DECLARATON of natl. emergency is dead in the water (legally)

11 Jan 2019 12:46 #1 by homeagain
www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/0...al-emergency/580105/
long, but worth the information provided......in essence Trump probably would NOT win this battle....he has proven to be a inefficent in his ability to present FACTUAL platforms and the court
would tend to view his previous credibility gaps as reason to DENY accepting the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2019 10:13 #2 by FredHayek
I don't support it being called a national emergency and don't understand why this border wall didn't get taken care of when the Republicans held the House, Senate, and White House. His pollsters had to realize the revitalized Dems were going to take back the House and they almost won the Senate.

Maybe this shutdown is just an attempt to divert people from focusing your attention on something else? Or is Donald too stupid to be thinking that way?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jan 2019 11:45 #3 by Brandon
He's too stupid to be thinking that way.

18 Jan 2019 16:53 #4 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/0...al-emergency/580105/
long, but worth the information provided......in essence Trump probably would NOT win this battle....he has proven to be a inefficent in his ability to present FACTUAL platforms and the court
would tend to view his previous credibility gaps as reason to DENY accepting the case.

BUMP

18 Jan 2019 18:33 #5 by FredHayek
President Trump is making a speech tomorrow. Will he declare the emergency? Or will he agree to sign the bill putting government workers back in their jobs. Leaks should start tonight.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2019 07:36 #6 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: President Trump is making a speech tomorrow. Will he declare the emergency? Or will he agree to sign the bill putting government workers back in their jobs. Leaks should start tonight.

MY educated guess ...he's going to push it to the courts.....because, after all , he is the king and the king is the ruler of the land. He will demand the money (which will NOT be nearly enough revenue to accomplish the project......WATCH THE VIEDO POSTED, and then tell me he knows what he is doing.....(NOT)

06 Feb 2019 15:32 #7 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: President Trump is making a speech tomorrow. Will he declare the emergency? Or will he agree to sign the bill putting government workers back in their jobs. Leaks should start tonight.

MY educated guess ...he's going to push it to the courts.....because, after all , he is the king and the king is the ruler of the land. He will demand the money (which will NOT be nearly enough revenue to accomplish the project......WATCH THE VIEDO POSTED, and then tell me he knows what he is doing.....(NOT)

Well, we are back to square one.....speech (SOTU) is completed and within that speech was A VEILED THREAT...….he will go for the declaration because he KNOWS that shutdown seriously damaged his stance....jmo......he WILL not win and Mitch McConnell is
seriously being challenged to change his mindset. We will see how many R'S start to find
their huevos…..(how about a bet?)

10 Feb 2019 13:09 #8 by homeagain
UNLESS we have a miracle magically appear.....MONDAY is the true deadline to get this
done and thru the process by Friday......not looking like that will happen....as of this morning
the mess just missed the mark....talks are NON existent. SO-O-O here comes the declaration, court fight, imminent domain issues (those TEXANS are going to be really pissed
the government is attempting to take their land)…..showndown at the ok corral here we come

11 Feb 2019 08:59 #9 by parkcobound
I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't want the legal challenge. There is no agreement, but I think they all now know that a shut down makes them ALL look bad.... so Trump declares the emergency, it gets tied up in the court, which will likely outlast his term of office and in the end he gets to say he tried but the corrupt courts caused the problem..... Not sure all that would be HIS idea.... he of course would like to get his way, but if he can deflect blame .....

11 Feb 2019 13:08 #10 by homeagain

parkcobound wrote: I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't want the legal challenge. There is no agreement, but I think they all now know that a shut down makes them ALL look bad.... so Trump declares the emergency, it gets tied up in the court, which will likely outlast his term of office and in the end he gets to say he tried but the corrupt courts caused the problem..... Not sure all that would be HIS idea.... he of course would like to get his way, but if he can deflect blame .....

JMO......of course he wants the court challenge....that's his M.O. DIVERSION.....because
his personal kingdom and family are on the chopping block and heads ARE going to roll.....
the axe is being positioned with precision.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds