GROUNDING a bad bird

09 Nov 2020 08:01 #51 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic GROUNDING a bad bird
thehill.com/policy/transportation/aviati...ing-737-max-training

STILL NO FIX.....training is too little, too late.....AND IT IS THE HOLIDAYS AGAIN.....U trust the MAX?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2020 10:45 #52 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote: PER WSJ...….a 2nd software problem has been discovered.....UNRELATED to the 1st.

BOEING is basically fubared now. jmo

/www.thisisinsider.com/ethiopian-airlines-boeing-737-max-crash-575mph-32ft-crater-2019-4

To REALLY review the results of BOEING OPTING FOR $$$$ over reputation, here is the
horrific and horribly sad depiction of the doomed flight....I HOPE EVERYONE OF THE CEO'S
are required to visit the ''grave site''.

RECAP....plunged at a 45 degree angle,doing 575 mph. CREATED A CRATER 32 ft and
passengers were WEIGHTLESS because of negative G......CREW DID EVERYTHING
RIGHT AND WERE FULLY TRAINED....[/quote

ONE YEAR LATER....pilots are STILL stating flight sim inadequate....REREAD THE PREVIOUS
PARAGRAPH.......YEA, THAT'S the way I would want to go out....(not)

19 Nov 2020 16:33 #53 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic GROUNDING a bad bird
WSJ says that Boeing has approval to fly the Max again. I am not as worried as you. The only crashes happened on foreign airlines and they had bought the stripped versions. If anything, American pilots flying the 737Max are probably going to be much more vigilant and careful because of the plane's reputation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Nov 2020 16:38 #54 by FredHayek
Sidebar: I never worry about flying on modern airliners. I wasn't even worried flying in a helicopter during a snowstorm to Alaska's Mendenhall glacier. And an old hunting buddy of mine flew a World War II DC-3 over Omaha Beach a couple year's ago. An 80 year old aircraft going over the Atlantic. It had flown on the original D-Day and it was cool that he flew the old bird back there decades later. That would scare me a little more than a 737Max.

19 Nov 2020 16:42 #55 by FredHayek
About ten years ago, I got to fly in a WWII B-24 bomber on the Front Range. Awesome to wave out of the machine gun ports as we flew close to the ground. But gave me new respect for those bomber crews, flying in a very thin skinned plane loaded up with big fuel tanks and thousands of pounds of high explosive.

21 Nov 2020 12:19 - 21 Nov 2020 12:24 #56 by homeagain
SO-O.... my take. Is pilot VFR RATED AND IFR also.....my PAST SIL (and her then husband) owned a
small air service comp in Alaska (Servant air)....which serviced the outer villages and "bush"...he OVER
estimated his ability and UNDER estimated a storm coming in.....slammed into the mountain because
of conditions...most pilots have that 'inner,gut feeling"... the "SULLY'S of aviation. In Alaska,there R
many bushpilots,because THAT is the ONLY mode of transport.

SIDE BAR...lots of private planes coming from other states "attempt" to navigate the "DIVIDE"....seems
like alot don't understand mountain flying and Altitude...at least, that is what I have witnessed in the
some 50 years on the Front Range.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds