Who's your pick?

07 Apr 2015 08:27 #1 by Rick
Who's your pick? was created by Rick
Looks like the flood of candidates is about to step up (on the right anyway but maybe someone will challenge Hillary too)... so who do you want it to be and who do you think it will be at this point? I know its a long way off and the polls are pretty worthless so early, so lets see who is the best at predicting politics. Since we haven't heard many give their pitch yet, lets not worry about who will actually win yet (we also don't know where the economy will be which I believe will be key)... so just pick your horse and we'll talk about the election later.

My pick is Rubio... wish he was Marsha instead of Marco so it would eliminate Hillary's main advantage, but I do think he'll get a better chunk of the Hispanic vote than others (except maybe Bush). He's a fresher face, speaks well without a prompter, and I think he would be acceptable to a wider swath of Republicans. Not sure about his VP, but a woman would be nice... maybe Fiorina or someone completely unexpected.

So I'm predicting Rubio v Clinton which will be a reversal of 2008 where Republicans had the political dinosaur and Democrats had the fresh face. I'm hoping Bush fades early because a Bush v Clinton would make me sick.

So go ahead and stick your neck out before the candidates open their mouths and change your mind. B)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2015 09:21 #2 by Nobody that matters
Nope, nope, nope... I learned my lesson. No more backing a candidate until I see how they do under the pressure of a campaign to see which ones come apart at the seams.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

07 Apr 2015 09:53 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Who's your pick?
Rand Paul! But like America, I will probably change my mind as the campaigns proceed. CW says Rubio and Jeb will be getting donations from the same crowd so we will see who wins the battle.

Bush/Rubio? The Hispanic ticket? :whistle:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Apr 2015 10:02 #4 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Who's your pick?

Rick wrote:
So go ahead and stick your neck out before the candidates open their mouths and change your mind. B)

I am a political junkie but I would rather piss into the wind than spend my time handicapping the primaries.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. It is a national passtime. I record the sunday shows and can watch 3 hours of programming in 20 minutes. leaves me a lot more time for firewood.

07 Apr 2015 10:22 - 07 Apr 2015 10:27 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Who's your pick?
:easterlilli

Nobody that matters wrote: Nope, nope, nope... I learned my lesson. No more backing a candidate until I see how they do under the pressure of a campaign to see which ones come apart at the seams.

That's why I'm asking who your pick is BEFORE they open their mouths... just want your gut feeling and there is no penalty for being wrong. So many people are afraid to be wrong, I could care less.

So come on guys, there is nothing to risk here. If your pick implodes, nobody is going to take away your birthday or pee in your Cherios (and I'm not promising a prize I won't deliver to the winner(s)... ala VL)

If someone wants to thread after the debates are in full swing that's great, but this is just an early gut prediction.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Apr 2015 10:38 #6 by Nobody that matters
Then my early gut prediction is that it doesn't matter who the Rs put up, the Ds have created a situation where the people that got $$$ or stuff from the government will vote D, and there's enough of them to carry the election.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

07 Apr 2015 10:53 #7 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Who's your pick?
R's or D's - TweedleDumb or TweedleDumber. Doesn't really matter much who wins. They're all bought and paid for or will be after getting in office. I have no confidence in the federal government at all.

07 Apr 2015 13:22 #8 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Who's your pick?
Well, when you put it that way. It is not that I am afraid to be wrong, it is just that I am always wrong. The only two candidates I have ever donated to are Ross Perot and Herman Cain. In order to protect my perfect record I will go with Dr. Ben Carson. If nothing else it would be fun to have the left explain why they hate is guts, hate the very ground he walks on but it is not because they are racist. :P

Rick wrote: :easterlilli

Nobody that matters wrote: Nope, nope, nope... I learned my lesson. No more backing a candidate until I see how they do under the pressure of a campaign to see which ones come apart at the seams.

That's why I'm asking who your pick is BEFORE they open their mouths... just want your gut feeling and there is no penalty for being wrong. So many people are afraid to be wrong, I could care less.

So come on guys, there is nothing to risk here. If your pick implodes, nobody is going to take away your birthday or pee in your Cherios (and I'm not promising a prize I won't deliver to the winner(s)... ala VL)

If someone wants to thread after the debates are in full swing that's great, but this is just an early gut prediction.

07 Apr 2015 14:50 #9 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Who's your pick?
I'm going with Paul Ryan, I think he should have been at the top of the last ticket . . .

07 Apr 2015 15:18 #10 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Who's your pick?

PrintSmith wrote: I'm going with Paul Ryan, I think he should have been at the top of the last ticket . . .

Well done PS! See folks, it's easy and it matters not whether you are right or wrong. There are so many candidates, that to actually pick the correct one would be mostly luck... this thread would be fun to revisit in a year if anyone else has the guts to participate. (it doesn't even take guts)

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds