Is Obama Muslim?

19 Aug 2010 07:15 #1 by FredHayek
Is Obama Muslim? was created by FredHayek
Seems a small percentage of Americans believe Barack is a Muslim. With a Muslim father and step-father, many Muslims would consider Obama is a Muslim.

I don't think so. By looking at his college years, I think he is a secularist who only adopted Christianity to network with the black political base in the city.
But along with the secularism, I do believe the current POTUS is more sympathetic to Islam than any previous President, and thinks more worldly than the Eurocentric previous administrations. The best examples of this are his cool relations with both Britain and Israel.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2010 08:18 #2 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Obama Muslim?

SS109 wrote: But along with the secularism, I do believe the current POTUS is more sympathetic to Islam than any previous President, .

What makes you think that? Wouldn't the actions of our last president....sending American men and women to Iraq to free the muslims from Sadaam, and try to bring democracy to them, be an indication of his sympathy towards Islam?

19 Aug 2010 08:21 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Is Obama Muslim?
lol , true, like George Herbert Walker Bush sending troops so that his Islamic Kuwati oil sheik friends could get their country back!

19 Aug 2010 08:38 - 19 Aug 2010 11:41 #4 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Is Obama Muslim?
I'd settle for an American.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

19 Aug 2010 08:47 #5 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Is Obama Muslim?
I don't think he is anything. He was taugh under the muslims as a kid, claimed to be a Christian as some point, but doesn't practice either one. He is a secularist...as you say, but I would think, because he has more muslim influence than any previous president, he is very sympathetic towards their ideology.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

19 Aug 2010 08:54 #6 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Is Obama Muslim?
Drop the sym, and thats my definition of the current administration.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

19 Aug 2010 08:58 - 23 Dec 2011 06:46 #7 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic Is Obama Muslim?
what does he say?

19 Aug 2010 10:24 #8 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Is Obama Muslim?

posteryoyo wrote: I don't really care about his religion, his ability to screw things up is pretty equal here in the USA.

Bush was a believer in what most Americans believe in, let's call it a christian god and talked about it quite a bit and look where that got us....many non christian policies and actions, lies, deception, war, loss of rights, legalized killing, torturing and countless new words (even the Mexicans use existing words).

Knowing that they are politicians we know their real religion, focus on one's self. Any claim otherwise would be suspect. I would prefer a secular president as our rules are secular and a religious person of any faith may be pulled by their faith which will likely conflict with the implementation of the constitution.

Interesting point. I know I am more distrustful doing business with someone who pushes their Christianisty. Sometimes it is used as a badge scoundrels hide behind.

I wonder if the US will ever elect an announced athiest for President. I am guessing it would be a few decades away.

21 Aug 2010 16:51 #9 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Is Obama Muslim?

21 Aug 2010 16:52 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Is Obama Muslim?
Who cares????

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds