GROUNDING a bad bird

21 Mar 2019 11:37 #11 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic GROUNDING a bad bird
time.com/5552076/boeing-737-crash-trump-boeing/

CONNECTING THE DOTS...…..Boeing,Shanahan,FAA,TRUMP…...A COZY CORRELATION
OF COMPLICITY …...jmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2019 15:08 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic GROUNDING a bad bird

homeagain wrote: www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/201...lout-d-c/3146037002/

The back story to this bird......begs the question......do you REALLY trust your airlines ability to put safety OVER $$$$$?

Well, yes I do. They put safety first because of the money, not despite it. Same thing goes for anyone who sells a product or performs a service. If a company wants to compete in a competitive market, they can't sell products or provide services that kill people, lest they find themselves going bankrupt in a quick hurry. Statistics don't lie Home, you're much safer on a US plane than you are in a car.

The all mighty government is a different story... they can provide crappy healthcare to our vets, cause unnecessary deaths, and still continue to function at a sub par level since there is no accountability or competition. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Mar 2019 16:32 #13 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/201...lout-d-c/3146037002/

The back story to this bird......begs the question......do you REALLY trust your airlines ability to put safety OVER $$$$$?

Well, yes I do. They put safety first because of the money, not despite it. Same thing goes for anyone who sells a product or performs a service. If a company wants to compete in a competitive market, they can't sell products or provide services that kill people, lest they find themselves going bankrupt in a quick hurry. Statistics don't lie Home, you're much safer on a US plane than you are in a car.

The all mighty government is a different story... they can provide crappy healthcare to our vets, cause unnecessary deaths, and still continue to function at a sub par level since there is no accountability or competition. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

Just a quick question.....is the FAA part of the gov.? Did the FAA farm out the oversight of a BOEING PLANE to Boeing? Did BOEING opt to charge extra $$$ for safety options,did
BOEING explain or disclose that fact....that the options should have been MANDATORY OR
STANDARD on the plane....did BOEING/ANY AIRLINE provide additional training for the
add on/amended parts (inadequate training/non disclosure by BOEING) Is BOEING
a company that competes in the aviation industry?......Your logic does NOT compute...jmo

24 Mar 2019 10:29 #14 by homeagain
www.wsj.com/articles/prosecutors-in-737-...ustomers-11553297630

It appears BOEING is going to have to explain their decisions.....$$$$ over safety?

26 Mar 2019 13:02 #15 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

The back story to this bird......begs the question......do you REALLY trust your airlines ability to put safety OVER $$$$$?[/quote]Well, yes I do. They put safety first because of the money, not despite it. Same thing goes for anyone who sells a product or performs a service. If a company wants to compete in a competitive market, they can't sell products or provide services that kill people, lest they find themselves going bankrupt in a quick hurry. Statistics don't lie Home, you're much safer on a US plane than you are in a car.

www.cnn.com/2019/03/25/opinions/pilot-bo...ust-abend/index.html

PILOTS no longer trust Boeing......it's going to be a LONG summer season for flying....because their product has been pulled.....LESS flights available till the fleet can be
certified it is SAFE.....njmo WAIT for the video on the side, pilots had 40 SECONDS to
rectify the error....before catastrophic results.....pretty pathetic for a prolific company like
Boeing....

26 Mar 2019 16:47 #16 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

Just a quick question.....is the FAA part of the gov.? Did the FAA farm out the oversight of a BOEING PLANE to Boeing? Did BOEING opt to charge extra $$$ for safety options,did
BOEING explain or disclose that fact....that the options should have been MANDATORY OR
STANDARD on the plane....did BOEING/ANY AIRLINE provide additional training for the
add on/amended parts (inadequate training/non disclosure by BOEING) Is BOEING
a company that competes in the aviation industry?......Your logic does NOT compute...jmo

My point is that it is always in the best interest of any company to provide safe products and services, despite what agencies watch over them. If the FAA was so perfect, how could there ever be any kind of accident due to faulty or poorly engineered equipment? Companies are much more concerned about safety than some government bureaucrat because the company has it's very existence on the line where as the government does not.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Mar 2019 17:02 #17 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

The back story to this bird......begs the question......do you REALLY trust your airlines ability to put safety OVER $$$$$?[/quote]Well, yes I do. They put safety first because of the money, not despite it. Same thing goes for anyone who sells a product or performs a service. If a company wants to compete in a competitive market, they can't sell products or provide services that kill people, lest they find themselves going bankrupt in a quick hurry. Statistics don't lie Home, you're much safer on a US plane than you are in a car.

www.cnn.com/2019/03/25/opinions/pilot-bo...ust-abend/index.html

PILOTS no longer trust Boeing......it's going to be a LONG summer season for flying....because their product has been pulled.....LESS flights available till the fleet can be
certified it is SAFE.....njmo WAIT for the video on the side, pilots had 40 SECONDS to
rectify the error....before catastrophic results.....pretty pathetic for a prolific company like
Boeing....

Yes. and it is up to Boeing to fix the problem, which they will do or they will go under. Look at examples in the auto industry... Ford built Pinto's which blew up when hit in the rear. Today Ford is stronger than ever but there will always be weaknesses in every design and there's really no way for government to foresee possible problems with those designs until the problem harms or kills someone. Government is always there after an incident to penalize, but they are rarely ever there to prevent a flaw that can result in a tragedy.

George Orwell

27 Mar 2019 13:18 #18 by homeagain
www.cnbc.com/2019/03/27/boeing-unveils-7...lanes-are-safer.html

SIX to TWELVE weeks before 737's are at FULL flight status....and can be airborne again.

HEARINGS sessions right now to REALLY understand why BOEING OPTED TO certify this craft when it was NOT safe....the fixes they are finalizing SHOULD have been within the FIRST
certification

(just as a sidenote...WHY IS IT OK FOR THE KING TO USE CAPS IN HIS TWEETS?????)

28 Mar 2019 08:43 #19 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic GROUNDING a bad bird
OK doom and gloom people, you can choose to stay earthbound since "Trump is sabotaging air travel". I will continue to fly. It really is still much safer than driving, but much more of a hassle with TSA and airlines that want to nickel and dime you per sip of Coke.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Mar 2019 07:28 #20 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2019/03/29/africa/ethiopian-...ture-intl/index.html

Per BOEING......''nothing to concern us, during several audits''......YET ,the PILOTS have
deemed it dubious and will NOT fly it till RECERTIFIED.....there is a decided DISconnect here.
it took 24 attempted dives before the disaster....yes, this is early into the process,but DENY,DENY,DENY seems to always be the stance, then acquiescing.jmo

Fred, I GUESS you are more gutsy than the professionals.....

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds