Who's your pick?

09 Apr 2015 08:01 #21 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Who's your pick?

ScienceChic wrote: I'm betting that Jill Stein will run for the Green Party again, but I'm not delusional enough to believe the American public is ready to vote in a 3rd party candidate yet. We'll be stuck with another Republican or Democrat and it'll just depend on how the economy is doing, which ironically has little to do with anything the president does. Sigh.

I hate the fact that 3rd party candidates are effectively shut out of the campaign. I heard it described recently (and I'm paraphrasing a bit) as a roulette wheel with reds and blacks but the table has a few greens and blues and yellows. You can place your bets on the greens and blues and yellows but the pit boss knows that they are excluded from the wheel so you'll never win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2015 09:27 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Who's your pick?

RenegadeCJ wrote: I'll go with Scott Walker. I think he is presidential, has actual governing experience, and been successful in a democratic area.

I think Bush won't make it because pretty much everyone I know doesn't want us to have "royalty" in the office. Both dems and reps I know want no more Clinton or Bush.

Walker would be my second... I see no way for Jeb because of his name but he would have a chance if he was a she. Maybe he could pull a Bruce Jenner and get one up on Hillary that way.

Thanks for playing along people!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Apr 2015 11:19 #23 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Who's your pick?
I was thinking a Walker/Fiorina ticket would be good. Would be great to see a team with leadership/biz experience in the White House again.

I can't see how Hillary has a chance anymore. When she wiped her servers, she basically was admitting guilt of hiding something. She is Nixon II.

I'm just glad to see a great young bench on the Rep side. The dems only have old retreads-at least so far. They look like the republicans from the 2000's till now.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

11 Apr 2015 09:07 - 11 Apr 2015 09:07 #24 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Who's your pick?

ScienceChic wrote: Paul Ryan is a bad choice if you actually want to see him elected - the Independent/Unaffiliated voters are not going to go for any candidates they view as extreme, either left or right. Same goes for Ted Cruz. Jon Huntsman would be a better choice.

11 Apr 2015 16:33 #25 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Who's your pick?
:like: I keep waiting to hear from the disaffected youth and others who drank the Kool Aid, sadly I don't have a hard time imagining that Hillary will be our next president. I really want to believe that my fellow countrymen have seen the errors of their ways and will vote to attempt to undue all of the damage that has been done over the last 6+ years... Unfortunately I don't think the common US Citizen is smart enough to see that their country is imploding on itself under the leadership they helped to put in place.

BlazerBob wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: Paul Ryan is a bad choice if you actually want to see him elected - the Independent/Unaffiliated voters are not going to go for any candidates they view as extreme, either left or right. Same goes for Ted Cruz. Jon Huntsman would be a better choice.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

11 Apr 2015 17:05 #26 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Who's your pick?
OH NO! Not an Extremist! What were our forefathers? Extremist, in fact Revolutionary Extremists.
God, how we need some now.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

11 Apr 2015 19:33 #27 by Rick
I agree, this whole "extremist" thing has become like the "war on women" and perceived racism if you didn't vote for the black candidate. How is it extreme to want to reign in the massive bureaucracy that wastes more money the bigger it gets? Seems to me like "extreme" can now be defined by that which gives more power to the individual and less to the collective. Therefore, the founders really must have been the most extreme of them all... them and their silly Constitution.

So what is really more extreme? Is it more extreme to want less centralized control or is it more extreme to want more and more of it? That's an easy answer for me, I just hope we can one day elect someone who follows through on their promises and stops the expanding cancer.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Apr 2015 19:46 #28 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Who's your pick?
Going along with the original intent of the post, I'll put my free $100 on Dr. Ben Carson. I like what Dr. Carson has had to say so far and I really like his approach to politics and 'Gubment. for all of those reasons I think Dr. Carson has less than a farts chance in a whirlwind but I hope that I'm wrong!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

11 Apr 2015 23:54 #29 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Who's your pick?

RenegadeCJ wrote: I was thinking a Walker/Fiorina ticket would be good. Would be great to see a team with leadership/biz experience in the White House again.

I can't see how Hillary has a chance anymore. When she wiped her servers, she basically was admitting guilt of hiding something. She is Nixon II.

I'm just glad to see a great young bench on the Rep side. The dems only have old retreads-at least so far. They look like the republicans from the 2000's till now.

Oh God, right now I miss LJ. tick tock.

12 Apr 2015 09:18 #30 by Rick

otisptoadwater wrote: Going along with the original intent of the post, I'll put my free $100 on Dr. Ben Carson. I like what Dr. Carson has had to say so far and I really like his approach to politics and 'Gubment. for all of those reasons I think Dr. Carson has less than a farts chance in a whirlwind but I hope that I'm wrong!

Well you would certainly get a large payoff if he won, because I can't imagine he'll be able to raise as much money as the top tier, but I would gladly vote for him.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds