DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally)

  • Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Posts: 2614
  • Thank you received: 43
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
homeagain created the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 11 Jan 2019 12:46 #1

www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/0...al-emergency/580105/
long, but worth the information provided......in essence Trump probably would NOT win this battle....he has proven to be a inefficent in his ability to present FACTUAL platforms and the court
would tend to view his previous credibility gaps as reason to DENY accepting the case.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Posts: 18743
  • Thank you received: 46
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
FredHayek replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 13 Jan 2019 10:13 #2

I don't support it being called a national emergency and don't understand why this border wall didn't get taken care of when the Republicans held the House, Senate, and White House. His pollsters had to realize the revitalized Dems were going to take back the House and they almost won the Senate.

Maybe this shutdown is just an attempt to divert people from focusing your attention on something else? Or is Donald too stupid to be thinking that way?


#35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Advisor
  • Mountain Advisor
  • Posts: 306
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
Brandon replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 16 Jan 2019 11:45 #3

He's too stupid to be thinking that way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Posts: 2614
  • Thank you received: 43
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
homeagain replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 18 Jan 2019 16:53 #4

homeagain wrote: www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/0...al-emergency/580105/
long, but worth the information provided......in essence Trump probably would NOT win this battle....he has proven to be a inefficent in his ability to present FACTUAL platforms and the court
would tend to view his previous credibility gaps as reason to DENY accepting the case.


BUMP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Posts: 18743
  • Thank you received: 46
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
FredHayek replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 18 Jan 2019 18:33 #5

President Trump is making a speech tomorrow. Will he declare the emergency? Or will he agree to sign the bill putting government workers back in their jobs. Leaks should start tonight.


#35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Posts: 2614
  • Thank you received: 43
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
homeagain replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 19 Jan 2019 07:36 #6

FredHayek wrote: President Trump is making a speech tomorrow. Will he declare the emergency? Or will he agree to sign the bill putting government workers back in their jobs. Leaks should start tonight.



MY educated guess ...he's going to push it to the courts.....because, after all , he is the king and the king is the ruler of the land. He will demand the money (which will NOT be nearly enough revenue to accomplish the project......WATCH THE VIEDO POSTED, and then tell me he knows what he is doing.....(NOT)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Posts: 2614
  • Thank you received: 43
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
homeagain replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 06 Feb 2019 15:32 #7

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: President Trump is making a speech tomorrow. Will he declare the emergency? Or will he agree to sign the bill putting government workers back in their jobs. Leaks should start tonight.



MY educated guess ...he's going to push it to the courts.....because, after all , he is the king and the king is the ruler of the land. He will demand the money (which will NOT be nearly enough revenue to accomplish the project......WATCH THE VIEDO POSTED, and then tell me he knows what he is doing.....(NOT)


Well, we are back to square one.....speech (SOTU) is completed and within that speech was A VEILED THREAT...….he will go for the declaration because he KNOWS that shutdown seriously damaged his stance....jmo......he WILL not win and Mitch McConnell is
seriously being challenged to change his mindset. We will see how many R'S start to find
their huevos…..(how about a bet?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Posts: 2614
  • Thank you received: 43
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
homeagain replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 10 Feb 2019 13:09 #8

UNLESS we have a miracle magically appear.....MONDAY is the true deadline to get this
done and thru the process by Friday......not looking like that will happen....as of this morning
the mess just missed the mark....talks are NON existent. SO-O-O here comes the declaration, court fight, imminent domain issues (those TEXANS are going to be really pissed
the government is attempting to take their land)…..showndown at the ok corral here we come

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Folk
  • Mountain Folk
  • Posts: 95
  • Thank you received: 10
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
parkcobound replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 11 Feb 2019 08:59 #9

I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't want the legal challenge. There is no agreement, but I think they all now know that a shut down makes them ALL look bad.... so Trump declares the emergency, it gets tied up in the court, which will likely outlast his term of office and in the end he gets to say he tried but the corrupt courts caused the problem..... Not sure all that would be HIS idea.... he of course would like to get his way, but if he can deflect blame .....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Mountain Legend
  • Mountain Legend
  • Posts: 2614
  • Thank you received: 43
  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
homeagain replied the topic: DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally) 11 Feb 2019 13:08 #10

parkcobound wrote: I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't want the legal challenge. There is no agreement, but I think they all now know that a shut down makes them ALL look bad.... so Trump declares the emergency, it gets tied up in the court, which will likely outlast his term of office and in the end he gets to say he tried but the corrupt courts caused the problem..... Not sure all that would be HIS idea.... he of course would like to get his way, but if he can deflect blame .....


JMO......of course he wants the court challenge....that's his M.O. DIVERSION.....because
his personal kingdom and family are on the chopping block and heads ARE going to roll.....
the axe is being positioned with precision.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

login here...

sponsors
© My Mountain Town      Site powered by C☆C☆S
Google+