What Sources Do You Trust?

06 May 2019 10:26 #31 by homeagain
What you fail to realize is this.....the R's and their aides HIGHLY DICOURAGED the king about
his DESIRE to fire Mueller.....POLITICAL SUICIDE, but the king, being his egocentric self, ATTEMPTED to circumvent that suggestion...in the end, he was thwarted, but not because he
was intelligent enough to realize the jeopardy,rather ORDERS WERE NOT CARRIED OUT OR
WERE IGNORED....they saved his ass. (as did MANY WHO KNEW WHAT SHIT WOULD HAPPEN IF ORDERS WERE EXECUTED)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2019 11:45 #32 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic What Sources Do You Trust?

homeagain wrote: What you fail to realize is this.....the R's and their aides HIGHLY DICOURAGED the king about
his DESIRE to fire Mueller.....POLITICAL SUICIDE, but the king, being his egocentric self, ATTEMPTED to circumvent that suggestion...in the end, he was thwarted, but not because he
was intelligent enough to realize the jeopardy,rather ORDERS WERE NOT CARRIED OUT OR
WERE IGNORED....they saved his ass. (as did MANY WHO KNEW WHAT SHIT WOULD HAPPEN IF ORDERS WERE EXECUTED)

President Trump (your king) didn't need anyone to fire Mueller,he could have done it himself. What you people fail to remember is that Trump DID NOT collude with Russia, therefore he knew he was innocent and he knew this whole thing was just a way to derail his agenda, at the very least. These scumbags figured they would find something, even if they knew he didn't collude, which Mueller probably knew a year ago.

Trump has been saying things that the left would call "political suicide" since he began running for president, yet he keeps getting things done and his poll numbers are about the same as Obama's were at this same time of Obama's presidency. Obviously his critics haven't gotten much right because they are too blinded by their hatred to understand his unconventional tactics. Pretty funny if you ask me.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 May 2019 11:58 #33 by ScienceChic
If he's so innocent, why doesn't he want Mueller or Don McGahn testifying before Congress? For a man who claims that the report exonerates him, he should have no issues with it being discussed in a Congressional hearing; lord knows Republicans didn't have any reservations about dragging Hilary to the Hill to testify for 11 hours straight, or in opening multiple investigations into her. :huh:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 May 2019 12:55 - 06 May 2019 12:56 #34 by Pony Soldier

Brandon wrote:

towermonkey wrote: (and no Brandon, I will not do your homework for you)

Translation: "I'm not going to provide any support for my argument! That's YOUR job!"

lol sorry buddy, but my job is being an engineer. Your assignment, should you chose to accept it, is to do some research on "Mueller Weismann ethical problems" . You can plug that right into google or duck duck go and see a nice list of issues with these paragons of integrity. Don't get me wrong.I don't think Trump is any kind of shining virtuous example for children, but that doesn't make him guilty of crimes and he still has rights. We, as Americans, are supposed to be protected from unwarranted searches and seizures. This investigation and ensuing report was conducted and summarized as an investigation in search of a crime. That would be illegal if it happened to a democrat. I guess you guys think its okay since it happened to someone you don't like. I'll go so far as to make one of HA's vague predictions.
Indictments WILL start dropping soon and it won't be who you are expecting to get indicted.

06 May 2019 13:06 #35 by Pony Soldier

ScienceChic wrote: If he's so innocent, why doesn't he want Mueller or Don McGahn testifying before Congress? For a man who claims that the report exonerates him, he should have no issues with it being discussed in a Congressional hearing; lord knows Republicans didn't have any reservations about dragging Hilary to the Hill to testify for 11 hours straight, or in opening multiple investigations into her. :huh:

Possibly because congress has repeatedly echoed the chant "impeach fawty five" to the point where any cooperation with those hacks is going to be used to bludgeon him repeatedly with. I wouldn't cooperate. Its over. They need to accept that fact and move on or get out of the way. Hillary was questioned by congress about her role as SoS and the debacle that she was in charge of in Benghazi. That's a bit different but does bring up and interesting point. When she was interviewed by the FBI regarding the email server, she was not sworn in, had a room full of lawyers and was interviewed by Peter Strzok. She committed multiple documented felonies and the FBI looked the other way. Seems a bit odd that she got that kind of treatment while Trump got treated to a good old fashioned lynching followed by the trial.....

06 May 2019 13:21 #36 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic What Sources Do You Trust?

towermonkey wrote: Your assignment, should you chose to accept it, is to do some research on "Mueller Weismann ethical problems" .

I'll think I'll just toss that into the same garbage can that your claims about Lincoln's inaugural address went into.

07 May 2019 12:06 #37 by Rick

towermonkey wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: If he's so innocent, why doesn't he want Mueller or Don McGahn testifying before Congress? For a man who claims that the report exonerates him, he should have no issues with it being discussed in a Congressional hearing; lord knows Republicans didn't have any reservations about dragging Hilary to the Hill to testify for 11 hours straight, or in opening multiple investigations into her. :huh:

Possibly because congress has repeatedly echoed the chant "impeach fawty five" to the point where any cooperation with those hacks is going to be used to bludgeon him repeatedly with. I wouldn't cooperate. Its over. They need to accept that fact and move on or get out of the way. Hillary was questioned by congress about her role as SoS and the debacle that she was in charge of in Benghazi. That's a bit different but does bring up and interesting point. When she was interviewed by the FBI regarding the email server, she was not sworn in, had a room full of lawyers and was interviewed by Peter Strzok. She committed multiple documented felonies and the FBI looked the other way. Seems a bit odd that she got that kind of treatment while Trump got treated to a good old fashioned lynching followed by the trial.....

Exactly right.. compare General Flynn's "crime" to Hillary;s and it's not even close. Hillary was investigated by her advocates while those same biased scumbags were in charge of trying to undo an election. The denial of facts by the left is stunning, and scary.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 May 2019 11:54 #38 by ScienceChic
Regarding the topic at hand and the sources I trust: Rick asked this question and I answered it already over a year ago, but I will add others. Notice that aside from the first four, and the government accounts, almost all of the rest of are individuals - i.e. independent sources. People who are lawyers, former ambassadors, former generals/military/NSA/FBI, regular citizen journalists, academia, writers. No MSNBC, no CNN, no NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX/NY Times/Washington Post, though there are certainly some good journalists at each (not all, some). What many of those people in that list above share with you is open contempt for the lousy job that the MSM has been doing. You have that in common, why not consider their viewpoints with an open mind? If the MSM and those who are not associated with any MSM are not good enough for you, just who would you consider an acceptable source?

If you dare to open your mind further, I challenge you to read Everything Trump Touches Dies by Rick Wilson. He's a Republican who spent his career helping Republicans get elected - he was the guy they called in to do the PR campaigns and advertising. He even helped Rudy Guiliani's campaign once. He is the furthest thing from a liberal Democrat you can find, and in his book he first describes how politics works in Washington (and it'll turn your stomach), the key players, and he even has a chapter on the media. And this is a quote from that chapter:

"Yes, the mainstream media often deserves a kick in the ass so hard they would reach orbital velocity for their professional missteps, insularity, ideological blinders, vast self-regard, and occasional outright malice against conservatives. However, as a justification for every one of Trump's failings, reveling in their misery falls wildly short of the mark. A movement that once took pride in its intellectual rigor and was graced by the ideas of Burke, Hayek, Weaver, Friedman, Kirk, and Buckley today views the feces-flinging by Breitbart and in a constellation of kook-right conspiracy sites that would make Lyndon LaRouche blush as highbrow conservative commentary.

It's not an argument for mainstream media malpractice, Obama, Clinton, social justice silliness, George Soros, or the Pentaverate to say that imitating the worst behavior of the press doesn't exactly honor the ideals we claim to serve or elevate the conservative message.

Yes, in 2008 the press lost their damn collective minds. The first Obama campaign benefited from a tidal wave of largely uncritical adulation. They spoke and wrote about Obama in terms so glowing and so toadying that it was easy to caricature the journalist class of 2008 as a group of fangirls squeeing and fainting at his every utterance.

That's no excuse for the coverage of the 2016 Republican presidential campaigns or of this presidency, where coverage was driven by Infowars and Breitbart.

If conservative media is to mean something outside the narrowest confines of the base, it needs to be honest, direct, and critical of our failings. Good journalism ought to matter on the right and not fall into the slavish corruption of basic journalistic practices in service to the preferred narrative."

The best part of his book is the last chapter and the epilogue where he lays out what he feels needs to happen to bring us back to a healthy democracy and a healthy Republican party. Reading it out loud to my DH made me cry tears of patriotic joy, because everything he states in there is what all Americans want, and would seriously entice me to re-join that party.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 May 2019 14:20 #39 by Rick
Rick Wilson is the guy we should be listening to? LOL This douchebag lives on CNN and MSNBC and probably hates Trump as much as Hillary, and well before Trump was the nominee. If this is a source you trust to get unbiased news, then I now truly understand where your point of view comes from.

This guy predicted the end of the Republican party if Trump was elected... now Trumps approval is right where Obama's was at the same time in his presidency. Guys like Wilson become more and more irrelevant as their nightmare predictions continue to collapse. He's probably one of the many Trump haters who predicted economic and stock market disasters and now can only get gigs on leftist shows hosted by unhinged morons.

George Orwell

09 May 2019 14:49 #40 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic What Sources Do You Trust?

Rick wrote: ...LOL This douchebag...hates...nightmare predictions...haters...disasters...leftist...unhinged morons.

You were saying something about unhinged folks? :huh:

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds