WAITING.......

07 May 2019 12:29 #1 by homeagain
WAITING....... was created by homeagain
www.cnbc.com/2019/05/07/worst-case-scena...-war-with-china.html

TARIFFMAN IS BACK........IS IT A PLOY OR PREDICTION OF THINGS TO COME? wait for it......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2019 17:21 #2 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic WAITING.......
Would Schumer back his stance if it was a ploy?

07 May 2019 18:34 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic WAITING.......
www.businessinsider.com/us-china-tariff-...al-in-trouble-2019-5

FRIDAY is the start of a fabulous fubar...….IF the above is accurate...wait for it.

07 May 2019 19:06 - 07 May 2019 19:10 #4 by Pony Soldier
Might be good for the economy overall to break some of our dependence on Chinese goods. It will likely hurt them a LOT more than it will hurt us. Do you want him to roll over and show his belly like all the other presidents have done since Nixon? They need to know there are consequences for stealing intellectual property and cheating on current agreements.

www.cnbc.com/2019/05/06/schumer-urges-tr...e-tariff-threat.html

On another note, it is interesting that the NYT comes up with Trump tax docs right after Hillary publicly asks China to hack them.... I think we need a special prosecutor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

08 May 2019 08:33 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic WAITING.......
Normally I don't support tariffs, but China is definitely breaking the rules here, subsidizing their exports, spying on American companies and citizens. Do we just let this go on? A necessary penalty so US consumers get cheap goods and American companies get access to Chinese markets. My company did a lot of business with Chinese buyers and suppliers, but as a buyer they were very difficult to deal with, always wanting to switch specified parts with cheaper substitutes. Trump's game of chicken does appear to be hurting the Chinese economy and American farmers who are losing access to Chinese markets. Who will blink first? China is acting tough right now. Can they find enough buyers in the rest of the world to make up for the increased US tariffs?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 May 2019 09:58 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WAITING.......

towermonkey wrote: Might be good for the economy overall to break some of our dependence on Chinese goods. It will likely hurt them a LOT more than it will hurt us. Do you want him to roll over and show his belly like all the other presidents have done since Nixon? They need to know there are consequences for stealing intellectual property and cheating on current agreements.

This is a problem that is getting worse over time and the left thinks the status quo is ok? About time we had a president who has the balls to hold these thieves accountable for their crimes. What would China be today without everything they've stolen from us? Their economy would have collapsed decades ago. I'm willing to pay more now to see this insanity end because the alternative is even worse.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

08 May 2019 09:59 #7 by Rick

homeagain wrote: www.cnbc.com/2019/05/07/worst-case-scena...-war-with-china.html

TARIFFMAN IS BACK........IS IT A PLOY OR PREDICTION OF THINGS TO COME? wait for it......

Are you willing to stick your neck out a bit and make a prediction?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 May 2019 10:24 #8 by Pony Soldier
She did... “wait for it”

08 May 2019 10:28 - 08 May 2019 10:39 #9 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic WAITING.......

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.cnbc.com/2019/05/07/worst-case-scena...-war-with-china.html

www.cnbc.com/2019/05/08/china-says-it-wi...-us-ups-tariffs.html

WELL NOW......game of chicken by the Chinese......are THEY willing to bet on a better
deal under a NEW leader next year......ya never know what strategy is strongest....THEY
will dictate this...not I.

from my pov...the king got kicked by the dow….so he twitted a reassurance for the financial
crowd......just a ploy to protect the "prosperity".

08 May 2019 12:02 - 08 May 2019 12:03 #10 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

www.cnbc.com/2019/05/08/china-says-it-wi...-us-ups-tariffs.html

WELL NOW......game of chicken by the Chinese......are THEY willing to bet on a better
deal under a NEW leader next year......ya never know what strategy is strongest....THEY
will dictate this...not I.

I just asked you to make a prediction... I know your MO is to not say anything where you could be proven wrong but you seem pretty sure this is all going to blow up.

And by "better leader", do you mean a leader that rolls over and lets Chine continue to jam it up our collective A$$es? I guess Biden would be a good candidate since he's already working with China for personal benefit.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds