GROUNDING a bad bird

29 Mar 2019 07:43 #21 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic GROUNDING a bad bird

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/201...lout-d-c/3146037002/

The back story to this bird......begs the question......do you REALLY trust your airlines ability to put safety OVER $$$$$?

Well, yes I do. They put safety first because of the money, not despite it. Same thing goes for anyone who sells a product or performs a service. If a company wants to compete in a competitive market, they can't sell products or provide services that kill people, lest they find themselves going bankrupt in a quick hurry. Statistics don't lie Home, you're much safer on a US plane than you are in a car.

The all mighty government is a different story... they can provide crappy healthcare to our vets, cause unnecessary deaths, and still continue to function at a sub par level since there is no accountability or competition. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

Just a quick question.....is the FAA part of the gov.? Did the FAA farm out the oversight of a BOEING PLANE to Boeing? Did BOEING opt to charge extra $$$ for safety options,did
BOEING explain or disclose that fact....that the options should have been MANDATORY OR
STANDARD on the plane....did BOEING/ANY AIRLINE provide additional training for the
add on/amended parts (inadequate training/non disclosure by BOEING) Is BOEING
a company that competes in the aviation industry?......Your logic does NOT compute...jmo

My point is that it is always in the best interest of any company to provide safe products and services, despite what agencies watch over them. If the FAA was so perfect, how could there ever be any kind of accident due to faulty or poorly engineered equipment? Companies are much more concerned about safety than some government bureaucrat because the company has it's very existence on the line where as the government does not.

[/b]

BOLDED.....you are totally missing the narrative of the problem....FAA FARMED OUT
OR SUB CONTRACTEDTHIS CERTIFICATION BACK TO BOEING.....BOEING,NOT THE FAA WAS TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DECISION TO RELEASE A FAULTY/INSUFFCIENT TESTING OF THE PLANE.....BECAUSE OF $$$$….READ THE ENTIRE THREAD TO GRASP THE GRAVITY OF WHAT OCCURRED AND YESI AM SHOUTING BECAUSE OF THE APPARENT LACK OF UNDERSTANDING AFTER
A PRETTY SPECIFIC NARRATIVE.....omg...please read and think BEFORE you post...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2019 10:04 #22 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic GROUNDING a bad bird

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/201...lout-d-c/3146037002/

The back story to this bird......begs the question......do you REALLY trust your airlines ability to put safety OVER $$$$$?

Well, yes I do. They put safety first because of the money, not despite it. Same thing goes for anyone who sells a product or performs a service. If a company wants to compete in a competitive market, they can't sell products or provide services that kill people, lest they find themselves going bankrupt in a quick hurry. Statistics don't lie Home, you're much safer on a US plane than you are in a car.

The all mighty government is a different story... they can provide crappy healthcare to our vets, cause unnecessary deaths, and still continue to function at a sub par level since there is no accountability or competition. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

Just a quick question.....is the FAA part of the gov.? Did the FAA farm out the oversight of a BOEING PLANE to Boeing? Did BOEING opt to charge extra $$$ for safety options,did
BOEING explain or disclose that fact....that the options should have been MANDATORY OR
STANDARD on the plane....did BOEING/ANY AIRLINE provide additional training for the
add on/amended parts (inadequate training/non disclosure by BOEING) Is BOEING
a company that competes in the aviation industry?......Your logic does NOT compute...jmo

My point is that it is always in the best interest of any company to provide safe products and services, despite what agencies watch over them. If the FAA was so perfect, how could there ever be any kind of accident due to faulty or poorly engineered equipment? Companies are much more concerned about safety than some government bureaucrat because the company has it's very existence on the line where as the government does not.

[/b]

BOLDED.....you are totally missing the narrative of the problem....FAA FARMED OUT
OR SUB CONTRACTEDTHIS CERTIFICATION BACK TO BOEING.....BOEING,NOT THE FAA WAS TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DECISION TO RELEASE A FAULTY/INSUFFCIENT TESTING OF THE PLANE.....BECAUSE OF $$$$….READ THE ENTIRE THREAD TO GRASP THE GRAVITY OF WHAT OCCURRED AND YESI AM SHOUTING BECAUSE OF THE APPARENT LACK OF UNDERSTANDING AFTER
A PRETTY SPECIFIC NARRATIVE.....omg...please read and think BEFORE you post...

Have you ever gone through a government bureau audit of your business? We go through FDA ones all the time. They try to act like they know what they are doing but they never understand the technology as well as the people building it and using it. Hence, why the FAA let Boeing set the certification process.
This was even happening in the 1970's. My FIL, who worked for Nutone consumer products, helped set up the Canadian Standards for consumer products. Better to have people in the industry writing the regulations than government bureaucrats without the proper degrees and experience.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Mar 2019 10:46 #23 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic GROUNDING a bad bird
I'm actually going to break with long standing tradition and side with HA on this one. There should be oversight by the FAA. This should NEVER be farmed back to the manufacturer for obvious conflict of interest reasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

29 Mar 2019 11:45 #24 by homeagain
Our vac was cancelled (vet surg) and the weather is coming in over here....S-O-O, here I am
ATTEMPTING to understand posters pov…..back in the day,when INTEGRITY was a integrated thought process,$$$$ over everything else was NOT the only consideration. It
is now the opposite...jmo

THIS scenario is such a striking example of what is wrong with our society....PERDUE PHARM
is shelling out millions of dollars for their complicity in the drug NON disclosure of their ''new''
pain killer that was promoted as SAFE and effective in pain management. THEY are the ground zero of the epidemic and THEY KNEW when they sent reps. to doctor's offices and
sold a deal, that the drug was addictive.

As I stated before, to SC, the implanted medical device industry is/has been doing the EXACT thing that BOEING has done.....they are pushing thru NEW devices and presenting them as the same as before....circumventing the FDA regs. THEY are now in courts over the ramifications of repair/readmissions and irreparable harm done to patients. As an educated consumer,I am appalled at the blatant DISREGARD for consumer safety.

29 Mar 2019 12:17 #25 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic GROUNDING a bad bird
Please help me HA what do you mean by the statement "when INTEGRITY was a integrated thought process,". Sorry but I do not understand that statement.
With regard to your comment about Perdue Pharma: "
...is shelling out millions of dollars for their complicity in the drug NON disclosure of their ''new''
pain killer that was promoted as SAFE and effective in pain management. THEY are the ground zero of the epidemic and THEY KNEW when they sent reps. to doctor's offices and
sold a deal, that the drug was addictive."
All MD's know that opiates have the potential for addiction. That is one of the factors weighed in prescribing opiates. If your MD does not know this, I suggest you hand him your cell phone so that he can call his medical school and get his tuition money back.
Perhaps Brandon, the Pompous will object by saying that I am off topic, however I am responding to your statements.

29 Mar 2019 12:30 #26 by homeagain
www.vox.com/business-and-finance/2019/3/...aa-scandal-explained

A PRIMER for a plane disaster...….$$$$$$ first and foremost

29 Mar 2019 13:00 #27 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Please help me HA what do you mean by the statement "when INTEGRITY was a integrated thought process,". Sorry but I do not understand that statement.
With regard to your comment about Perdue Pharma: "
...is shelling out millions of dollars for their complicity in the drug NON disclosure of their ''new''
sold a deal, that the drug was addictive."
All MD's know that opiates have the potential for addiction. That is one of the factors weighed in prescribing opiates. If your MD does not know this, I suggest you hand him your cell phone so that he can call his medical school and get his tuition money back.
Perhaps Brandon, the Pompous will object by saying that I am off topic, however I am responding to your statements.

1st bolded....oh, I think you KNOW what I mean.....look no further than the king's M.O.
2nd bolded....PRUDUE LIED, saying it was one of the safest on the market...remember it
was the 90's I believe, I'd have to research that date...correct me if I am in error.

29 Mar 2019 16:58 #28 by ramage
Sorry, but I do not KNOW what you mean, please explain "INTEGRITY was a integrated thought process".

29 Mar 2019 18:37 #29 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Sorry, but I do not KNOW what you mean, please explain "INTEGRITY was a integrated thought process".

OK.....I will play your mindgame.

INTEGRITY.....quality of honest,strong moral principle.
INTERGRATED.....cohesive, assimilated, unified, homogenous,coherent

29 Mar 2019 19:03 #30 by ramage
i am not playing a mind game. What you have offered means that integrity is assimilated. My question, by whom?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds