Is Obama Muslim?

21 Aug 2010 17:24 #11 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Is Obama Muslim?
Outdoor cares, because he is a Muslim hater.

Don't worry, he will go to a good Christian church on Sunday and for 2 hours he will be told all is forgiven and he will come back and hate again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Aug 2010 18:11 #12 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Is Obama Muslim?

SS109 wrote:
I don't think so. By looking at his college years, I think he is a secularist who only adopted Christianity to network with the black political base in the city.

SS109:

I am impressed that you are able to look at the POTUS' college years, when no records are open to anyone.

I don't think Outdoor338 is a Muslim Hater at all, but someone who is alarmed at everything he sees, as am I. IMHO Obama has said he is of the Muslim faith, has admitted to being raised by two different Muslims in his own book.

21 Aug 2010 18:54 #13 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Is Obama Muslim?
As usual, the line about Obama's "Muslim faith" was taken out-of-context.

That last sentence was a straightforward statement: Senator Obama was not proclaiming his "Muslim faith"; he was acknowledging that Republican nominee John McCain had not specifically promulgated the false rumor that he (Obama) was a Muslim.

Unfortunately, at this point of the interview, George Stephanopoulos — apparently not understanding the context of Senator Obama's response — mistakenly attempted to correct him by interjecting the words "Your Christian faith." This non sequitur briefly threw Senator Obama off track; he repeated the words "My Christian faith" and then returned to the point he was trying to make:

A very brief, out-of-context segment was then clipped from that exchange and sent winging around the Internet as proof that Senator Obama had "admitted his Muslim faith," something even the conservative Washington Times acknowledged was false:

But illustrating the difficulty of preventing false rumors about his faith from spreading, anti-Obama groups within one hour of the interview had sliced it out of context and were sending it around via email. They also were blogging about it.

Mr. Obama, who is a Christian and often proudly speaks about how his faith has influenced his public service, said he finds it "deeply offensive" that there are efforts "coming out of the Republican camp to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

But go ahead with your lies... I could sit and watch 'em for hours.

21 Aug 2010 19:42 #14 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Obama Muslim?

Nmysys wrote: I don't think Outdoor338 is a Muslim Hater at all, but someone who is alarmed at everything he sees, as am I. IMHO Obama has said he is of the Muslim faith, has admitted to being raised by two different Muslims in his own book.

I don't think outdoor is a muslim hater either.....I think he equally hates everything and everyone who does not look like him, think like him, or pray like him. Unfortunately there are far too many like that in this country. So much for us being the once proudly proclaimed "melting pot" of the world.

21 Aug 2010 20:53 #15 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Is Obama Muslim?
Speaking of pot and kettle - archer, you put words in others mouths the same as you complain about being done to you.

I don't think any of us 'hates' anyone else, we are concerned about the direction the country is going, and I believe that is good.

I also believe it is good to be able to discuss it.

Let's just try to keep generalizations out of the discussion, they never work well.

OK, I will go back under my rock now :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 Aug 2010 21:00 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Is Obama Muslim?

billy wrote: Outdoor cares, because he is a Muslim hater.

Don't worry, he will go to a good Christian church on Sunday and for 2 hours he will be told all is forgiven and he will come back and hate again.

Billy, hate is a strong word. Jeez.

21 Aug 2010 21:29 #17 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Is Obama Muslim?

outdoor338 wrote: obama in his own words:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUgNg7aD8M

obama, say's my muslim faith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY

When you post stuff like this, it really makes your points look weak. You misrepresent everything, and it's so obvious.

The first video is just a short clip, but even in it it's clear what Obama was meaning to say. I guess you couldn't figure it out, but Obama was just acknowledging that McCain did not participate in the false claims that he was a Muslim. When George tried to correct him (no correction was really necessary, but without it, it would of been an even bigger sound bite for the conservatives to take him out of context), it made it a bit awkward, but even then Obama explained what he ment. Geeze....

And the second video proves nothing either. If it did, then here is one that "proves" George Bush is a Muslim, or at least a big Muslim supporter too...

[youtube:16tkgz0i]
[/youtube:16tkgz0i]

I just don't get why you post stuff like this to prove your point. It just makes it clear you have no real ammo in your arguement because your evidence is so weak.

21 Aug 2010 21:47 #18 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Obama Muslim?

jf1acai wrote: Speaking of pot and kettle - archer, you put words in others mouths the same as you complain about being done to you.

I respectfully disagree jf1, I did not post what outdoor thinks, I posted what I think about his posts. If I had said outdoor hates everyone....I would be guilty as charged, but saying I think he hates everyone....is different. When others start posting their thoughts as opinion, and not as fact, I'll get off their backs about it.

21 Aug 2010 21:56 #19 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Is Obama Muslim?
Fair enough, Archer :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Aug 2010 06:17 #20 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Is Obama Muslim?
Archer, hate is a big word, not sure about your last post...goofy as usual...since when are opinions wrong..their opinions.. just as your allowed to voice yours, I don't agree with many of them, but have never used the word hate in any way towards you..archer has on many occasions put words in my mouth...frankly, I don't care if she does, its her only way of looking foolish in her response. I would like to know, who I hate in your opinion, and where I have said that I hate any person or group. I'll be waiting archer...

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds