don't have that much time.

+1 on that.

11 Aug 2010 20:01 #34 by Tammy Davis
Just an FYI - and I'm not bragging at all but I thought I would share with you that Park County Road and Bridge does know how to keep and maintain roads. FACT: County Road 18 is well paved and has been for years, when I first moved here it was not then about 3 years later it got paved and I don't mean chip seal. I was very thrilled because they use to come and grade it and in 1 day complete washboard again what a waste. Then the very next year Coil Rd gets paved all the way to the pond I thought hmmm...that's odd why would they pave that? Come to find out Davis Kintz Sr. and Monte Gore live on Coil Rd. So they know how to take care of our roads, however they pick and choose which ones they will take care of and if you don't rank THEY don't seem to care.

And to think we just elected the HEAD of Road and Bridges son into office as County Coroner and he already collects a paycheck from the county. I wonder if he will now collect two paychecks.

Another point if anyone is interested when the County had to lay off employees from each department to make up for the Sheriffs defecit why did Road and Bridge not lay off his son?

11 Aug 2010 20:28 #35 by RHT08
Replied by RHT08 on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE
Good question Tammy, But I think we all know the answer to that !!!!!

12 Aug 2010 05:26 #36 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Navy, look no further than the Substation and the parking lot at the SO for your brand new 2010 Chevy SUV's, there is now a total of 5. They switched from Dodge. E-mail Michael personally for the proof of the 400k every quarter. We'll never have money for roads, we will turn into a ghost county, shoot we already are!!! Tourists just pass on through to their camping, fishing, hunting, ATVing areas. All of our government offices are for "ME" not "WE", testosterone and ego's. It's a known fact that Parkco will be broke by 2012...

12 Aug 2010 08:28 #37 by mama bear

Tammy Davis wrote: Just an FYI - and I'm not bragging at all but I thought I would share with you that Park County Road and Bridge does know how to keep and maintain roads. FACT: County Road 18 is well paved and has been for years, when I first moved here it was not then about 3 years later it got paved and I don't mean chip seal. I was very thrilled because they use to come and grade it and in 1 day complete washboard again what a waste. Then the very next year Coil Rd gets paved all the way to the pond I thought hmmm...that's odd why would they pave that? Come to find out Davis Kintz Sr. and Monte Gore live on Coil Rd. So they know how to take care of our roads, however they pick and choose which ones they will take care of and if you don't rank THEY don't seem to care.

And to think we just elected the HEAD of Road and Bridges son into office as County Coroner and he already collects a paycheck from the county. I wonder if he will now collect two paychecks.

Another point if anyone is interested when the County had to lay off employees from each department to make up for the Sheriffs defecit why did Road and Bridge not lay off his son?

Yes, Monte's road became paved shortly after he forced himself into the UnderSheriff position in Jan 2006!

12 Aug 2010 08:53 #38 by HEARTLESS
Park County has a new promotional campaign, "Come to the Park, the highest most beautiful county in the US."

Sorry for the suspension issues and flat tires.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Aug 2010 15:11 #39 by 40coupe
Replied by 40coupe on topic PARK COUNTY ROAD AND BRIDGE
Will that replace the notorious old 'Park County - Visit On Vacation, Leave On Probation.' ?

12 Aug 2010 15:35 #40 by rlcarolyn
forgot to put "and return on revocation."

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds