Joe Biden's #metoo Past Crimes?

02 Apr 2019 07:51 #11 by homeagain
With this many candidates (on the D's side), I would like to see some R's stepping up.....

Altho Biden has extreme experience, within the political pool, I would like to see a YOUNGER candidate make a REAL run. Biden is my age,and I believe NEW BLOOD is mandatory at this point in history. STILL, reviewing the D'S, BUT Beto and Harris are building a base.....slowly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Apr 2019 12:51 #12 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: With this many candidates (on the D's side), I would like to see some R's stepping up.....

Altho Biden has extreme experience, within the political pool, I would like to see a YOUNGER candidate make a REAL run. Biden is my age,and I believe NEW BLOOD is mandatory at this point in history. STILL, reviewing the D'S, BUT Beto and Harris are building a base.....slowly.

Mitt Romney has to be thinking about making a play. I saw that Hillary Clinton announced yesterday, but then realized it had to be an April Fool's joke!

Even funnier than that, former FBI head James Comey is hinting he might run as a moderate choice, don't know if he would run as a Republican or Democrat or Independent. He has probably pissed people off in every party.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Apr 2019 13:12 #13 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: ...Even funnier than that, former FBI head James Comey is hinting he might run as a moderate choice...

April Fool's Day is always a rough one for you, isn't it?

02 Apr 2019 15:32 #14 by parkcobound
No one is going to elect Hilary or James Comey and they have to know that! Biden, minus the recent reports (and I do only find 2 accusers and one of them said she would still vote for him for president ? ) he seems like a thoughtful, intelligent person who has the potential of getting along with folks from both sides of the isle. but I have to say, his age does concern me. I really wished he had run instead of Hilary last time.... Some of the other major contenders have things I like about their current message.... others I know less than nothing about other than what ever got them to center stage for their 5 min. of fame.... and I really think that as time goes on, some of them will drop out. I actually like Hickenlooper to a certain degree. Mitt Romney certainly has his pros and cons too. Beto.... umm, well, I do not hate him I just have a hard time taking him seriously and I think everyone else will too and this is no job for someone who just doesn't like the status quo.
Bernie yells too much. Millennials love him.... my sons included, though I'm not sure why. One of my boys is college graduate with a degree in psychology, works as a liquor distributor, pot smoker, 30 something that just in the last 2 years finally decided actually having a physical address with "stuff" and a steady girlfriend might be ok. the younger one has been Mr. Wilson since he was about 14 years old, self described techy, fixed peoples computers in high school for money with no training what so ever, degree in communications, crappy job he hates, mortgage, 2 cars one of which is always broke down, bitchy wife who doesn't do much but complain and a 5 year old who's more like me (way to onery for his own good) than I will ever admit to any of them. So two TOTALLY different people really 3 years apart in age, both early 30s, and all of their friends - and they all think Bernie is great. He also is old. He also has good and bad attributes, but honestly my real problem with Bernie has more to do with him getting along than anything else. Hilary Clinton, say what you will about her, was quite qualified to do the job - but I can't stand her, she is too polarizing. I did vote for her - due in part to the fact that I thought she would be slightly less polarizing than Trump and because I think Trump is a liar, way to self inflated, and had way less experience. Many people voted for him because he was not the status quo - which I totally understand..... our government, particularly at the federal level is ripe with .... well it stinks anyway.

It will be very interesting to see who else jumps in the pool and who throws in the towel before things get serious. I do hope the pool does not stay as full as it is right now.

this is an interesting article and I think it has some merit. I know there are too many for me to keep straight ;) www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/...ic-candidates-226462
If you don't want to read it all - here is a gem: "Those most engaged in the process – hardcore Democratic primary voters – will kick the tires for so long that they’ll start complaining that their toes hurt. Those who do decide are even likelier than normal to default to the best-known candidates, making it harder for the candidates now polling in the single digits to break out of the pack despite their credentials and media coverage. Voters are already creating mental shortcuts to sort out all the options, grouping them by race, sex, ideology, and perceived chances of winning, using heuristics to mentally shrink the field."

03 Apr 2019 14:44 #15 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote:

FredHayek wrote: ...Even funnier than that, former FBI head James Comey is hinting he might run as a moderate choice...

No, you really need to check out the man's Twitter feed. This has been going on for weeks, not just one day.

03 Apr 2019 14:47 #16 by FredHayek
Wow! A huge number of liberal women are coming out to defend VP Joe Biden's hands on approach. They feel comfortable with his attentions. Maybe he will weather the storm.

03 Apr 2019 14:48 #17 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

Brandon wrote:

No, you really need to check out the man's Twitter feed. This has been going on for weeks, not just one day.

A moderate REPUBLICAN?

03 Apr 2019 15:32 #18 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: No, you really need to check out the man's Twitter feed. This has been going on for weeks, not just one day.

His Twitter feed says it's a prank.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/ele...resident/3334878002/

04 Apr 2019 09:10 #19 by FredHayek
No one is going to elect Hilary or James Comey? I bet you also thought no one was going to elect Donald Trump! I have witnessed lots of campaigns and this new strategy of 20 people running for the nomination is changing things. This way you don't need to grab a majority, just a solid base. I honestly think Hillary could get 20-30% of the vote. That would be enough to wait out the uinder funded newbies opposing her. Many people think she got screwed in 2016 and would help her get revenge against the Donald.

parkcobound wrote: No one is going to elect Hilary or James Comey and they have to know that! Biden, minus the recent reports (and I do only find 2 accusers and one of them said she would still vote for him for president ? ) he seems like a thoughtful, intelligent person who has the potential of getting along with folks from both sides of the isle. but I have to say, his age does concern me. I really wished he had run instead of Hilary last time.... Some of the other major contenders have things I like about their current message.... others I know less than nothing about other than what ever got them to center stage for their 5 min. of fame.... and I really think that as time goes on, some of them will drop out. I actually like Hickenlooper to a certain degree. Mitt Romney certainly has his pros and cons too. Beto.... umm, well, I do not hate him I just have a hard time taking him seriously and I think everyone else will too and this is no job for someone who just doesn't like the status quo.
Bernie yells too much. Millennials love him.... my sons included, though I'm not sure why. One of my boys is college graduate with a degree in psychology, works as a liquor distributor, pot smoker, 30 something that just in the last 2 years finally decided actually having a physical address with "stuff" and a steady girlfriend might be ok. the younger one has been Mr. Wilson since he was about 14 years old, self described techy, fixed peoples computers in high school for money with no training what so ever, degree in communications, crappy job he hates, mortgage, 2 cars one of which is always broke down, bitchy wife who doesn't do much but complain and a 5 year old who's more like me (way to onery for his own good) than I will ever admit to any of them. So two TOTALLY different people really 3 years apart in age, both early 30s, and all of their friends - and they all think Bernie is great. He also is old. He also has good and bad attributes, but honestly my real problem with Bernie has more to do with him getting along than anything else. Hilary Clinton, say what you will about her, was quite qualified to do the job - but I can't stand her, she is too polarizing. I did vote for her - due in part to the fact that I thought she would be slightly less polarizing than Trump and because I think Trump is a liar, way to self inflated, and had way less experience. Many people voted for him because he was not the status quo - which I totally understand..... our government, particularly at the federal level is ripe with .... well it stinks anyway.

It will be very interesting to see who else jumps in the pool and who throws in the towel before things get serious. I do hope the pool does not stay as full as it is right now.

this is an interesting article and I think it has some merit. I know there are too many for me to keep straight ;) www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/...ic-candidates-226462
If you don't want to read it all - here is a gem: "Those most engaged in the process – hardcore Democratic primary voters – will kick the tires for so long that they’ll start complaining that their toes hurt. Those who do decide are even likelier than normal to default to the best-known candidates, making it harder for the candidates now polling in the single digits to break out of the pack despite their credentials and media coverage. Voters are already creating mental shortcuts to sort out all the options, grouping them by race, sex, ideology, and perceived chances of winning, using heuristics to mentally shrink the field."

04 Apr 2019 09:30 #20 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: No one is going to elect Hilary or James Comey?

No. Because they're not going to run.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds