I shouldn't laugh...

06 Nov 2013 20:25 #101 by Hippie Love Fest
Off topic...but did you see the Venus and the moon tonight? Spectacular!

[youtube:3m69ik58]
[/youtube:3m69ik58]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Nov 2013 20:58 - 06 Nov 2013 21:41 #102 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic I shouldn't laugh...
I did get to see the Moon and Venus tonight as I drove home from DIA just before sunset. It was quite spectacular, somehow more so from out on the plains with the Denver metro lights in the foreground and the mountains in the background.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

06 Nov 2013 21:25 #103 by Hippie Love Fest
Are we lucky or what? It was such a fun drive today...a beautiful sunset near the Grand Mesa followed by Venus and the crescent moon. I was lucky enough to be on the west side of Park County a couple of months ago when we had that stunning Harvest Moon! If you're lucky enough to live in Colorado...

10 Nov 2013 17:26 #104 by Hippie Love Fest
This is the result of a president whose only concern is his liberal utopian agenda. He will never understand or care about the average American. We are just simply collateral damage. It has never been more evident that for this man and his administration, the ends justify the means.

More Trouble Than He Knows

There were several statements Chuck Todd made that were noteworthy:

(1) He was surprised the President didn't apologize up front.

(2) The administration has no idea how to fix the mess it has created.

(3) The president isn't willing to concede that he prevaricated when he told Americans they could keep their insurance if they liked it.

(4) Perhaps the President should conduct townhalls with a high-profile Republican to demonstrate he is reaching out beyond the usual media elites to speak to Americans.

(5) The president thinks that the brouhaha over the disaster he has created has stoked furor inside the Beltway, but that he's not in as much trouble with the public as those in the media elite seem to believe.

That last insight blows my mind. He doesn't understand that people are really hurting?!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/carolplatt ... s-n1744010

pre·var·i·cate
[pri-var-i-keyt] Show IPA
verb (used without object), pre·var·i·cat·ed, pre·var·i·cat·ing.
to speak falsely or misleadingly; deliberately misstate or create an incorrect impression; lie.

10 Nov 2013 17:56 #105 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic I shouldn't laugh...

Hippie Love Fest wrote:
That last insight blows my mind. He doesn't understand that people are really hurting?!

No doubt, and we haven't even seen the damage that the ACA will make for businesses and employees. I'm not surprised Chuck Todd doesn't think the public is becoming furious... after all, he lives in that MSNBC echo chamber and they don't look for Obama casualties.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Nov 2013 18:11 #106 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic I shouldn't laugh...

some idiot wrote: "She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said. :rofllol

:rofllol

typical

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Nov 2013 18:19 #107 by LOL

Hippie Love Fest wrote: Off topic...but did you see the Venus and the moon tonight? Spectacular!

Way off topic:

Nope, but I saw Uranus!

:rofllol :rofllol :rofllol

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Nov 2013 18:25 #108 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic I shouldn't laugh...

LOL wrote:

Hippie Love Fest wrote: Off topic...but did you see the Venus and the moon tonight? Spectacular!

Way off topic:

Nope, but I saw Uranus!

:rofllol :rofllol :rofllol

Way, Way ot.

I did too and Uranus has rings. :wave:

10 Nov 2013 18:28 #109 by LOL

Hippie Love Fest wrote:
(5) The president thinks that the brouhaha over the disaster he has created has stoked furor inside the Beltway, but that he's not in as much trouble with the public as those in the media elite seem to believe.

There used to be a time when I would agree, however I just don't think 90% of the dumbed down voters are paying attention.

to speak falsely or misleadingly; deliberately misstate or create an incorrect impression; lie.

=Obama and his Team

10 Nov 2013 18:37 #110 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic I shouldn't laugh...

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds