Jussie Smollet: 16 Felony Charges For Falsifying A Hate Crime

27 Mar 2019 09:27 #1 by FredHayek
Yesterday all those charges went away and were sealed. The investigation was shut down and the alleged hoaxer didn't even have to do community service or even go on probation. The suspicion is that Jussie is a friend of Michelle Obama and she applied influence to get the case to disappear. Good to know wealth and privilege can still get you a special kind of justice.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2019 10:03 - 27 Mar 2019 10:09 #2 by ScienceChic
Obama?? Absolutely everything I read about this yesterday had not one single reference to the Obamas in this situation. Got any sources for that?

Rahm Emanuel and the Chicago PD are pissed. There should be an inquiry into the prosecutor who made the decision and review of the case.

Jussie Smollett Prosecutor Says, ‘I Do Not Believe He Is Innocent’ After Charges Dropped

Edit to add:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

27 Mar 2019 10:19 #3 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: Yesterday all those charges went away and were sealed. The investigation was shut down and the alleged hoaxer didn't even have to do community service or even go on probation. The suspicion is that Jussie is a friend of Michelle Obama and she applied influence to get the case to disappear. Good to know wealth and privilege can still get you a special kind of justice.

Anybody else see the illogic here?

27 Mar 2019 10:29 #4 by Pony Soldier
www.usatoday.com/story/life/2019/03/13/j...tigation/3156693002/

The Obamas tried to get the case handed off to their(still loyal) FBI.

27 Mar 2019 10:32 #5 by hillfarmer
Yet another conspiracy theory raises it's head. I see the far right still can't get over the most popular man in America.

27 Mar 2019 10:38 #6 by Pony Soldier
It's USA Today?? Far right??? I think not.

27 Mar 2019 10:46 - 27 Mar 2019 10:49 #7 by Pony Soldier
nvm - was trying to post an image but this format isn't very user friendly.

27 Mar 2019 10:52 #8 by Brandon

towermonkey wrote: It's USA Today?? Far right??? I think not.

The article doesn't support your insane conclusions.

27 Mar 2019 10:58 #9 by Pony Soldier
The article clearly states that Michelle Obama's Chief of Staff sent messages to Kim Foxx trying to get the case moved to the FBI. That sounds an awful lot like obstruction of justice to me.

27 Mar 2019 11:13 #10 by Brandon
In reality, Michelle Obama no longer has a chief of staff.
In reality, the article says that the request came from Smollett's family because they thought the FBI would better prevent leaks.
Reality is not a happy place for you.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds