~COLOFORNIA~

04 May 2019 16:31 #11 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic ~COLOFORNIA~

SmokeyinHP wrote: IAutomatic voter registration. This one's a doosie folks. I encourage you to really dig into this one, it should curl your toenails. Well, that's if you think that Democrats are most definitely setting the board up in their favor to actually try and steal elections. Funny how they've got some cloak and dagger sh** to talk about Republicans stealing elections with next to zero proof, but they'll very freely, gleefully and publicly show off that they're doing exactly that. Huh. Anyway, when you're automatically signed up with this law, all of your info gets sent to your County Clerk. That department then sends you a notice in the mail. If you don't respond to it and turn it down, accept it, what have you, they do it anyway. Gee, I wonder what affiliation they'll chose for you?

How the hell could automatic voter registration steal elections? It doesn't make people vote! And your affiliation conspiracy theory is full retard. Did you even know that county clerks can be Democratic or repug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2019 09:16 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ~COLOFORNIA~
We don't need automatic voter registration. If the person doesn't care enough to register to vote, why do you think they care enough to educate themselves on the issues and candidates before they vote? I would prefer a few well educated voters over a mob of people who vote based on TV ads or the flyer they get in the mail.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 May 2019 18:20 #13 by DDawg
Replied by DDawg on topic ~COLOFORNIA~
Exactamundo on that particular puke stain excuse of sensible legislation.

-Smokey

05 May 2019 18:35 - 05 May 2019 18:37 #14 by DDawg
@Rick, I'm with you brother. The only ones flipping us the bird and getting on soap boxes to do so are really the ones that are influenced by Cali lunacy, and they're now jamming every piece of conservative hating (really, America hating) law they can right up all of us sane people's arses. The thing is, there's so many more of us than them imo, we're just all screwed by the flat out conspiracy against our core ideals on a national scale, as in every type of media around. I've seen enough, not just here in Colorado, ALL over the place, but we're headin there pretty fast. Conifer is a joke now man, I was just up there this afternoon visiting and old buddy that has a view of the "strip," and the people you meet now around up here? My god man, and those people are going to push stuff LOCally? Yep, I'm about done too, my wife and I have decided that we'll give it ten years (absolute max) and then we'll be able to get a spread somewhere, hopefully with a chunk of dirt keeping people at a damn distance. I'm thinking south, like New Mexico or if heading north, northwest Wyoming, maybe Montana. When we all leave and the golden goose economy the lefties have now gotten their claws into collapses, then they'll be right at home, and only a couple states away from where they were spawned!

-Smokey

06 May 2019 07:35 #15 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: We don't need automatic voter registration. If the person doesn't care enough to register to vote, why do you think they care enough to educate themselves on the issues and candidates before they vote? I would prefer a few well educated voters over a mob of people who vote based on TV ads or the flyer they get in the mail.

So you'd prefer not being able to vote yourself?

06 May 2019 10:13 #16 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ~COLOFORNIA~

Brandon wrote:

SmokeyinHP wrote: IAutomatic voter registration. This one's a doosie folks. I encourage you to really dig into this one, it should curl your toenails. Well, that's if you think that Democrats are most definitely setting the board up in their favor to actually try and steal elections. Funny how they've got some cloak and dagger sh** to talk about Republicans stealing elections with next to zero proof, but they'll very freely, gleefully and publicly show off that they're doing exactly that. Huh. Anyway, when you're automatically signed up with this law, all of your info gets sent to your County Clerk. That department then sends you a notice in the mail. If you don't respond to it and turn it down, accept it, what have you, they do it anyway. Gee, I wonder what affiliation they'll chose for you?

How the hell could automatic voter registration steal elections? It doesn't make people vote! And your affiliation conspiracy theory is full retard. Did you even know that county clerks can be Democratic or repug?

You do realize we get our ballots mailed to us right? My mom lived with us about 16 years ago and we still get her ballot mailed to us every year and she lives in Texas. If I was a POS I may be inclined to fill her ballot out and vote however I chose. You assume nobody commits voter fraud, but the hatred I see these days makes me think that voter fraud is becoming more and more likely. I think those ballots should be verified every year as to who is actually eligible (like being alive, a citizen, not a felon, a resident, etc). Too much to ask?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 May 2019 11:18 #17 by Brandon
Bill has nothing to do with your mother's situation, but if you were to commit voter fraud that would be par for the course. The only voter fraud I heard about lately was committed by repugs in North Carolina.
Voter roll verification isn't an issue for me, but purging is.

06 May 2019 11:25 #18 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ~COLOFORNIA~

Brandon wrote: Bill has nothing to do with your mother's situation, but if you were to commit voter fraud that would be par for the course. .

Par for the course huh? HOWTF would you know that? Do you know me personally? You don't, so you know where you can stick that BS. My point is that there are people out there that hate this president so much that if given the chance you know damn well those people would love to get more than one vote.

I'm assuming that if registration was automatic, those people would be getting ballots mailed to them even if they have no intention of taking the time to fill them out.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 May 2019 11:26 #19 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic ~COLOFORNIA~
Coloradans get their ballots mailed to them; many other states have completely done away with paper ballots but Jeffco hasn't and it has an excellent system to verify each ballot. When ballots are collected, it starts a chain of custody that is tracked. Each ballot is verified every single election by comparing the signature on the outside of the envelope with what is in their system for that registered voter. If it doesn't match closely enough for the computer, then it goes to a live human to check. If that still doesn't match, they reach out to the voter for more information (e.g. suffering a stroke or being in a car accident and suffering nerve damage to your hand can drastically alter your handwriting). Once they confirm who you are and get your new signature, your ballot can then and only then be counted.

So go right ahead and try filling out someone else's ballot - you'll be arrested for voting fraud.

If a person is eligible to vote, why shouldn't they automatically be registered? There shouldn't be any barriers to citizens performing their duty to vote should they so wish, and all voters/ballots should be confirmed before being counted. If they choose not to vote, then it's not different than if they weren't registered so what's the problem?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 May 2019 16:41 - 06 May 2019 16:43 #20 by DDawg
Ignore everything but auto voter registration, nice. I'll simplify it for you this way;

MY significant other wants nothing to do with politics, has every right to register to vote, but doesn't want to. She despises politics, that's HER RIGHT as a citizen, so who tf are you people or anyone under the sun to tell her it's now mandatory she's registered? If people want to vote, they'll keep their sh** up to date. As Rick said, you know where you can stick it. Hatred is straight coming from the lefties, especially mainstream media/news/whatever outlets.
EDIT: And regardless of people's opinions on whether or not privacy is completely dead nowadays, when you're registered to vote, your personal info is posted as public record. That's also a bunch of b.s!

-Smokey

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds