~COLOFORNIA~

06 May 2019 16:48 #21 by DDawg
Replied by DDawg on topic ~COLOFORNIA~
Would have done a DOUBLE edit, but posted again here. My point about not responding to your "auto voter registration" notice is; if you don't respond in the allowed time frame, do they; a.) consider you a lost cause? b.) register you as "unaffiliated" or c.) register you as Democrat?

Tell you what, as time passes and it turns out it's "a," I'll stfu. In the meantime, government has no business in MY BUSINESS! Or yours for that matter. You should be grateful guys like myself are looking out, not joining in the sheeple fun!

-Smokey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2019 17:58 #22 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic ~COLOFORNIA~

SmokeyinHP wrote: Ignore everything but auto voter registration, nice. I'll simplify it for you this way;

MY significant other wants nothing to do with politics, has every right to register to vote, but doesn't want to. She despises politics, that's HER RIGHT as a citizen, so who tf are you people or anyone under the sun to tell her it's now mandatory she's registered? If people want to vote, they'll keep their sh** up to date. As Rick said, you know where you can stick it. Hatred is straight coming from the lefties, especially mainstream media/news/whatever outlets.
EDIT: And regardless of people's opinions on whether or not privacy is completely dead nowadays, when you're registered to vote, your personal info is posted as public record. That's also a bunch of b.s!

-Smokey

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had to express my opinion on anything else but the subject of the last few replies. I addressed the voter registration because I felt I had some facts to shed light on what appeared to be misinformation; I certainly didn't feel angry or intend to convey any hostility in my words, I simply stated the facts that I knew (I have toured the Jeffco Clerk & Recorder's Office back when it was Pam Anderson running it, had the opportunity to do so again when it was Faye Griffin but declined, and highly recommend it for everyone) and my opinions. No insults, no demands on anyone. (Oh, and it's the responsibility of each voter to fill out an update to her voter registration to let the Clerk's office know that they moved so they know to stop sending ballots to that person at that address - it's helpful, and responsible, for the Clerk's office so they aren't wasting money/resources creating and mailing paper ballots that won't be used.)

I actually agree that the personal information should not be posted publicly as identity theft is far too common these days. So long as the government has a proper address on file for each individual that can be confirmed if there are questions of residency authenticity, then they can, and should, keep them private. Having been doxxed/threatened once because my business address also is made publicly available, I am not all that keen on private individual's certain records being made public.

I don't believe I ever seen anything anywhere stating that voters would be "placed" into a political party; I would think that that is unethical. Here is the Colorado voter registration form and notice that you have the option of several parties including Unaffiliated. It seems common sense to me that if someone doesn't make a choice that they would be placed into the Unaffiliated category. And even if they did list a voter as Democratic or Republican, it doesn't mean a damn thing, does it? Just because someone says they are one or the other doesn't lock them into voting for that party, right? As for the protocol with voters who don't vote for a long time (or ever), that should be addressed in each state's legislation on the matter.

Regarding the original subject of this thread: I am just going to say that I am incredibly sad that this is how we treat our fellow neighbors and Americans. Calling your fellow neighbors idiot leftists, or conservatards, or anything else along those lines is rude, demeaning, and uncalled for. Every single American has a right to live where they want in this country, and wishing things to stay the way they are is unrealistic - find ways to work together to create smart, sustainable development because it takes the strengths of both ideologies to find the best solutions. Population growth simply by reproduction is more than sufficient to drive the current change we are experiencing, and that necessitates more development, and higher density living. You all do realize that everyone who insists on having more than one child per parent is guilty of this exact population growth, and at this point there's nothing that will change the inevitability that we'll reach 11 billion people on this planet by 2100, right? Keep moving to find less densely developed areas, you'll simply run out of room at some point and no problems will be solved.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 May 2019 17:58 - 06 May 2019 18:06 #23 by DDawg
A link and quote: www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-camp...er-registration.aspx

Opponents of automatic voter registration have concerns that the government should not be in the business of telling citizens what to do or that they must register to vote. They may see automatic voter registration as an infringement upon the First Amendment right to free speech, particularly in states, such as Oregon and Alaska, that provide the "opt-out" choice by mail, after the fact.

They question whether opt-out forms that are sent and received through the mail are sufficient to ensure an individual can decline to register. Fraud is also a concern, as some have questioned whether the process can adequately filter out noncitizens who are able to obtain state identification cards legally.

Opponents also argue that more voter registration does not necessarily lead to higher voter turnout. Just because a voter is registered does not mean he or she will vote on Election Day. It remains to be seen whether more voters will get to the polls because of automatic voter registration.

The bolded is ALSO another issue I have in our "sanctuary state" that I failed to mention in my initial grievance with this very singular item on my list of.

EDIT: After re-reading my quoted portion several times, I'd also like to stress the first part. The government has no business telling me or anyone that I'm required to be obedient or register to vote. I'm not concerned with the long monologue's explaining why it's "no big deal," I'm (and certainly a lot of us) are telling you no!

I also don't have a problem with neighbors or "Americans," so long as those people are respectable and truly identify with the founding morals and ideals we were built on. Liberal tears fill barrels when it comes to the argument of those two things there.

-Smokey

07 May 2019 11:19 #24 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ~COLOFORNIA~

ScienceChic wrote: Coloradans get their ballots mailed to them; many other states have completely done away with paper ballots but Jeffco hasn't and it has an excellent system to verify each ballot. When ballots are collected, it starts a chain of custody that is tracked. Each ballot is verified every single election by comparing the signature on the outside of the envelope with what is in their system for that registered voter. If it doesn't match closely enough for the computer, then it goes to a live human to check. If that still doesn't match, they reach out to the voter for more information (e.g. suffering a stroke or being in a car accident and suffering nerve damage to your hand can drastically alter your handwriting). Once they confirm who you are and get your new signature, your ballot can then and only then be counted.

So go right ahead and try filling out someone else's ballot - you'll be arrested for voting fraud.

If a person is eligible to vote, why shouldn't they automatically be registered? There shouldn't be any barriers to citizens performing their duty to vote should they so wish, and all voters/ballots should be confirmed before being counted. If they choose not to vote, then it's not different than if they weren't registered so what's the problem?

I see, so would you be in favor of a mandatory government ID as a requirement for voting nation wide or is a signature really all that matters? I'm pretty sure I could learn how to copy a signature much easier than I could produce a fake ID.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Jun 2019 17:45 #25 by DDawg
#COLOFORNILLIYORK - Same same. Video courtesy of IITV, provided by YouTube

05 Jun 2019 17:52 #26 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic ~COLOFORNIA~
The part about "outmigration" was my favorite. :flushsmiley

27 Sep 2019 08:57 #27 by DDawg
No wonder why more and more Democrats are changing their affiliation to pretty much anything else, the leadership keeps getting more and more retarded at the Federal AND State levels! This is Colofornia after all right? The people moving here - "Let's leave our craphole state that we can't stand any more, move over to this state, make it just as shitty and then hate ourselves some more."

And yes, I'll take my refund. As a matter of fact, take your proposal to rescind TABOR and use it to roll some more dope you jackasses! ROFLMAO

coloradosun.com/2019/09/26/the-democrati...how-to-pay-the-bill/

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds