Who's your pick?

15 Apr 2015 11:25 #41 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Who's your pick?
Haven't been here for awhile. Republicans have to get Latino voters. It has to be Cruz or Rubio either as Pres or VP to pick up the minority vote or die as a party. I consider both of them RINO's moving to the center for the vote. I prefer Rand Paul but with his combative style with the press and the main press making him out to be a weirdo don't think it would happen.

A new face would be Scott Walker. So I say Scott Walker Pres/Rubio VP, although Cruz is a better speaker.

If Jeb wins say goodbye to the Republican party.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2015 12:42 #42 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Who's your pick?
Couldn't agree with you more about a Clinton v Bush II contest Ashley. Not only would Bush lose that race, the Republicans would lose control of the Senate too as a consequence.

15 Apr 2015 14:44 #43 by Something the Dog Said
Jeb would be a bigger draw for Latino votes that either Marco or Rafeal. In general, most latinos do not consider cuban-americans as representative of their culture, while Jeb's support of amnesty for illegal aliens, not breaking up latino families, plus his own familial connections to mexico would make him more attractive to the latino vote.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 Apr 2015 17:42 #44 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote: I'm going with Paul Ryan, I think he should have been at the top of the last ticket . . .

Is this the same paul ryan who recently sponsored legislation that just passed that will increase the deficit by $141 billion for a single payer medical welfare system? I believe it is.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 Apr 2015 18:36 #45 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Who's your pick?

Something the Dog Said wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: I'm going with Paul Ryan, I think he should have been at the top of the last ticket . . .

Is this the same paul ryan who recently sponsored legislation that just passed that will increase the deficit by $141 billion for a single payer medical welfare system? I believe it is.

I surprised there is a Paul Ryan in the Senate that you would support.

15 Apr 2015 18:50 #46 by Something the Dog Said

Mary Scott wrote:

I was not aware that there is a paul ryan in the Senate.

15 Apr 2015 22:37 #47 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Who's your pick?

Mary Scott wrote:

I was not aware that there is a paul ryan in the Senate.

Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake.

16 Apr 2015 09:24 #48 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Who's your pick?

Something the Dog Said wrote: Jeb would be a bigger draw for Latino votes that either Marco or Rafeal. In general, most latinos do not consider cuban-americans as representative of their culture, while Jeb's support of amnesty for illegal aliens, not breaking up latino families, plus his own familial connections to mexico would make him more attractive to the latino vote.

Could be true, a Spanish speaking Catholic man with a Hispanic wife might be more appealing than an old white woman.
Rubio does have a lot of charisma but I think this campaign for him is more a test run or audition for a VP slot.
Walker/Rubio?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 May 2016 12:06 - 20 May 2016 12:07 #49 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Who's your pick?
Boy did we miss this by a mile! Rick coulda ponied up that $100 and he'd still have it. :P

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 May 2016 11:58 #50 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Who's your pick?
It's still not too late for my prediction of Biden/Warren since Hillary is swimming upstream in her river of lies and the Dem party doesn't want Sanders. Anything id possible in this election and I'll bet crazy Joe is kicking himself right now for passing on his best chance.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds