Abortion Law

• Leaf Peeper
  • Leaf Peeper
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Birthdate: Unknown
Carrie created the topic: Abortion Law 27 Feb 2018 18:03 #1

Does anyone have any statistics on those who oppose abortion? Specifically, how many children have been adopted by those who oppose abortion and how many children they bred themselves? Just curious how many practice what they preach. What are they proposing happen to these unwanted children? Is there a plan to give them a good life? Since Pence said today that abortion would end in the U.S. in our lifetime, what is the plan? I haven't seen anything yet, but assume something will become available soon. I'm interested in what that is...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Thank you received: 43
FredHayek replied the topic: Abortion Law 01 Mar 2018 11:21 #2

Good question. I support abortion rights but do think 20 weeks is a good shutoff. Do you support abortion until birth? I don't know what I would do with the baby after twenty weeks, but I also know adoption agencies have long lists and it is very difficult to get approved, even if you are adopting children from your own family. The parish I grew up in did very good adopting children and it was not unusual to find out that five out of thirty kids in my class had been adopted by their current parents.

• Leaf Peeper
  • Leaf Peeper
  • Thank you received: 5
Carrie replied the topic: Abortion Law 01 Mar 2018 12:02 #3

I DO NOT support abortion until birth. I support it for the first trimester only, before the fetus is viable on its own. If you are going to carry it until birth and then try to abort, something is wrong with you. Then you give birth and put it up for adoption.

I am also against the hypocrits who fight abortion laws, but breed instead of adopting.

• Mountain Champion
  • Mountain Champion
  • Thank you received: 144
  • Birthdate: 31 Oct 2012
ScienceChic replied the topic: Abortion Law 12 Mar 2018 22:20 #4

I did a quick search, and didn't find anything as I suspected I might not. Adoptive parents aren't likely to be asked if they are pro- or anti-abortion, adoption agencies are looking at many other factors to determine if they will be suitable parents - finances, stable marriage, support systems in place, etc.
Adoption Statistics
Combatting Common Misconceptions About Adoption

I did find this diatribe, which I found interesting:
Pro-Abortion Fallacy of the Day: “Why Don’t You Pro-Lifers Adopt?”

I also did a search to see if the topic came up on the forums here before, and found these previous discussions on abortion (in case you are up for some additional reading):
41 Percent of Pregnancies in New York City Are Aborted

Republicans Defunding Planned Parenthood

God's grace on display for the seemingly "unforgivable"

New PP Report Record Abortions Done 2009

Involved in a delicate situation over Christmas

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Your scars exist, but it’s your courage that defines you. ~Nalini Singh

• Mountain Champion
  • Mountain Champion
  • Thank you received: 144
  • Birthdate: 31 Oct 2012
ScienceChic replied the topic: Abortion Law 12 Mar 2018 22:44 #5

And then there's this...That whole "Do as I say, not as I do" method of being a role model is SO effective... :sarcasm:
Teen pregnancy rates are at historic lows, but yes please, let's change our policies to something that's been proven to be much less effective then watch teen pregnancy rates, and the number of abortions, rise. :smackshead:

RT @OhNoSheTwitnt
Hi, kids. I’m Donald “David Dennison” Trump. I have 5 kids by 3 women all of whom I cheated on and I once bragged on tape about grabbing women’s vaginas. I’m here today to talk to you about abstinence.
Abstinence-only education making a comeback under Trump
By Jessie Hellmann - 03/08/18

Supporters of comprehensive sex ed, however, say abstinence-only programs are ineffective and ideologically motivated. They say the programs failed under the Bush administration.

“We know from a body of evidence that abstinence-only programs don’t provide a full range of medically accurate and non-stigmatized education around contraception use,” said Jesse Boyer, senior policy manager at the Guttmacher Institute, a research and policy organization that opposes abstinence-only programs.

Advocates of comprehensive sex ed worry about the effect a shift toward abstinence-only education could have on plummeting teen pregnancy rates.

In 2015, there were about 23 births per 1,000 girls aged 15 to 19, a record low for the U.S., compared to 41 births per 1,000 girls in 2007.

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Your scars exist, but it’s your courage that defines you. ~Nalini Singh

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds